Now this guy is hardcore!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave W, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Tags:

  2. Xtc

    Xtc Guest

  3. Red_74

    Red_74 Guest

    > Yep, this FAR exceeds my definition o what cold weather is....
    >
    > Dave (no thanks!)

    I'm starting to feel cold already!

    stay warm,
    --
    Red_74
    http://linx.by/red_74

  4. Rocketman

    Rocketman Guest

    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Speaking of cold...
    >
    > http://www.adn.com/outdoors/story/4642867p-4599504c.html
    >
    > Yep, this FAR exceeds my definition o what cold weather is....
    >
    > Dave (no thanks!)

    Damn! They were riding at *65 degrees below zero*, and changed a flat at -40 degrees! Read the part
    about frozen-solid rubber innertubes. Anybody know if tubeless tires would work at that temperature?
    I'm betting they'd fail (since the rubber hardens up).

    OK, I'll never complain about Midwestern US winters again.

    r0cK3T/\/\4|\|

  5. David

    David Guest

  6. Well, I've lived most of my life in sunny Southern California. This is the first year living in
    Chicago and I went for a ride on Friday - 18 miles, -1F. I think that's my limit! I can't even
    imagine -65F!

    I have to admit I could have been better dressed, but I can feel that the grease is thicker and the
    overall resistance of the internals is greater.

    Collin

    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Speaking of cold...
    >
    > http://www.adn.com/outdoors/story/4642867p-4599504c.html
    >
    > Yep, this FAR exceeds my definition o what cold weather is....
    >
    > Dave (no thanks!)

  7. Md

    Md Guest

    Cool, no pun intended. I actually live up here in Whitehorse, the
    beginning/end of the Yukon Quest. It got pretty cold here last week we were
    seeing -40F/C weather and colder. I like biking but I can't see myself out
    there in that weather.
    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Speaking of cold...
    >
    > http://www.adn.com/outdoors/story/4642867p-4599504c.html
    >
    > Yep, this FAR exceeds my definition o what cold weather is....
    >
    > Dave (no thanks!)

  8. Rocketman

    Rocketman Guest

    "Collin O'Neill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Well, I've lived most of my life in sunny Southern California. This is the first year living in
    > Chicago and I went for a ride on Friday - 18 miles, -1F. I think that's my limit! I can't even
    > imagine -65F!
    >
    > I have to admit I could have been better dressed, but I can feel that the grease is thicker and
    > the overall resistance of the internals is greater.
    >
    > Collin

    Welcome to the Midwest, Collin. Stay warm.

    r0cK3T/\/\4|\|