Numbness in crotch area!

I happen to have a position where I get to work with some of the world's leading urologist.

The problem lies in the fact that the pudendal nerve and pudendal artery exits through a spot called Alcott's Canal and it seems that the design of a bicycle racing seat appiles pressure directly and possibly destructively on the nerve and artery. The first hint that you may be damaging this nerve or cutting off blood flow would be numbness. If you feel numbnes, STOP RIDING until feeling returns or face possible problems with impotence

Although this problem was first reported by a east coast urologist in a prominent medical journal there's not been a lot of supporting data or clincal information to support it. I have found subjectively that most urologists believe it's true. I also know urologists to that cycle regularly.

As one of of the world's leading urologist, that I work with, summed it up: "Would you rather rode a bike or F---. Put that way. Some, like myself, might find it a hard choice. (no pun intended)

Numbness, Is something I don't get because I don't spend as much time in the saddle as some of you guys.

But what about Shrinkage, now that is something that does happen :-[,

Just why does it happen, swimming makes it happen as well but I put that down to the cold water ;).

Luckily I have a wife with a sense of humour (or should that be Unluckily)

Maybe, like Dealydo said, it's got something to do with the blood flow being cut off. I've just invested in a Flite Titanium saddle. I usually lose all sensation down there on long rides, which kinda bugs me. Hopefully the Flite will put my mind to rest.

Lazarus: Are you telling us that cycling can turn my "cannon" into a Walther PPK??????? Say it ain't so! :-[

Vo2: What saddle are you currently using? My Trimatic is OK during outdoor rides, but I get numb after 30 min. during trainer rides. I am also looking at the Flite...it has a wider profile than the trimatic.

I'm riding a Selle Sphere Gel. Good saddle, but not for distance. It doesn't have the cut-out like the Flite Trans-Am.

Lazarus: Are you telling us that cycling can turn my "cannon" into a Walther PPK??????? Say it ain't so!  :-[

Altweeg
Any proud owners of large Firearms should be made to hand them in to the local authorities. :)

Your not the guy who invented Lycra are you, because I'm bloody sure he must have had a Cannon as well. ;D

Well, I'm pretty sure we all want "something" sticking out a "bit" when we wear Lycra.

Otherwise, you'd all be snickering behind my back if I was totally flat "down there." ;D

Guys, please remember that this thread is about numbness and not size.

As one of of the world's leading urologist, that I work with, summed it up: "Would you rather rode a bike or F---. Put that way. Some, like myself, might find it a hard choice. (no pun intended)
uhum id better not say you might not understand ;D. now where is my bike :-*.

You might try a Terry Zero (Ti 200gr.) For me, it is like not having a seat at all, the most comfortable biking ever!