NRR: Aliso Woods

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Non-Ride Report:

Visiting Anaheim for a few days, so I took the bike. Got to Aliso this
morning and the skies opened up. Whatever happened to "it never rains in
southern California"? I watched everyone running to their cars. I will not
contribute to trail destruction, so I sadly turned around and went back to
the hotel. The sun came out at 5,so I'll try again tomorrow.

Ride-A-Lot
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot <Mitchell@ wrote:

> Non-Ride Report:
>
> Visiting Anaheim for a few days, so I took the bike. Got to Aliso this
> morning and the skies opened up. Whatever happened to "it never rains in
> southern California"? I watched everyone running to their cars. I will not
> contribute to trail destruction, so I sadly turned around and went back to
> the hotel. The sun came out at 5,so I'll try again tomorrow.
>
> Ride-A-Lot
> www.schnauzers.ws

That sucks... didn't know you were in town.
--
Slacker

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:05:33 -0700, Slacker wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot <Mitchell@ wrote:

>> Visiting Anaheim for a few days, so I took the bike. Got to Aliso this
>> morning and the skies opened up. Whatever happened to "it never rains in
>> southern California"? I watched everyone running to their cars. I will not
>> contribute to trail destruction, so I sadly turned around and went back to
>> the hotel. The sun came out at 5,so I'll try again tomorrow.

> That sucks... didn't know you were in town.

i was thinking of going down to El Moro later ... but i'm thinking i'll
probably find it closed to bikes. am i right in thinking they do that a
day or two after a rain?

Socks wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:05:33 -0700, Slacker wrote:
>
> i was thinking of going down to El Moro later ... but i'm thinking i'll
> probably find it closed to bikes. am i right in thinking they do that a
> day or two after a rain?

Yeah, 24hr closure is typical; heavy rain ~ 48hrs+. IIRC, thought I
remember reading/hearing that it's 24hrs per every 1/4" of rain, but it
doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule.
--
Slacker

Normally parks closed one day for per inch of rain. Each of the Orange
County Parks open independently of each other.

Link to County Parks web site...sometimes they do answer the phones.
http://www.ocparks.com/wildernessparks/

Crystal Cove State Park (El Moro) 949-494-3539

news:p[email protected]...

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:19:23 -0700, Dean A. Stepper wrote:

> Normally parks closed one day for per inch of rain. Each of the Orange
> County Parks open independently of each other.
>
> Link to County Parks web site...sometimes they do answer the phones.
> http://www.ocparks.com/wildernessparks/
>
> Crystal Cove State Park (El Moro) 949-494-3539

thanks, i tried yesterday and got the recording.

fwiw it was closed today, so i resorted to a road ride.

> Ride-A-Lot <Mitchell@ wrote:
>
> > Non-Ride Report:
> >
> > Visiting Anaheim for a few days, so I took the bike. Got to Aliso this
> > morning and the skies opened up. Whatever happened to "it never rains

in
> > southern California"? I watched everyone running to their cars. I will

not
> > contribute to trail destruction, so I sadly turned around and went back

> > the hotel. The sun came out at 5,so I'll try again tomorrow.
> >
> > Ride-A-Lot
> > www.schnauzers.ws
> >

> That sucks... didn't know you were in town.
> --
> Slacker

I didn't know you were from these parts and you probably wouldn't want to
deal with my slow pace and chicken sh*t antics on SJT :). Anyway, just got
back from SJT and Aliso (opened late morning). Ride report later, but all I
can say is WOW and holy sh*t that SJT is trechorous!

>>That sucks... didn't know you were in town.
>>--
>>Slacker

> I didn't know you were from these parts and you probably wouldn't want to
> deal with my slow pace and chicken sh*t antics on SJT :). Anyway, just got
> back from SJT and Aliso (opened late morning). Ride report later, but all I
> can say is WOW and holy sh*t that SJT is trechorous!

lol ... you haven't seen slow till you've seen me!

You could've picked a better trail than SJT to ride :) It's definitely
a Socal favorite. Can't wait for your RR.
--
Slacker

Ride-A-Lot

> I didn't know you were from these parts and you probably wouldn't want to
> deal with my slow pace and chicken sh*t antics on SJT :). Anyway, just got
> back from SJT and Aliso (opened late morning). Ride report later, but all I
> can say is WOW and holy sh*t that SJT is trechorous!

San Juan is a kick, all right. A definite favorite of mine. YOu should
go to Michael Paul's site and watch the videos of that trail- they'll
help you relive it when you get back home. His site is at

> http://www.s92441708.onlinehome.us/index.htm

and the section on San Juan is at

> http://www.s92441708.onlinehome.us/San Juan Trail/sjt.htm

miles

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Ride-A-Lot
>

> > I didn't know you were from these parts and you probably wouldn't want

> > deal with my slow pace and chicken sh*t antics on SJT :). Anyway, just

got
> > back from SJT and Aliso (opened late morning). Ride report later, but

all I
> > can say is WOW and holy sh*t that SJT is trechorous!
> >

> San Juan is a kick, all right. A definite favorite of mine. YOu should
> go to Michael Paul's site and watch the videos of that trail- they'll
> help you relive it when you get back home. His site is at
>
> > http://www.s92441708.onlinehome.us/index.htm

> and the section on San Juan is at
>
> > http://www.s92441708.onlinehome.us/San Juan Trail/sjt.htm

> miles

I had watched some of Mountain Bike Bill's video. It didn't seem that bad,
but I was wrong. I guess if you get used to it, it would be easier. Having
never been on anything quite like it, it was terrifying. I think I will be
reliving it in my nightmares for quite a while. I shot some video too.
Check my ride report (posted today) and you'll read about my fears.

I think some of your freinds were in the parking lot. I heard your name
mentioned a few times.