Now the proud owner of...

Simon Mason

Guest
Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper limit
of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically bids on your
behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns out as the other
person bailed out at 480. So, I paid 480 quid on this 02
bike which was originally selling for 900 quid :)Now I've
got to find some smooth roads to ride it on this summer.

http://www.beasleycycles.com.au/images/fondriest/megalu_-
new_ht.gif

Simon Mason

On 7 Mar 2004 03:46:39 -0800, in
<[email protected]>, [email protected]
(Simon Mason) wrote:

>Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper
>limit of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically
>bids on your behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns out
>as the other person bailed out at 480. So, I paid 480
>quid on this 02 bike which was originally selling for 900
>quid :)Now I've got to find some smooth roads to ride it
>on this summer.

You shouldn't ride it - racing bikes are just for
looking at!

--
DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which
appears in my inbox is mine to do what I like with. Anything

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> >Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper
> >limit of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically
> >bids on your behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns out
> >as the other person bailed out at 480. So, I paid 480
> >quid on this 02 bike which was originally selling for 900
> >quid :)Now I've got to find some smooth roads to ride it
> >on this summer.

I bought one of these on '02, decked out in Lampre team
colours and shod with Campag Veloce. 2 years later it's now
going strong as my Winter hacker, complete with guards.

Enjoy the bike.

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > >Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper
> > >limit of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically
> > >bids on your behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns
> > >out as the other person bailed out at 480. So, I paid
> > >480 quid on this 02 bike which was originally selling
> > >for 900 quid :)Now I've got to find some smooth roads
> > >to ride it on this summer.
> >

> I bought one of these on '02, decked out in Lampre
> team colours and shod with Campag Veloce. 2 years
> later it's now going strong as my Winter hacker,
> complete with guards.
>
> Enjoy the bike.

Thanks, Ive got to get some bike lockers sorted out at work
before I can commute on it, it will stick out like a sore
thumb otherwise. Simon