NSW Opposition spokesman on road safety, *WHAT*!?

TimC

Guest
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/law-hands-cyclists-pole-position/2008/06/21/1214009167355.html

"While we need to be mindful of safety for cyclists, these bicycle
zones at lights are dangerous," Mr Fraser said.

"You are inviting all cyclists to wait in the middle of the road
rather than on the side of the road where drivers expect them to
be. It is putting them directly into the path of traffic."

You mean the opposition spokesman for road safety has no idea about
road safety? Let's hope they remain in the opposition for the
foreseeable future.

Mind you, the opposition don't have a monopoly on WTF moments
regarding the complete lack of common sense:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/06/21/1214009162186.html

--
TimC
Ah, so many of life's little problems can be solved by head

TimC <[email protected]> writes:

> http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/law-hands-cyclists-pole-position/2008/06/21/1214009167355.html
>
> "While we need to be mindful of safety for cyclists, these bicycle
> zones at lights are dangerous," Mr Fraser said.

I'd always wondered what those boxes were for, after seeing so many
motorists in Melbourne parking over a picture of a bicycle at the red
lights I thought they were specially provided aggression relief spots
that let motorists pretend to run over cyclists without actually doing
it.

My favourite "forward bicycle box" moment http://ajft.org/2002/05/30/

> "You are inviting all cyclists to wait in the middle of the road
> rather than on the side of the road where drivers expect them to
> be. It is putting them directly into the path of traffic."

> You mean the opposition spokesman for road safety has no idea about
> road safety? Let's hope they remain in the opposition for the
> foreseeable future.

> Mind you, the opposition don't have a monopoly on WTF moments
> regarding the complete lack of common sense:
> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/06/21/1214009162186.html

> TimC

Adrian