Hi Moutain Bike People,
My name is Jon Jenkins and I am an indpendent NSW MP. The people I represent are those who use public land for recreation. People such as fishermen, horse riders, campers etc. The other day I met with a group of cyclists from Port Macquarie who have been banned from one of their favourite rides in the local National Park. After some research I discovered that cyclists are one of the unheard group of people who use National Parks and also one of the groups on the "hit list".
As many of you will know there has been some major changes to Koz NP which will see cyclists excluded from much of the park. This is a "test case" to see how far they can go. Further the sale of State Forests in NSW has almost been completed and the privatisation of the land may also impact on where you can ride.
If I can help in any way please contact me [email hidden].
And yes I do ride: I have a custom made chrome molly made by Blackwells (has to be strong as I am 105kg!) which is currently being repaired after I broke a crank!