Numb Toe

Onemarathon

Guest
Hey, I'm experiencing some numbness on the front inner (arch) side of the big toe on one foot. I've
never had this happen before and though at first I suspected an oncoming blister, that was not the
case. For the first day or two of this, I would occasionally feel a sharp pinprick sensation in the
toe, but that no longer happens. No real discomfort now, just an odd, slightly numb feeling.

FYI, I don't believe this is running (which I do) related, because this happened in the middle of a
week away from running (or workouts of any kind), due to a very busy schedule. What I WAS doing was
moving house, lifting and carrying a lot of boxes and furniture. I was wearing what I thought were
my most durable and supportive shoes, my leather Doc Marten casuals, along with the orthotics that I
normally wear.

The only thing I can think of is that my foot may have been slipping a little in the shoe and the
toe was striking or rubbing the inside of the toe box. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Cam

--
Not every race can be a perfect experience, but every race can be a learning experience.

--
Not every race can be a perfect experience, but every race can be a learning experience.

You could have referred pain from late pronation. Which affects the 1st toe. Conventional orthotics
do not address this problem, Try contacting www.biocorrect.com They work with runners biomechanical
problems. Good luck, Cheers, AD

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Ironrosa) wrote:

> You could have referred pain from late pronation. Which affects the 1st toe. Conventional
> orthotics do not address this problem, Try contacting www.biocorrect.com They work with runners
> biomechanical problems. Good luck, Cheers, AD

interesting. i do wear custom orthotics... by conventional, do you mean straight off the shelf in a
store? i wear the orthotics for moderate overpronation.

thanks for the thoughts,

Cam

--
Not every race can be a perfect experience, but every race can be a learning experience.