NRR yet: AMB-Idaho '04 Update

Paladin

Guest
Howdy everybody. Jim, Carla and I are first to get back down off the
mountain. They say "Hi" and Idaho sure ain't New York!

We had 12 riders this year.

Much better chickage, too. *Great trail* for the Saturday epic. Stay
tuned for RR's and many pictures.

Thanks to Adam for the ski boat. Thanks to GMan for the gut-busting
tours up to Osprey Point. Thanks to Steve DaMachine for helping out.
Thanks to Louray (sp?) for finding water at the end of yesterday's 2nd
bonus death march.

Really wasn't too bad, all things considered... heheh

paladin
crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P
Undisputedly putting the mountains back into mountainbiking

On 1 Aug 2004 18:18:25 -0700, Paladin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Howdy everybody. Jim, Carla and I are first to get back down off the
> mountain. They say "Hi" and Idaho sure ain't New York!
>
> We had 12 riders this year.
>
> Much better chickage, too. *Great trail* for the Saturday epic. Stay
> tuned for RR's and many pictures.
>
> Thanks to Adam for the ski boat. Thanks to GMan for the gut-busting
> tours up to Osprey Point. Thanks to Steve DaMachine for helping out.
> Thanks to Louray (sp?) for finding water at the end of yesterday's 2nd
> bonus death march.
>
> Really wasn't too bad, all things considered... heheh
>
> paladin
> crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P
> Undisputedly putting the mountains back into mountainbiking

Yo yo CDB...what an awesome time! As always first on the
draw for the post.

I just finished typing up some instructions for the
compilation...look forward to seeing everyones shots.
'specially my pinch-flat...everyone will want to stay tuned
for that piece of video.

Then...after this post...to the hot tube...NO JOKE...I'm
BEAT!

I don't know if I'm thanking Adam for that wake board run.
Just what you need before a coupla big rides...let's go drag
u behind the boat for a warm-up! =)

It's all good tho...the trail was pheonmenal, company was
superb, and the chow was KILLER. Gimme them big breakfasts
all the time baby.

Not to mention the cliffs this am...missed that last year.
Tell the Freak that Lorae and I both dropped the 30-footer,
after contemplating it a while that is! Should be a decent
shot of her jumping off the 30 and me the 15 at the same
time.

Anywho...more later...tubbin' time...and yes, the Heineken
that I iced down before I left...still in the cooler. NICE!

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:18:25 -0700, Paladin wrote:
> paladin
> crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P

But of course! Once again, you put together a fabulous party, Paladin.
:)

I'm just going to throw out some Memorable Quotes before I, too, go hit my
hot tub:

"He *almost* died."

"Go left, it's not as deep there."

"Nah, there's no mud in this one, Gab."

"Hey, watch this!"

And of course (say it with me):

"IT'S ALL DOWNHILL!!!"

gabrielle

gabrielle wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:18:25 -0700, Paladin wrote:
>> paladin
>> crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P

> But of course! Once again, you put together a fabulous party, Paladin.
> :)

hmm. how to add to all this.

What they said. ;-)

Penny

gabrielle wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:18:25 -0700, Paladin wrote:
>> paladin
>> crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P

> But of course! Once again, you put together a fabulous party, Paladin.
> :)
>
> I'm just going to throw out some Memorable Quotes before I, too, go

"Hey, watch this!"

oh, yeah, that was a good one. You had to be there. ;0

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Howdy everybody. Jim, Carla and I are first to get back down off the
> mountain. They say "Hi" and Idaho sure ain't New York!
>
> We had 12 riders this year.
>
> Much better chickage, too. *Great trail* for the Saturday epic. Stay
> tuned for RR's and many pictures.
>
> Thanks to Adam for the ski boat. Thanks to GMan for the gut-busting
> tours up to Osprey Point. Thanks to Steve DaMachine for helping out.
> Thanks to Louray (sp?) for finding water at the end of yesterday's 2nd
> bonus death march..

Like I'm receiving an Oscar, here's some more:

thanks to Penny for her always chipper attitude & sheepdogging this motley
crew (and taking the first biff! -- I was second); thanks to Gab for
sharing great food, helping on sweep, and helping with breakfast, GMan for
good fun & dead animal to cook, Jim & Carla for being brave enough to
travel cross country to live with yayhoos they'd never met & ride trails
they'd never heard of, Gab's hubby for all the shuttle help and water
relief, Jim P for pitching in like a good neighbor, Alex T for bringing a
huge bag of expensive energy & power bars and showing us how you can make
progress on a trail if you don't stop to goof around every 10 minutes, Tyler
for showing us how to huck off big rocks in style, (no thank you) & thanks
again to Lorae for posing for our new calendar (the girls of AMB?) running
sweep (for me, trailing behind Steve & GMan) on the final death march that 4
of us took as a 2nd "bonus" to the end of the day.

I'll post some pictures later this week.

paladin
he reigns

Paladin wrote:
> thanks to Penny for her always chipper attitude & sheepdogging this motley
> crew (and taking the first biff! -- I was second); thanks to Gab for

Where be the bloody pics?

> sharing great food, helping on sweep, and helping with breakfast, GMan for
> good fun & dead animal to cook, Jim & Carla for being brave enough to
> travel cross country to live with yayhoos they'd never met & ride trails
> they'd never heard of, Gab's hubby for all the shuttle help and water

Shuttle? Shuttle!?!?

> relief, Jim P for pitching in like a good neighbor, Alex T for bringing a
> huge bag of expensive energy & power bars and showing us how you can make
> progress on a trail if you don't stop to goof around every 10 minutes, Tyler
> for showing us how to huck off big rocks in style, (no thank you) & thanks
> again to Lorae for posing for our new calendar (the girls of AMB?) running

Calendar? With Chickage?

> I'll post some pictures later this week.

You bet your ass you will.

justen at cable one dot net

[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Howdy everybody. Jim, Carla and I are first to get back down off the
> mountain. They say "Hi" and Idaho sure ain't New York!
>
> We had 12 riders this year.
>
> Much better chickage, too. *Great trail* for the Saturday epic. Stay
> tuned for RR's and many pictures.
>
> Thanks to Adam for the ski boat. Thanks to GMan for the gut-busting
> tours up to Osprey Point. Thanks to Steve DaMachine for helping out.
> Thanks to Louray (sp?) for finding water at the end of yesterday's 2nd
> bonus death march.
>
> Really wasn't too bad, all things considered... heheh
>
> paladin
> crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P
> Undisputedly putting the mountains back into mountainbiking

I'm sorry to have missed it this year. There's always next year though...

JD

"justen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Paladin wrote:
> > thanks to Penny for her always chipper attitude & sheepdogging this

motley
> > crew (and taking the first biff! -- I was second); thanks to Gab for

> Where be the bloody pics?
>
> > sharing great food, helping on sweep, and helping with breakfast, GMan

for
> > good fun & dead animal to cook, Jim & Carla for being brave enough to
> > travel cross country to live with yayhoos they'd never met & ride trails
> > they'd never heard of, Gab's hubby for all the shuttle help and water

> Shuttle? Shuttle!?!?

yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know. But this was a huge arc over a mountain
that is not done well as a loop. Too much gay roadie action in between if
you were to do it all by bike. You probably know this route, but it starts
near Lick Creek Summit, climbs about 3 miles past Duck Lake, then another
lake, then it's rock and roll, baby, out 20-Mile Creek trail. Puts us out
on Warren Wagon Road.

The mileage varied from about 20+ to 30+ (depending on whether you took the
last optional, bonus gut-buster--a fairly gentle climb for most of 10 miles
in the sun back to the cabin).

I took my trusty waterproof Pentax <film> camera, so it takes a couple days
to get that put onto a CD. Gotta look for a digital with similar
indestructability.

paladin

> Calendar? With Chickage?

I'd better check the fine print on the application to see what kind of
license we have to republish those photos. You'll just have to come next
year.

paladin

Paladin wrote:
> "justen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Paladin wrote:
>>> thanks to Penny for her always chipper attitude & sheepdogging this
>>> motley crew (and taking the first biff! -- I was second); thanks
>>> to Gab for

>> Where be the bloody pics?
>>
>>> sharing great food, helping on sweep, and helping with breakfast,
>>> GMan for good fun & dead animal to cook, Jim & Carla for being
>>> brave enough to travel cross country to live with yayhoos they'd
>>> never met & ride trails they'd never heard of, Gab's hubby for all
>>> the shuttle help and water

>> Shuttle? Shuttle!?!?

> yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know. But this was a huge arc over a
> mountain that is not done well as a loop. Too much gay roadie action
> in between if you were to do it all by bike. You probably know this
> route, but it starts near Lick Creek Summit, climbs about 3 miles
> past Duck Lake, then another lake, then it's rock and roll, baby, out
> 20-Mile Creek trail. Puts us out on Warren Wagon Road.
>
> The mileage varied from about 20+ to 30+ (depending on whether you
> took the last optional, bonus gut-buster--a fairly gentle climb for
> most of 10 miles in the sun back to the cabin).

"downhill all the way..."

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:25:13 -0700, gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:18:25 -0700, Paladin wrote:
>> paladin
>> crowned "the King" just this morning. No kidding. ;~P

> But of course! Once again, you put together a fabulous party, Paladin.
>:)
>
> I'm just going to throw out some Memorable Quotes before I, too, go hit my
> hot tub:
>
> "He *almost* died."
>
> "Go left, it's not as deep there."
>
> "Nah, there's no mud in this one, Gab."
>
> "Hey, watch this!"
>
> And of course (say it with me):
>
> "IT'S ALL DOWNHILL!!!"
>
> gabrielle

"Did I mention that my Brooks saddle is not supposed to get wet?"

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:32:21 -0600, Paladin <[email protected]> wrote:

> "justen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Paladin wrote:
>> > thanks to Penny for her always chipper attitude & sheepdogging this

> motley
>> > crew (and taking the first biff! -- I was second); thanks to Gab for

>> Where be the bloody pics?
>>
>> > sharing great food, helping on sweep, and helping with breakfast, GMan

> for
>> > good fun & dead animal to cook, Jim & Carla for being brave enough to
>> > travel cross country to live with yayhoos they'd never met & ride trails
>> > they'd never heard of, Gab's hubby for all the shuttle help and water

>> Shuttle? Shuttle!?!?

> yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know. But this was a huge arc over a mountain
> that is not done well as a loop.

U can say that again. It took an hour to *drive* up to the
Like Creek Summit.