Nufc Against Cancer - Road Bike Advice

NufcKev

Nov 20, 2012
Hi All,

As you may or may not have gathered I am a Newcastle United fan (for my sins). Now I'm coming here for some much needed advice and help. Myself and a good friend of mine have accepted a challenege to cycle to every NUFC premier league away game next season in aid of three cancer charities. We have both lost loved ones from the dreaded disease and are hoping we can help make a difference!

What I'm looking for is the kind of bike that will be good enough for such long distance cycling. We will be looking to do around 100-150 miles per day whilst travelling to the away games. At this minute in time we will not be doing it with a support team so will need to carry things with us.

We have probably around £2,000 to spend on the bikes after we have done our fundraising. All the help you can give a novice like myself on this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Kevin

P.S Also, what are the best websites for cheap cycling wear etc etc etc.

And, last thing, any decent cycle websites where I can look into planning routes or do you think google map would be best?

Much appreciated!

NufcKev said:
P.S Also, what are the best websites for cheap cycling wear etc etc etc. And, last thing, any decent cycle websites where I can look into planning routes or do you think google map would be best? Much appreciated!
mapmyride and/or google earth