numb toes? bad shoes?

zotma

Nov 21, 2003
I've been outta the saddle for a while
thankfully on the road again
but....

when I ride for longer than 40 minutes, my toes get numb (not because of the cold, it's warm out here).
the numbness doesn't go away until I'm done riding once it sets in.
my shoes are cheap Forte's (can't afford better at the moment) but they seem to fit fine.

anyone have an idea of what's the cause and what to do?

had the same problem on my right foot. turned out my cleat was too far forward on that side. i moved it down a millimeter and the problem went away. don't know if that'll help you...

Originally posted by brightgarden
had the same problem on my right foot. turned out my cleat was too far forward on that side. i moved it down a millimeter and the problem went away. don't know if that'll help you...

yeah, it turns out it's more on my right than on my left foot
though my big toe on the left dozes off at some point too.

I didn't recall this happening before (on my old ride) so it's got to be something like messing with the placement of the new cleat set-up then eh?
thanks

i've had the same problem with a pair of nikes... feels like my toes on my left foot are crowded and then they start to go numb. i've tried moving my cleat around to get different positions, but no difference.

could it be they're too narrow? i don't know about you, but these are my first pair of cycling shoes, so i don't know if this is a problem with my foot or the shoes. i don't have any problems like this with any other shoes.

wish i had a solution. any ideas out there?