NP viewable when riding...

Originally Posted by flapsupcleanup .

$1000 per day? I thought trolls worked just for the beauty of the craft.
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ric_stern/RST .

i forgot to buy doughnuts. anyway, they make me fat. i would love a thread that had Frank, Warren, Noel, the old guy in. It'd be great. Like a super cycling comedy show. I miss Frank, does anyone know where he hangs out these days? It's been a while since i've had a laugh with him.

Anyway, CB at WR pace managed a "paltry" ~118% of his FTP for his pursuit effort. He wasn't too shabby.
Seriously? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Fday would at least go away after a few weeks. I hate to say it, but if it were possible I would gladly trade AOG for Fday.

I guess I need to turn my perspective as well and simply be enterained by the troll's dillusional posts. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

AOG, since you are a data guy you should understand this. All the posts you have made on this particular thread have been ademently disagreed with by at least 10 different people, I can find a single person who has agreed with a word you have said. People are making fun of some of the rediculous statements you have made, we are all sitting at home and laughing at you. This is just one thread of the dozens that are like this. Did you ever stop and think for one second that it is maybe you who is wrong and misguided as opposed to the dozens who disagree with the crazy $hit you post?

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

There are were couple of folks that I actually believe that could do 350W or higher that have posted on this board over the past few years. I haven't seen too many of them posting recently.

I highly doubt that folks that are riding at, or very near their FTP, are having a nice conversation for 50 minutes when riding at FTP for an hour. That statement in itself singularly demonstrates that you way off the mark.

At 400W I'm in the "no conversation zone" within the first minute. It's been over a decade since I managed 400W for 5 minutes. High 380s in recent years for 5 minutes is bordering on bringing up Campbels chunky soup territory. 310 to 320 FTP is about all I can muster these days when fit. I'm sure I could nudge the power for shorter durations up a bit with some very focused training. As with the 350W statement above, I don't know of too many folks on here that are sub 154lb and putting out over 400watts for 5+ minutes. Some of the bigger guys can but not too many that are up there with a stellar power/weight ratio to match.
The ability to have a conversation depends on heart rate not on power output.

If you are unhappy with your riding abilities then you should work to improve your abilities. Bashing me will not make you better.

Originally Posted by bgoetz .

AOG, since you are a data guy you should understand this. All the posts you have made on this particular thread have been ademently disagreed with by at least 10 different people, I can find a single person who has agreed with a word you have said. People are making fun of some of the rediculous statements you have made, we are all sitting at home and laughing at you. This is just one thread of the dozens that are like this. Did you ever stop and think for one second that it is maybe you who is wrong and misguided as opposed to the dozens who disagree with the crazy $hit you post?
I attribute most of the comments people make to their inability to comprehend what they read.

I did not make a claim I could ride at 150% of FTP for 5 minutes. acoggan made the claim that no one could ride at 150% of FTP for 5 minutes. I disagreed and suggested that perhaps he was looking at the wrong type of rider. (Perhaps one of those 10 year old boys who can hit 500w would be a suitable rider.)

acoggan changed that statement of his to make himself look better. He has done that twice in this thread. And the thread is not yet over.

---

The fact that the religious fanatics are out in force does not make them right.

frank never went away (although i have lost touch with him over the last year or two due to a self-imposed exile from slowtwitch and the treatment of my friends therein, hello alex and andy). frank was great because he'd talk himself into a corner and then bring in his made up friends and made up "data". i used to love reading his posts over breakfast. i mean this seriously, he was thoroughly entertaining.

i probably lost days of training due to frank. some morning i'd be in stitches, laughing myself silly, i'd be crying. i'd just not be able to motivate myself to train after a bout of hysterics.

An old Guy said:
I attribute most of the comments people make to their inability to comprehend what they read.
. Ok so let me get this straight, you would rather beleive that every single one of us has reading comprehension problems, than think for one second that the problem may be your misguided understanding of what you are trying to debate? Does this really seem logical to you?

Originally Posted by flapsupcleanup .

$1000 per day? I thought trolls worked just for the beauty of the craft.
I must not be a troll.

---

I don't want the job. I don't need the job. I have better things to do.

But I appear to be the only one able to do the job.

. Ok so let me get this straight, you would rather beleive that every single one of us has reading comprehension problems, than think for one second that the problem may be your misguided understanding of what you are trying to debate? Does this really seem logical to you?
I gave some anecdotes in the post you quoted. I don't think the issue deserves any more examination.

---

I am not sure that people who lack reading comprehension have an informed opinion. But science does not really support personal opinion. If you have science to support whatever you think is wrong with my view, please present it. acoggan seems to have no science only anecdotes and opinions.

AOG, So you say 5 minutes at 150% is a bit much. How about 2 minutes at 150% followed by 2 minutes either freewheeling/peddling slow/barfing in the bushes - for an hour? Reckon you could do that? If things unfold as usual I should be seeing Frank in a few weeks up near Lake Tahoe... Always an interesting chat catching up on things.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

AOG,
So you say 5 minutes at 150% is a bit much. How about 2 minutes at 150% followed by 2 minutes either freewheeling/peddling slow/barfing in the bushes - for an hour? Reckon you could do that?
If things unfold as usual I should be seeing Frank in a few weeks up near Lake Tahoe... Always an interesting chat catching up on things.
I am sorry. acoggan said it was a bit much. Sad to say but you seem to read what is not there.

I can do 45-60 seconds at 150% followed by an equal amount of time at 0% for a couple hours. I don't have a suitable place to try 2 minute intervals.

An old Guy said:
I am not sure that people who lack reading comprehension have an informed opinion. But science does not really support personal opinion. If you have science to support whatever you think is wrong with my view, please present it. acoggan seems to have no science only anecdotes and opinions.
I can go to a website and look at all of the data/science behind acoggan's theorys. I can go to Amazon and get a book, I can look at all of the teams who have and continued to follow his training theorys. That is lots of data, that is science. All we get from you is that it will cost $90k to get any evidence supporting the complete **** you post. So I suggest you re-read your own comment above because everything about it applies to you and the complete $hit that flows from your trap.

I can go to a website and look at all of the data/science behind acoggan's theorys. I can go to Amazon and get a book, I can look at all of the teams who have and continued to follow his training theorys. That is lots of data, that is science. All we get from you is that it will cost $90k to get any evidence supporting the complete **** you post. So I suggest you re-read your own comment above because everything about it applies to you and the complete $hit that flows from your trap.
I am sure you can find books that support your religion.

But there is no science. acoggan said he has published nothing that is peer reviewed on the matter. He has said there is no peer reviewed support for his theory.

acoggan disagrees with Andy Coggan about training. You might recall acoggan's post on page 4 of this thread where he wrote "While doing so, however, be sure to maintain an average of IF of >0.75, as a cyclist (I corrected his spelling) training for competition would." Andy Coggan has lots of papers claiming that days with average power under 55% (IF certainly well under 75%) are necessary for recovery.

One of those guy's is a joke.

---

If you are able to put out 90 days of TSS above 300 (I am sure anyone here can) and want to quit your day job to do so (I don't think you want to), you can do the riding for nothing and prove acoggan wrong.

I have better things to do with my time then provide proof that his religion is a fraud. But if acoggan paid $90K, I would suggest that no one would disagree with the results. but I don't think acoggan is willing to pay.

Originally Posted by An old Guy .

One of those guy's US is a joke.

---

If you are able to put out 90 days of TSS above 300 (I am sure anyone here can) and want to quit your day job to do so (I don't think you want to), you can do the riding for nothing and prove acoggan wrong.

I have better things to do with my time then provide proof that his religion is a fraud. But if acoggan paid $90K, I would suggest that no one would disagree with the results. but I don't think acoggan is willing to pay.
FixedItForYou, and I think we all know who is the joke. The above statement "TSS above 300 (I am sure anyone here can) and want to quit your day job to do so" this would imply long duration efforts to achieve about 300 TSS per day. At 75% FTP, 9 hours a dayor 17 hours per day at 55% would mathematically generate about 300 TSS per day. For 90 consecutive days????? You are delusional!

AOG where is your science that supports your beliefs? How many thing have you published? How many world class cyclists have you trained?

Yeah I suspect my kidneys would fail on about day 20 of riding 300TSS. Heck I am not sure I would make it 10 days in a row.

Originally Posted by DAL1955 .

FixedItForYou, and I think we all know who is the joke. The above statement "TSS above 300 (I am sure anyone here can) and want to quit your day job to do so" this would imply long duration efforts to achieve about 300 TSS per day. At 75% FTP, 9 hours a dayor 17 hours per day at 55% would mathematically generate about 300 TSS per day. For 90 consecutive days????? You are delusional!
I think your math is in error. My rides of less than 5 hour rides get me over 200TSS. At most 7.5 hours.

But we all know that doing intervals of 112.5%/0% of FTP for 4 hours is 300TSS. Really boring. Not really fair.

AOG where is your science that supports your beliefs? How many thing have you published? How many world class cyclists have you trained?
The question you should have asked long time ago was: Where is Andy Coggan's science?

I did more experimentation than Andy Coggan did. He did none. Having "published" here, I have published more than he has on the subject.

---

30 years ago I asked a question at a science conference. A lot of very fine people responded with 50-100 papers. Now, I am faced with the decision of publishing a 2 paragraph paper on my question. It seems all of those papers got the wrong answer to the question.

Hard to find a venue that makes those fine people still look good.

Great! So since you have done experimentation that lets see it, let's see your science. I don't care about acoggan it is you I don't agree with, show us all the results of YOUR experimentation and point me in the direction of what you have published

An old Guy said:
I think your math is in error. My rides of less than 5 hour rides get me over 200TSS. At most 7.5 hours.
See now I am confused, based on your response here you only ride 4 days a week 4hrs a day. How do you know if you can do multiple days of 200+ TSS let alone 300TSS http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/475331/how-many-hours-do-you-train-per-week/15#post_4037122

Originally Posted by An old Guy .

But we all know that doing intervals of 112.5%/0% of FTP for 4 hours is 300TSS. Really boring. Not really fair.
My apologies, Yes my math was in error... 6 or 10 hr rides at 75% or 55% of FTP generates about 300 per day. Still delusional to think you can do that for 90 consecutive days