Now these are retro!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42319&item=36-
    > 85948863&rd=1
    > hippy

    One of my "projects" would fit the bill for these wheels, the frame has
    no drop outs on the front forks, but it originally had Gem brakes
    attached. Which makes the frame considerably more modern.

    Maybe the Farrens could be interested, they have a couple of hickory
    frames in their collection....?

    --

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Fitted to a cyclocross machine for the next singlespeed race? :)
    > Also fitted: one of those brrm brrm noise makers in the "street
    > cred" thread!

    Nah, for a far more convincing (and free) brrm brrm noise, simply squash
    a beer can lengthwise and place btw the rear tread and brake bosses.
    Hard to pedal and the novelty swiftly wears off....

    --

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > One of my "projects" would fit the bill for these wheels, the frame has
    > no drop outs on the front forks, but it originally had Gem brakes
    > attached. Which makes the frame considerably more modern.

    Fitted to a cyclocross machine for the next singlespeed race? :)

    Also fitted: one of those brrm brrm noise makers in the "street
    cred" thread!

    --

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Nah, for a far more convincing (and free) brrm brrm noise, simply squash
    > a beer can lengthwise and place btw the rear tread and brake bosses.
    > Hard to pedal and the novelty swiftly wears off....

    I've done that a few times "accidentally". You know, when you see a can
    on the road and think "I'll squish that!", run over it and it wedges
    against the fork.. grrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrrrrrr "Ah crap it! better get that
    outta there before it kills my paint job!"

    --

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

  8. hippy

    hippy Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > is that a 'retro' suspension seatpost? and the rear rack is a great
    > design. Ah, all things old are new again... When I was a lad, etc, etc

    Check out the leather grips too!