NSV of sorts

Ray Miller

Guest
I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts of
overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.

That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
important !

Strange NSV

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

That's a great NSV, Ray!! Exercising as a stress reliever!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

ray miller wrote:
> I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
> of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
> at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
> an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
> That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
> believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
> important !
>
> Strange NSV
>
> Ray

Aren't you the guy who, not too long ago, used to wash his car as his weekly (and only) exercise?
Talk about a life change!!!

I know what you mean about thinking it "strange"? After all, just who is that person for whom
exercise is more important than work?

Prairie Roots

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:54:27 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
>of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
>13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
>hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
>That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
>believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
>important !
>
>Strange NSV
>
>Ray

Congratulations! That is a great NSV, Ray, and one of the best ways to handle stress. I wish I could
learn that lesson myself ;-( Elaine K

ray miller wrote:

>I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
>of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
>13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
>hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
>That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
>believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
>important !
>
>Strange NSV
>
>Ray

I am one of those people who hate exercise and I guess you could say I am
realatively lazy.
However, I have joined jazzercise and paid up through April. The classes
are perfect for me. One hour long and not so hard that I am spent for the
rest of the day. I woke up today and had every reason to stay in bed. i.e.
too cold out, up late last night, hubby was home etc., but I didn't take
the bait. I got up, put my work out clothes on and before I knew it I was
almost finished with the class. I am not to the place where you are with
exercise being top priority but you provide the motivation to get me there.
Keep up the great work Ray and congrats on the weight loss so far. You are
amazing.
Bird
need to lose 45#
"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
> of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
> at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
> an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
> That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
> believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
> important !
>
> Strange NSV
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

Wow, amazing NSV, Ray!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
> of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
> at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
> an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
> That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
> believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
> important !
>
> Strange NSV
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:54:27 GMT, ray miller
<[email protected]> wrote:

You know you're getting it when exercise becomes important. I'm so glad you took time for yourself.
Sometimes it's just the thing to make things smooth out and not look so serious. Keep it up!

Lynne

>I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
>of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
>13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
>hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
>That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
>believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
>important !
>
>Strange NSV
>
>Ray

Sorry to hear about the stress at work. Going to the gym may be just the answer in helping you deal
with it . I'm not sure where you work but there should be some sort of laws/policy that can restrict
the amount of hours you work without a break. Glad to hear that you realised that you'd had enough
and for your own health you went to the gym to work some of the stress off. This is what causes high
blood pressure and heart attacks. If it continues for much longer maybe a note from your doctor
restricting your hours would be helpful (as long as it does not cost you your job).

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
> of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
> at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
> an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
> That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
> believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
> important !
>
> Strange NSV
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

glad it worked for you, and keep it up, seems like an employer would like
the fact that you are fresher the next day, bet you solve the problem soon,
Lee
ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
> of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
> at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
> an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
>
> That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
> believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
> important !
>
> Strange NSV
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

That is a GREAT NSV, Ray... really. I'm very happy for you that you decided to leave work in order
to work out. Incredible!

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172