number1bikebits AKA David Hinde

POHB

Guest
It seems I've just run foul of the notorious David Hinde AKA number1bikebits
on ebay.

I ordered some bits from them 5 weeks ago. After numerous phone calls and 3
alleged delivery dates I give up in disgust. Waited in today for an
"express delivery", when I called the courier company that was supposedly
being used they had no record of any delivery to my address.

So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages with
similar complaints.
Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

POHB wrote:

> It seems I've just run foul of the notorious David Hinde AKA
> number1bikebits on ebay.
>
> I ordered some bits from them 5 weeks ago. After numerous phone
> calls and 3 alleged delivery dates I give up in disgust. Waited in
> today for an "express delivery", when I called the courier company
> that was supposedly being used they had no record of any delivery to
> my address.
>
> So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages
> with similar complaints. Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

Bought a couple of things back in 2005, arrived quickly but rather
expensive postage to Holland puts me off buying anything else.

--
Mike
Van Tuyl titanium Dura ace 10

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:17:14 +0100, POHB wrote
(in article <[email protected]>):

> It seems I've just run foul of the notorious David Hinde AKA number1bikebits
> on ebay.
>
> I ordered some bits from them 5 weeks ago. After numerous phone calls and 3
> alleged delivery dates I give up in disgust. Waited in today for an
> "express delivery", when I called the courier company that was supposedly
> being used they had no record of any delivery to my address.
>
> So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages with
> similar complaints.
> Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

I have, literally hours ago, received a new set of Ultegra wheels from the
same. They arrived 2 days after the auction closed, which I was pretty
pleased with.

Someone left an empty crisp packet in the box, but apart from that, service
was spot-on.

--
simonk

"simonk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:17:14 +0100, POHB wrote
> (in article <[email protected]>):
>
>> It seems I've just run foul of the notorious David Hinde AKA
>> number1bikebits
>> on ebay.
>>
>> I ordered some bits from them 5 weeks ago. After numerous phone calls
>> and 3
>> alleged delivery dates I give up in disgust. Waited in today for an
>> "express delivery", when I called the courier company that was supposedly
>> being used they had no record of any delivery to my address.
>>
>> So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages
>> with
>> similar complaints.
>> Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

> I have, literally hours ago, received a new set of Ultegra wheels from the
> same. They arrived 2 days after the auction closed, which I was pretty
> pleased with.

They're one of those companies where the majority of customers get perfectly
good service (it's not difficult to ship boxes quickly), but a few are left
out of pocket and receive extreme rudeness when the company makes a mistake.

I will never use Number1bikebits after reading several very serious
complaints about them. Nor will I use Ribble again after they treated me in
the same way. You will never get this treatment from Wiggle, Chain
Reaction, Parker Interntional, Dotbike and many others.

~PB

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:50:02 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote
(in article <[email protected]>):

> "simonk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:17:14 +0100, POHB wrote
>> (in article <[email protected]>):
>>
>>> It seems I've just run foul of the notorious David Hinde AKA
>>> number1bikebits
>>> on ebay.
>>>
>>> I ordered some bits from them 5 weeks ago. After numerous phone calls
>>> and 3
>>> alleged delivery dates I give up in disgust. Waited in today for an
>>> "express delivery", when I called the courier company that was supposedly
>>> being used they had no record of any delivery to my address.
>>>
>>> So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages
>>> with
>>> similar complaints.
>>> Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

>> I have, literally hours ago, received a new set of Ultegra wheels from the
>> same. They arrived 2 days after the auction closed, which I was pretty
>> pleased with.

> They're one of those companies where the majority of customers get perfectly
> good service (it's not difficult to ship boxes quickly), but a few are left
> out of pocket and receive extreme rudeness when the company makes a mistake.

Having done a bit of googleing, it looks like I've been lucky (phew!)

> I will never use Number1bikebits after reading several very serious
> complaints about them. Nor will I use Ribble again after they treated me in
> the same way.

I bought a bike from Ribble a few years ago - again, no problems, but was
horrified to read some of their customer service stories afterwards, and
relieved when everything worked out OK.

I really should do this googling lark before ordering ...

> You will never get this treatment from Wiggle, Chain
> Reaction, Parker Interntional, Dotbike and many others.

I'm a huge fan of Wiggle, they're utterly reliable IME. I've had good
experiences with Planet-X too, while they're not as slick as the big mail
order operations, they do a great job of managing expectations when things
don't go smoothly.

--
simonk

Pete Biggs wrote:

> They're one of those companies where the majority of customers get perfectly
> good service (it's not difficult to ship boxes quickly), but a few are left
> out of pocket and receive extreme rudeness when the company makes a mistake.

Whenever I purchase something from ebay, I always look to
see what the percentage of negative feed back is, and if I
am spending more than a few pounds, I look through to see
what the negative comments say. e.g.

customer:
Wrong colour. Not boxed as promised. Should have
communicated if out of stock

number1bikes reply:
Not good, not good at all. Very unpleasent experience all
round. One to avoid

Most other feedback they have sent seems to say stuff like:
CON MAN + LIAR - RECIEVES GOODS + ATTEMPTS FRAUDULENT
CLAIMS FOR CASH - BEWARE

It is also strange that the OPs negative feedback on ebay
has been removed.

> I will never use Number1bikebits after reading several very serious
> complaints about them. Nor will I use Ribble again after they treated me in
> the same way. You will never get this treatment from Wiggle, Chain
> Reaction, Parker Interntional, Dotbike and many others.
>
> ~PB

"POHB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages
> with similar complaints.
> Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

....is your mate. Specifically:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=number1bikebits&Dirn=Received+by

Yikes. He sure has some bad luck with customers... ahem.

Tim
--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it’s easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it’s

In article <[email protected]>, Don Whybrow
[email protected] says...
> Tim Dunne wrote:
> >
> > http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=number1bikebits&Dirn=Received+by
> >
> > Yikes. He sure has some bad luck with customers... ahem.

> From the general tone of his responses he come across as an arrogant turd.

It sounds as if he's selling stock he doesn't have, he's not managing
his communications well and he thinks complaining customers are being
awkward or trying to cause trouble on purpose.
I just realised I had a chat with this fellow a while ago - he puts
stuff like "PLEASE BE CAREFULL NOT TO BUY OEM EQUIPMENT FROM DEALERS
HERE ON EBAY. OEM PARTS ARE USUALLY OF A CHEAPER QUALITY, DONT COME
BOXED AND HAVE NO UK WARRANTY OR PAPERWORK" in his listings, and I was
interested to know how he could justify this sort of false advertising.
His response was basically that he doesn't give a **** because he won't
get done for it even if it is illegal.

POHB wrote:
> It seems I've just run foul of the notorious David Hinde AKA number1bikebits
> on ebay.
>
> I ordered some bits from them 5 weeks ago. After numerous phone calls and 3
> alleged delivery dates I give up in disgust. Waited in today for an
> "express delivery", when I called the courier company that was supposedly
> being used they had no record of any delivery to my address.
>
> So I did a web search on the name and there's loads of forum messages with
> similar complaints.
> Hope paypal can get my money back quickly.

That's a shame. I bought some wheels in July 06. The first lot went
astray, and when I contacted him, a second pair was sent immediately.
These arrived quickly and in good order.

On 19 Sep, 18:36, Martin Dann <[email protected]> wrote:
> It is also strange that the OPs negative feedback on ebay
> has been removed.

Hey, how did that happen? Also, how come my reply to his negative
feedback against me has been removed too?

On 20 Sep, 03:37, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> His response was basically that he doesn't give a **** because he won't
> get done for it even if it is illegal.

So now he's disputing my paypal claim for a refund and quoting a Royal
Mail delivery record as proof. This is after he told me the item was
being sent by ANC courier. I contacted the Mail and they confirmed
that the record was for a delivery to a completely different part of
the country last month.

POHB wrote:
> On 20 Sep, 03:37, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
>> His response was basically that he doesn't give a **** because he won't
>> get done for it even if it is illegal.

> So now he's disputing my paypal claim for a refund and quoting a Royal
> Mail delivery record as proof. This is after he told me the item was
> being sent by ANC courier. I contacted the Mail and they confirmed
> that the record was for a delivery to a completely different part of
> the country last month.

I you want my advice, go straight for a smalls claim court, Paypal will
sit on this for at least a month and then let some sort of
semitranslated italian bot on the case.

POHB wrote:

> On 20 Sep, 03:37, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> > His response was basically that he doesn't give a **** because he
> > won't get done for it even if it is illegal.

> So now he's disputing my paypal claim for a refund and quoting a Royal
> Mail delivery record as proof. This is after he told me the item was
> being sent by ANC courier. I contacted the Mail and they confirmed
> that the record was for a delivery to a completely different part of
> the country last month.

Did you pay with a credit card? Maybe contacting your card company
would be a quicker route?

--

On 20 Sep, 16:57, "mb" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Did you pay with a credit card? Maybe contacting your card company
> would be a quicker route?

Yes I paid paypal with a credit card, and the card company say they'll
step in if paypal don't sort it out.

POHB wrote:
> On 19 Sep, 18:36, Martin Dann <[email protected]> wrote:
>> It is also strange that the OPs negative feedback on ebay
>> has been removed.

> Hey, how did that happen? Also, how come my reply to his negative
> feedback against me has been removed too?

TBH I don't know. Looking through his feedback, people
have mentioned his name before, and to check out other
sources on him.

I think you should contact ebay directly about this, as he
now has a better rateing than he should have.
If ebay are removing negative feedback for no proper
reason, then this looks bad on them (ebay).

Some of the feedback he has left others is an absolute
joke, for this alone I would not use his shop (as well as
the other reasons).

Martin.