NP viewable when riding...

Originally Posted by DAL1955 .

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]"While I have data that shows to me I can do 300TSS for 90 days, the data may not include 90 consecutive days of 300TSS at 75% IF". [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Let's put this statment to the test a little... I thought some perspective might be useful[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]300 TSS is equal to 9.91hrs at .55IF or 10.1MPH for 100 miles[/COLOR]
Day in - Day out for 90 days --- 9000 miles in those 90 days -
(100 miles is an arbitrary distance used just to create a speed reference)

If you've got data that shows you can do 90 days of 300 TSS rides at any intensity between those above, I say put it up, or shut up. Ignoring all the debate over your belief in the power training methodology, the realistic implications of your claims clearly demonstrate the sheer lunacy of your position.

DAL

At 10mph 200 miles would take 20 hours. There are a number of people who have ridden 200 miles a day for a year. It is reasonable to believe that they did their 200 mile days in under 20 hours so above 10mph.

Using your numbers those people would have 600TSS/day. For a year.

Those people have data. You will need to infer some FTP for them, but to get their TSS below 300 you would need to get their FTP well above what anyone would believe.

Maybe you need some more time to consider.

Originally Posted by acoggan .

Again, you are clearly confused.

1. While the units of CTL are TSS/d, CTL is calculated as an exponentially-weighted moving average with a default time constant of 42 d. That means CTL primarily (87.5%) reflects what you have done in the last ~3 mo, i.e., it is the long-term consequences of a very high training load that are the issue here.

2. I have, in fact, made no hard-and-fast claims with respect to maximum possible CTL - merely related the observation that I've never seen any racing cyclist achieve a CTL of >200 TSS/d. (Emphasis on "racing" because the variability of such training - which typically leads to an overall average of IF of 0.75 of above - tends to limit maximum CTL.) This is, as I have noted, consistent with what you'd expect based on, e.g., the maximum possible long-term energy expenditure that appears tolerable by factory workers, etc.

However, this is not to say that somebody, somewhere, couldn't decide to go out their door and rack up century-ride-after-century-ride at a leisurely-to-steady pace
Actually you have made such claims about maintaining TSS>200 for extended periods of time. I quoted you in a previous thread. I am not about to look up your claim.

As I illustrated in a previous post IF>.75 is achievable with intervals of 110-120%/0%. Boring but doable for the required length of time. Certainly not racing training, but what is. And within the scope of your claim.

---

I am not sure why you would bring up factory workers, but you did. Factory workers are willing to produce .1hp (75w) (according to the book Bicycling Mechanics). Much less than most bicyle racer training.

---

Regardless of your previous claims and your current clarifications, you have said I could not do 300TSS/day for 90 days. State the exact terms, send me a check for my work ($1000/day), and wait for the results.

---

You made the following statement on page 2 of this thread: "The problem is that no one can duplicate your rides, such that your claims have not been verified, but rather, debunked. "

I have offered to produce science quality data for you, You seem to prefer anecdote based science.

AOG, why is your desire to continue arguing with a bunch of folk that have not been convinced by any of your posts? Do you think at some point we are all going to just have a some sort of wake up moment and believe you know what you are talking about? You have tried unsuccessfully for many weeks now.

You have attempted for weeks to convince us of something. As far as I can tell no one has changed their opinion and jumped on your bandwagon. If no one is changing their opinions to agree with you then why do you keep arguing about it? If we are all too dense to understand, why not just scamper along to other useful things in life and consider us a bunch of idiots?

Or is it really about being the troll and continue to stir this all up day after day?
Or is it about your "intellectual" pride that just keeps driving your responses to prove yourself?

Originally Posted by Felt_Rider .

AOG, why is your desire to continue arguing with a bunch of folk that have not been convinced by any of your posts? Do you think at some point we are all going to just have a some sort of wake up moment and believe you know what you are talking about? You have tried unsuccessfully for many weeks now.

You have attempted for weeks to convince us of something. As far as I can tell no one has changed their opinion and jumped on your bandwagon. If no one is changing their opinions to agree with you then why do you keep arguing about it? If we are all too dense to understand, why not just scamper along to other useful things in life and consider us a bunch of idiots?

Or is it really about being the troll and continue to stir this all up day after day?
Or is it about your "intellectual" pride that just keeps driving your responses to prove yourself?
I refuse to leave to appease bullies. Even bullies who think of themselves as idiots.

----

I think acoggan is continuaaly changing his position.

That response answers my question.

It is about your "intellectual" pride that just keeps driving your responses to prove yourself?

Hope it works out for you better than its been going so far.

Originally Posted by An old Guy .

At 10mph 200 miles would take 20 hours. There are a number of people who have ridden 200 miles a day for a year. It is reasonable to believe that they did their 200 mile days in under 20 hours so above 10mph.

Using your numbers those people would have 600TSS/day. For a year.

Those people have data. You will need to infer some FTP for them, but to get their TSS below 300 you would need to get their FTP well above what anyone would believe.

Maybe you need some more time to consider.
We're not talking about "some people"... we're talking about YOU, what YOU claim YOU have data to support. I don't see anyone here claiming they did 200 miles a day for a year. I only see YOU here claiming YOU did 300 TSS per day for 90 days or more and have data to support it. Put up or shut up time!

We're not talking about "some people"... we're talking about YOU, what YOU claim YOU have data to support. I don't see anyone here claiming they did 200 miles a day for a year. I only see YOU here claiming YOU did 300 TSS per day for 90 days or more and have data to support it. Put up or shut up time!
First, a correction to your comments. I only claim to have data that proves to me that I can do 300TSS for 90 days. I never said that I had proof you would accept. It appears that acoggan is changing the requirements. I have no belief that he would accept the data as data let lone proof.

---

I am sorry. Andy Coaggan and acoggan make a claim that no one can do something similar. You should be asking them for their proof.

---

Since acoggan's claim was that no one could do whatever and you published your computations> I thought that you would accept any one doing 300TSS based on your computations for a long period as proof that acoggan and Andy Coggan were wrong. I guess I was wrong.
---

If you want proof of my ability, $90K will get you 3 months of data.

It is really hard to collect data on long term training. Plan a nice 9000 mile (more like 125miles/day so 11250 miles) road trip. Need to get up at 5am and ride because of the temperatures. Hotels at night. I don't handle sugars as well as I did when I was young. Tough to get enough complex carbs on a road trip. Need to carry a computer to download my data each night. Carry spare clothing and foul weather gear. Enough tools to not lose a day because of mechanicals.

11000 miles in 3 moths does improve one's condition.

An old Guy said:
First, a correction to your comments. I only claim to have data that proves to me that I can do 300TSS for 90 days. I never said that I had proof you would accept. It appears that acoggan is changing the requirements. I have no belief that he would accept the data as data let lone proof.
Your position makes no logical sense. Currently, the majority of people on this forum who have read your **** think your a total idiot who does not even ride a bike ( include me in that list). So worst case is you post data that we don't agree shows you can produce 300 TSS for 90 days, but not only do you add some legitimacy that you ride a bike, but you actually collect data via a power meter when you do. So even worst case you are still ahead. That is unless me and many others are right and you are just some person living a fantasy through a made up forum troll and therefore don't have an ounce of data to even show.

---

I am sorry. Andy Coaggan and acoggan make a claim that no one can do something similar. You should be asking them for their proof.

---

Since acoggan's claim was that no one could do whatever and you published your computations> I thought that you would accept any one doing 300TSS based on your computations for a long period as proof that acoggan and Andy Coggan were wrong. I guess I was wrong.
---

It is really hard to collect data on long term training. Plan a nice 9000 mile (more like 125miles/day so 11250 miles) road trip. Need to get up at 5am and ride because of the temperatures. Hotels at night. I don't handle sugars as well as I did when I was young. Tough to get enough complex carbs on a road trip. Need to carry a computer to download my data each night. Carry spare clothing and foul weather gear. Enough tools to not lose a day because of mechanicals.

I quote again..... [COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]"[/COLOR]While I have data that shows to me I can do 300TSS for 90 days, the data may not include 90 consecutive days of 300TSS at 75% IF[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]". This statement is clear - you have data that you believe to show that you can do 90 -300 TSS days in a row, qualified with that it might not have 90 consecutive days above .75IF. I said OK, post it. no qualifiers, no anything, just post it. You remind me of that song from a few years ago - [/COLOR]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

I quote again..... [COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]"[/COLOR]While I have data that shows to me I can do 300TSS for 90 days, the data may not include 90 consecutive days of 300TSS at 75% IF[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]". This statement is clear - you have data that you believe to show that you can do 90 -300 TSS days in a row, qualified with that it might not have 90 consecutive days above .75IF. I said OK, post it. no qualifiers, no anything, just post it. You remind me of that song from a few years ago - [/COLOR]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ
It won't happen because it doesn't exist.

As I illustrated in a previous post IF>.75 is achievable with intervals of 110-120%/0%. Boring but doable for the required length of time. Certainly not racing training, but what is. And within the scope of your claim.
You have illustrated how you think it could be done but have yet to produce the data to backup that claim.

Prove me wrong - but I think you're incapable of doing what you say is possible.

Why pay you when we can laugh at you for being an uninformed fool that lies.

3 moths? Personally when I fly I prefer a plane.

Carry on...

Originally Posted by bgoetz .

Your position makes no logical sense. Currently, the majority of people on this forum who have read your **** think your a total idiot who does not even ride a bike ( include me in that list). So worst case is you post data that we don't agree shows you can produce 300 TSS for 90 days, but not only do you add some legitimacy that you ride a bike, but you actually collect data via a power meter when you do. So even worst case you are still ahead.
That is unless me and many others are right and you are just some person living a fantasy through a made up forum troll and therefore don't have an ounce of data to even show.
Andy Coggan made the claim no one could do 300TSS for a prolonged period of time. I don't think you are Andy Coggan. I would rather have him set the rules than you.

---

I have provided evidence that several people have done much more than 300TSS for a whole year. You have not yet accepted that evidence. I have no doubt that you would reject any evidence that I might offer.

---

In any case, we now have this stupid claim of Andy Coggan's that racers train with an average IF above .75.

24 hours/day * .75 IF *100 = 1800 TSS/day. (I count the zeros.)

Most racers are below .10 IF.

---

I was out early today. Took pace off an age group guy at 95% of my FTP for 6-7 miles. He seemed to have problems in getting comfortable. Then I turned off to ride the hill. Tough hill even with a 34/30. Must be the heat. I got my 4 hours in.

I am not setting any rules, I am just telling you this entire forum thinks your a total idiot. If that is your goal, carry on! Quite honestly, and I hate to admit it, but I am excited to see a fresh post that you have made, because it will undoubtably provide me with some form of entertainment. I have not played any games on my iPhone in months, I just obsessively check cycling forms to see if you have posted more off the wall ****. ---- I rode my bike today up a hill, a big one. Had a guy In front of me and decided to give chase, rode at 600watts until I caught him (4-5 miles). To my suprise it was Lance! We continued at 500 watts while discussing the family. I then realized I had reached 300TSS for the day and decided it was due time to take a sip of water. Lance and I parted ways and I picked things up to a nice 700 watt steady tempo for the remainder of the ride.

"I have provided evidence that several people have done much more than 300TSS for a whole year. You have not yet accepted that evidence. I have no doubt that you would reject any evidence that I might offer." You have provided no evidence. You have simply supposed that there were some people that did some things. Absolutely no data, just suppositions. The only evidence you have supplied is what is contained in your posts, ample evidence that you are a complete idiot.

In any case, we now have this stupid claim of Andy Coggan's that racers train with an average IF above .75.
24 hours/day * .75 IF *100 = 1800 TSS/day. (I count the zeros.)
Once again you demonstrate your ineptitude (i.e. that's not how TSS is calculated). But this has been pointed out before and does not sink in. I am sorry about your cognitive dissonance, I recommend seeking professional help.

Most racers are below .10 IF.
Oh dear.

Originally Posted by Alex Simmons .

Once again you demonstrate your ineptitude (i.e. that's not how TSS is calculated). But this has been pointed out before and does not sink in. I am sorry about your cognitive dissonance, I recommend seeking professional help.

Oh dear.
"Oh Dear"... is that the Aussie equivalent of the southern "Well, bless his heart"?