Numb, heavy feet

Simon Lee

Guest
Been running off and on for 20 years, since the summer I have picked up more seriously but now find
soon after setting out my feet and lower legs feel heavy, numb, sort of tingling.

I can run for 7 to 10 miles at the weekend, heart OK but the feet problem make it a real drag.
Anyone have any ideas ?

Got a decent pair of running shoes but had them for 5/6 years - run a mixture of lanes and tracks.

Help !

Cheers, Simon UK

"Simon Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Been running off and on for 20 years, since the summer I have picked up
more
> seriously but now find soon after setting out my feet and lower legs feel heavy, numb, sort of
> tingling.
>
> I can run for 7 to 10 miles at the weekend, heart OK but the feet problem make it a real drag.
> Anyone have any ideas ?
>
> Got a decent pair of running shoes but had them for 5/6 years - run a mixture of lanes and tracks.

You've been using the SAME PAIR of shoes for 5-6 years?!? That's crazy! GET RID OF THEM NOW. Get to
a decent running store and get some new shoes. NOW. Not only are they worn out, but your running
mechanics have probably changed over the years, so they may not be appropriate to your running
style now.

Shoes should last a max. of 400-600 miles at the most, depending on your weight and running style. I
say you should err on the side of caution and toss them after 400 miles or after 12 months MAX,
whichever comes first. Even if you don't run in them, the foam or cushioning will harden with
exposure to the air.

Well, you can keep them around to mow the lawn or wash the car or whatever, but *not* to run in.

My word. No wonder your feet and legs are numb!