NSV

Miss Violette

Guest
OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always promise too much cost too much
and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom
is an EMT and I went by her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart
rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some
days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the
state for the umpteenth time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

One NSV? Lemme see, I count 3 sets of numbers that each sound great. Good for you. That your numbers
were so good after what sounds like an aggravating visit to the doctor is even more impressive. I'm
so pleased for you.

Miss Violette wrote:
> OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always promise too much cost too much
> and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom
> is an EMT and I went by her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart
> rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some
> days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the
> state for the umpteenth time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Your BP and heart rate are good, I bet that this is quite an improvement over before? Congrats!!

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

heart rate has always been in the general vicinity, until about five years
ago my BP was low even with the weight, I had a "stress event" that made it
shoot up very high and am now glad it is back to normal, Lee
Connie <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message
> Miss Violette wrote:
> > OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
promise
> > too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something
> > needs sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
by
> > her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
> > sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
> > fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
umpteenth
> > time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee
> >

> Your BP and heart rate are good, I bet that this is quite an improvement over before? Congrats!!
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

That is what made me think it was so cool, I hate doctors, and the only
thing I hate worse are bureaucrats and politicians that make me spend money
so they can say they are doing something, you know, blind is blind, I ask
the heifer at the secretary of state to give me the name of the doctor who
could cure me and I would be happy to go, she did NOT find it humorous at
all, Lee, still happy
Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One NSV? Lemme see, I count 3 sets of numbers that each sound great. Good for you. That your
> numbers were so good after what sounds like an aggravating visit to the doctor is even more
> impressive. I'm so pleased for you.
>
> Prairie Roots On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
promise
> >too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs
> >sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
by
> >her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
> >sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
> >fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
umpteenth
> >time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Cool NSV's, Lee!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always promise too much cost too much
> and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom
> is an EMT and I went by her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart
> rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some
> days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the
> state for the umpteenth time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Thanks, Lee
Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cool NSV's, Lee!
> --
> Nathalie from Belgium
> 134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> 295.6/223.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
> 232/223.5/212 lbs "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
promise
> > too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something
> > needs sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
by
> > her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
> > sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
> > fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
umpteenth
> > time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

ROFL! Ya know Lee, I was thinking the same thing but was afraid it would be rude to voice my
opinion. Why do you have to recertify your blindness status every year ... just a redundant
question, doesn't require an answer. I suppose there are always miracles out there, but c'mon ...
common sense would tell ya that if you have had this medical issue for several years it more than
likely isn't going to change the next year. I've yet to find any government worker with a sense of
humor. They must have more bad days at the office than good ones. <sigh> I remember going rounds
with a woman at the social security office, just to get my mothers address changed. 60 minutes in
the office and getting nowhere, I went home mad as a hornet. Placed a phone call and had the address
changed 5 minutes later ... by a higher official. <g>

Joyce

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:29:13 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That is what made me think it was so cool, I hate doctors, and the only thing I hate worse are
>bureaucrats and politicians that make me spend money so they can say they are doing something, you
>know, blind is blind, I ask the heifer at the secretary of state to give me the name of the doctor
>who could cure me and I would be happy to go, she did NOT find it humorous at all, Lee, still happy
>Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> One NSV? Lemme see, I count 3 sets of numbers that each sound great. Good for you. That your
>> numbers were so good after what sounds like an aggravating visit to the doctor is even more
>> impressive. I'm so pleased for you.
>>
>> Prairie Roots On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
>promise
>> >too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something
>> >needs sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
>by
>> >her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
>> >sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
>> >fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
>umpteenth
>> >time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

WooHoo Lee, those are some great NSV's!!!

Joyce

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always promise too much cost too much
>and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom
>is an EMT and I went by her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart
>rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some
>days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the
>state for the umpteenth time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Thanks, I almost impressed myself, and I am hard to impress, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> WooHoo Lee, those are some great NSV's!!!
>
> Joyce
>
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
promise
> >too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs
> >sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
by
> >her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
> >sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
> >fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
umpteenth
> >time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

I have a special rare form of glaucoma, Its just not getting better,
although, I was able to stave off the inevitable for a bunch of years, it
took 19 surgeries and a bunch of money but now it is done, lets move on...
So I bought a car a few years back, DH made me get the loan, plates, and all
that because he thought I should know how to do all of that, He also had me
put it in my name since I was getting the loan all on my own... I had a
handicapped parking placard at the time as it worked out really nice for
sopping, when I came out of the store the dog could see the car, and I only
would have to cross one lane of traffic at most. When I bought the car I
got the disabled plates and certified for them and let the placard go as I
truly do not like anyone but DH to drive me anywhere, if we were taking his
car we were eating out so did not need the card. Now, in their infinite
wisdom, Our state has decided that disabled plates/placards are being
abused. In order to stop the abuse they reworked the law and everyone with
a card or plates MUST re-certify, I was confused last year when they sent me
the paperwork for the card as I haven't had it since '92... So I go into the
office and she says that the assembly has based it all on the card, everyone
has to do it and I get a card whether I want one or not... so much for
saving money for the state, and the people on disability will be making
money for doctors who will bill Medicare/Medicaid and insurance companies if
they can afford insurance. I actually went to my mother's doctor, in MO so
I could at least not give the money out here, He signed it for me and didn't
charge, I was happy about that. I only like I said go when I am sure I will
not get better so this means urgent care or the like, here in Springfield,
that is $65.00 to walk in the door and then extras are way extra, the shot I
get for a migraine is an additional $75.00 I get it when I need it but I am
also careful to do the things that generally avoid the headache in the first
place. Sorry I rambled on but this whole thing makes me crazy from the
redoing of placards that will cost the state to the idea that if they would
just make it a $1000.00 fine and a hundred hours of community service they
would not have abuse problems. Lee, done ranting now
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ROFL! Ya know Lee, I was thinking the same thing but was afraid it would
be rude
> to voice my opinion. Why do you have to recertify your blindness status
every
> year ... just a redundant question, doesn't require an answer. I suppose
there
> are always miracles out there, but c'mon ... common sense would tell ya
that if
> you have had this medical issue for several years it more than likely
isn't going
> to change the next year. I've yet to find any government worker with a
sense of
> humor. They must have more bad days at the office than good ones. <sigh>
> remember going rounds with a woman at the social security office, just to
get my
> mothers address changed. 60 minutes in the office and getting nowhere, I
went
> home mad as a hornet. Placed a phone call and had the address changed 5
minutes
> later ... by a higher official. <g>
>
> Joyce
>
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:29:13 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >That is what made me think it was so cool, I hate doctors, and the only thing I hate worse are
> >bureaucrats and politicians that make me spend
money
> >so they can say they are doing something, you know, blind is blind, I ask the heifer at the
> >secretary of state to give me the name of the doctor
who
> >could cure me and I would be happy to go, she did NOT find it humorous at all, Lee, still happy
> >Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> One NSV? Lemme see, I count 3 sets of numbers that each sound great. Good for you. That your
> >> numbers were so good after what sounds like an aggravating visit to the doctor is even more
> >> impressive. I'm so pleased for you.
> >>
> >> Prairie Roots On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]>

> >promise
> >by
> >umpteenth

Lee: I live in Pa. and am on disability and just received my handicap
placard which is good till 3/09. Thing is most places don't have enough
handicap spaces and are always full. I seldem use it as my husband drops me
off near the entrance. I agree with you totally.
Great NSVs
Betty
"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks, I almost impressed myself, and I am hard to impress, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > WooHoo Lee, those are some great NSV's!!!
> >
> > Joyce
> >
> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
> promise
> > >too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to
go
> > >only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
> by
> > >her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting
heart
> > >rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on
its
> > >own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to
> > >sign papers to prove to the state for the
> umpteenth
> > >time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

supposedly the reason we had to do this was because they changed the law to
cut down on abuse. I see in our radio news MO is doing it also. I don't
have a problem with fixing the problem just not at the expense of people who
can little afford it, I could spend that money on their doctor but I
shouldn't have to, Lee
betty boop <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lee: I live in Pa. and am on disability and just received my handicap placard which is good till
> 3/09. Thing is most places don't have enough handicap spaces and are always full. I seldem use it
> as my husband drops
me
> off near the entrance. I agree with you totally. Great NSVs Betty "Miss Violette"
> > Thanks, I almost impressed myself, and I am hard to impress, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > > WooHoo Lee, those are some great NSV's!!!
> > >
> > > Joyce
> > >
> > > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> > <[email protected]>

> > promise
> go
> > by
> heart
> its
> > umpteenth
Lee

awesome Lee!
Congratulations :)

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always promise too much cost too much
> and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom
> is an EMT and I went by her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart
> rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some
> days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the
> state for the umpteenth time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Thank you so much, lee
skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> awesome Lee! Congratulations :)
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
promise
> > too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something
> > needs sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
by
> > her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
> > sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
> > fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
umpteenth
> > time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Hi, Lee, It sounds like a great day to me!
--
Take Care Catherine
154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always promise too much cost too much
> and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something needs sewing or worse. My mom
> is an EMT and I went by her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart
> rate was 75, and my ox sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some
> days, and I had in fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the
> state for the umpteenth time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

Ahhhh, come to my neck of the woods ... land of plenty handicap parking spots, and most sit empty
yet you can't find a non-handicapped spot to place your car. Many stores even have special marked
spots for pregnant women. Now we have to watch out for those that opt to just pull their car over to
the side and turn it off ... no other option other than finding somewhere else to shop.

Joyce

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:41:03 GMT, "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Lee: I live in Pa. and am on disability and just received my handicap placard which is good till
>3/09. Thing is most places don't have enough handicap spaces and are always full. I seldem use it
>as my husband drops me off near the entrance. I agree with you totally. Great NSVs Betty "Miss
>Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>berlin.de...
>> Thanks, I almost impressed myself, and I am hard to impress, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]...
>> > WooHoo Lee, those are some great NSV's!!!
>> >
>> > Joyce
>> >
>> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:11:33 -0600, "Miss Violette"
>> <[email protected]>

>> promise
>go
>> by
>heart
>its
>> umpteenth

Our state is NOT known for it's intelligence. <G> Yes, placards are being abused, yes it is a
problem. But requiring them to be renewed yearly does not solve the problem. Doctors just sign the
forms, no big deal, no questions asked. My mother in law has had one for years and years, back from
when she had a knee injury. Granted, she is 80 years old, but she gets along just fine and dandy.
Walks outside every day, around the neighborhood. Babysits for the great grandchildren. No major
vision problems. She still gets that placard, figures she is entitled to it because of her age.

I had a placard a few years ago, because of the massive panic attacks and **** I was going through.
If I was away from my home, I had major difficulties moving - yet the doctor wanted me to try and
get out each day. He did not want me walking through icy parking lots for great distances. So sonny
boy would use the placard IF it was the only space within reasonable distance to an entrance. One
day after a brutal snowfall, stores were plowed and sonny boy took me out. We had a jeep at the
time. There was one handicapped parking spot that literally was only 1/4 of a space, due to the
plowboys dumping all the snow there - so he took it, figuring that no one else would ever be able
to use it. Do you know that when we came back out of the store, someone left a lovely note on the
windshield, totally berating me, telling me how horrible of a person I was because I obviously
could walk so did not need that parking space that I *stole* from someone who did need it. I wish
they had been brave enough to confront me to my face - I would have loved to watch them get their
car stuck in the drift. I also would have loved to tell them that not all handicaps are visually
detectable and maybe they should pull their head out of their butt before they speak (or write). I
don't like cowards.

Joyce

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:02:26 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>went
>> home mad as a hornet. Placed a phone call and had the address changed 5
>minutes
>> later ... by a higher official. <g>
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:29:13 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >That is what made me think it was so cool, I hate doctors, and the only thing I hate worse are
>> >bureaucrats and politicians that make me spend
>money
>> >so they can say they are doing something, you know, blind is blind, I ask the heifer at the
>> >secretary of state to give me the name of the doctor
>who
>> >could cure me and I would be happy to go, she did NOT find it humorous at all, Lee, still happy
>> >Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message

It was a great day, Lee
Catherine White <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:pL3%[email protected]...
> Hi, Lee, It sounds like a great day to me!
> --
> Take Care Catherine
> 154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
>

> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > OK so I hate doctors, nothing personal just in my life they always
promise
> > too much cost too much and deliver too little. As a result I have to go only when something
> > needs sewing or worse. My mom is an EMT and I went
by
> > her work the other day... She took my BP it was 120/80, My resting heart rate was 75, and my ox
> > sat rate was 99 percent. This is good all on its own, but I smoke alot some days, and I had in
> > fact just left a doctor's office where he had to sign papers to prove to the state for the
umpteenth
> > time I am blind, permanently, again, I figure that was a good day, Lee

OH NO!!! They SWEAR this is the last time I am to prove that I am blind, ERR
yeah right,, Lee, I have had people come up to me while I am getting out of
the car and bad mouth me. DH says they **** when I pick up my cane or when
I used to call the dog out of the car. Like I said, it should be more
severe on the ticket end. I do get crazed about the whole thing, Lee