Now the proud owner of...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper limit
    of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically bids on your
    behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns out as the other
    person bailed out at 480. So, I paid 480 quid on this 02
    bike which was originally selling for 900 quid :)Now I've
    got to find some smooth roads to ride it on this summer.

    http://www.beasleycycles.com.au/images/fondriest/megalu_-
    new_ht.gif

    Simon Mason

    Tags:

  2. On 7 Mar 2004 03:46:39 -0800, in
    <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    (Simon Mason) wrote:

    >Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper
    >limit of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically
    >bids on your behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns out
    >as the other person bailed out at 480. So, I paid 480
    >quid on this 02 bike which was originally selling for 900
    >quid :)Now I've got to find some smooth roads to ride it
    >on this summer.

    You shouldn't ride it - racing bikes are just for
    looking at!

    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which
    appears in my inbox is mine to do what I like with. Anything

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > >Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper
    > >limit of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically
    > >bids on your behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns out
    > >as the other person bailed out at 480. So, I paid 480
    > >quid on this 02 bike which was originally selling for 900
    > >quid :)Now I've got to find some smooth roads to ride it
    > >on this summer.

    I bought one of these on '02, decked out in Lampre team
    colours and shod with Campag Veloce. 2 years later it's now
    going strong as my Winter hacker, complete with guards.

    Enjoy the bike.

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
    volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during

  4. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > >Thanks for the e-bay suggestions folks. I set an upper
    > > >limit of 500 quid and as you say, e-bay automatically
    > > >bids on your behalf. 500 quid was spot on as it turns
    > > >out as the other person bailed out at 480. So, I paid
    > > >480 quid on this 02 bike which was originally selling
    > > >for 900 quid :)Now I've got to find some smooth roads
    > > >to ride it on this summer.
    > >

    > I bought one of these on '02, decked out in Lampre
    > team colours and shod with Campag Veloce. 2 years
    > later it's now going strong as my Winter hacker,
    > complete with guards.
    >
    > Enjoy the bike.

    Thanks, Ive got to get some bike lockers sorted out at work
    before I can commute on it, it will stick out like a sore
    thumb otherwise. Simon