Number of bents sold per year

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Robert Haston, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Does anyone know where I can find bents sales data?

    Particularly US sales or imports.

    --
    Robert Haston
    Satellite Beach, FL

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:22:53 +0000, Robert Haston wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I can find bents sales data?

    One of the major european mfrs once told me that he sold about 700 a year
    overall.

    > Particularly US sales or imports.

    No idea.

    AC

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Robert Haston wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I can find bents sales data?
    >
    > Particularly US sales or imports.

    There is no regular tracking or US recumbent sales, so any number is an
    estimate. Maybe Bob Bryant will comment, as he is likely to have better
    information than most people have.

    --
    Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

  4. Bob Bryant

    Bob Bryant Guest

    I don't know of any organization that does an official tracking of
    recumbent sales. The market is fairly small (< 1% of bicycles sold).
    We do an educated guestimate each year. In RCN 081, our 2004 buyers'
    guide, we listed recumbent sales for North America as 10,000-15,000
    units for 2003 (not including easy bikes (Giant Revive), beach rentals
    or flat foot cruisers). This number is lower than previous years, but
    I feel it is more accurate reflecting the loss of BikeE and Vision
    (major manufacturers).
    Bob Bryant
    http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com