Nut cookies

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Erika, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Erika

    Erika Guest

    I just wanted to share something positive with you all. I have found a cookie recipe that really
    works for me.

    You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of po
    fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda)

    spoon into small "eggs", stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.

    Yummie and not bad at all for the ol' BG.

    /Erika

    The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you try
    to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.

    http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home

    Tags:

  2. Ritadrod

    Ritadrod Guest

    Erika, I am interested in trying your recipe, I am an illiterate when it comes to cooking lingo. I
    don't what dl means. Help!

    I will pass this on to the diabetics I know who would love a cookie now and then.

  3. Jenny

    Jenny Guest

    Erika,

    You can make your recipe even kinder to your blood sugar by replacing the flour with an equal amount
    of vanilla whey protein powder. I make these cookies all the time with both ground hazelnut meat and
    ground almond meal which I make myself in an electric chopper.

    -- Jenny - Low Carbing for 4 years. At goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes, hba1c 5.2. Cut the carbs to
    respond to my email address!

    Low carb facts and figures, my weight-loss photos, tips, recipes, strategies for dealing with
    diabetes and more at http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

    Looking for help controlling your blood sugar? Visit http://www.alt-support-
    diabetes.org/Newly%20Diagnosed.htm

    "Erika" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I just wanted to share something positive with you all. I have found a cookie recipe that really
    > works for me.
    >
    > You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of
    > po fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda)
    >
    > spoon into small "eggs", stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.
    >
    > Yummie and not bad at all for the ol' BG.
    >

    > /Erika
    >
    > The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you try
    > to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.
    >
    > http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home

  4. Herman Rubin

    Herman Rubin Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Erika <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just wanted to share something positive with you all. I have found a cookie recipe that really
    >works for me.

    >You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of po
    >fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda)

    >spoon into small "eggs", stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.

    Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? It seems too low for any baking recipe I have seen; 175 Celsius = 347
    Fahrenheit, and 350 is a common baking temperature.

    --
    This address is for information only. I do not claim that these views are those of the Statistics
    Department or of Purdue University. Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University

  5. Erika

    Erika Guest

    On 12 Feb 2004 09:12:31 -0500, [email protected] (Herman
    Rubin) wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Erika <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I just wanted to share something positive with you all. I have found a cookie recipe that really
    >>works for me.
    >
    >>You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of
    >>po fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda)
    >
    >>spoon into small "eggs", stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.
    >
    >Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? It seems too low for any baking recipe I have seen; 175 Celsius =
    >347 Fahrenheit, and 350 is a common baking temperature.
    >
    >>Yummie and not bad at all for the ol' BG.

    Yeah it is celcius

    /Erika

    The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you try
    to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.

    http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home

  6. Erika

    Erika Guest

    On 11 Feb 2004 00:03:17 GMT, [email protected] (RitaDRod) wrote:

    >Erika, I am interested in trying your recipe, I am an illiterate when it comes to cooking lingo. I
    >don't what dl means. Help!
    >
    >I will pass this on to the diabetics I know who would love a cookie now and then.

    dl= decilitre = 10 centilitre = 100 mililitre

    /Erika

    The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you try
    to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.

    http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home

  7. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    >>You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of
    >>po fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda) spoon into small "eggs",
    >>stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.
    >
    > Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? It seems too low for any baking recipe I have seen; 175 Celsius =
    > 347 Fahrenheit, and 350 is a common baking temperature.

    Good question. And the 'dl' - if that is indeed deciliters, do you measure it before or after
    grinding them up?

    I'm going to try it.

    "nut cookies" might be a good thing to put in some of the nut cases we get here.

  8. Erika

    Erika Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:49:51 -0500, Wes Groleau
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of
    >>>po fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda) spoon into small "eggs",
    >>>stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.
    >>
    >> Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? It seems too low for any baking recipe I have seen; 175 Celsius =
    >> 347 Fahrenheit, and 350 is a common baking temperature.
    >
    >Good question. And the 'dl' - if that is indeed deciliters, do you measure it before or after
    >grinding them up?

    before

    /Erika

    The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you try
    to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.

    http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home

  9. Dee

    Dee Guest

    Erika <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 12 Feb 2004 09:12:31 -0500, [email protected] (Herman Rubin) wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>, Erika <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I just wanted to share something positive with you all. I have found a cookie recipe that really
    > >>works for me.
    >
    > >>You ground 2 dl hazelnuts and mix with a beaten egg, a table spoon of flour and a table spoon of
    > >>po fiber (white fibre additive) and a dl of sweetener (like splenda)
    >
    > >>spoon into small "eggs", stick a whole nut on top and bake for 10 minutes in 175 degrees.
    > >
    > >Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? It seems too low for any baking recipe I have seen; 175 Celsius =
    > >347 Fahrenheit, and 350 is a common baking temperature.
    > >
    > >>Yummie and not bad at all for the ol' BG.
    >

    > Yeah it is celcius
    >

    > /Erika
    >
    > The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you try
    > to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.
    >
    > http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home

    Where does one find po fiber and what is a dl?

    Dee

  10. Erika

    Erika Guest

    On 16 Feb 2004 14:46:28 -0800, [email protected] (Dee) wrote:

    >Erika <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    >> >Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? It seems too low for any baking recipe I have seen; 175 Celsius =
    >> >347 Fahrenheit, and 350 is a common baking temperature.

    >> Yeah it is celcius
    >>

    >> /Erika
    >>
    >> The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents. Then for then years you
    >> try to be as little as your parents as possible. Then you gradually change in to them.
    >>
    >> http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58905375/ <- My Home
    >
    >Where does one find po fiber and what is a dl?
    >
    >Dee

    a dl is a decilitre, 1 dl= 10 cl =100 ml

    po fibre is made and sold by semper foods