nut for the headset top cap

oldbobcat said:
I give up.
NOoooo! I don't think that you managed to ask all 20 questions which you thought that you might need to ask! Don't give up, yet ... [color=ff0000]Keep up the good fight!!!! :big-smile:

Originally Posted by alfeng

NOoooo!
  • I don't think that you managed to ask all 20 questions which you thought that you might need to ask!
    Don't give up, yet ...
    [COLOR=ff0000]Keep up the good fight!!!!
    big-smile.png
    [/COLOR]

I love pounding my head with a ball-peen hammer, because it feels so good when I stop.

urge2kill said:
I installed the crown race with the bevel up. The beveled side of the bearing race is too wide to fit inside.  The headtube bevels are too deep anyway.  Even if the bearing race could drop in, it would be too deep to reach the edge of the headtube. My Cane Creek 40 integrated bearing race. Someone else's Cane Creek 40 integrated bearing race. The frameset came with a different headset, but I already installed this crown race and I don't want to go pounding on the fork again.
FWIW. Presuming that the SECOND picture which shows a properly installed headset "race" ... at least, one in-the-process of being properly installed ...
  • THEN, with the understanding that I NEITHER have your frameset NOR the headset which you are struggling with ... I believe that you have installed the wrong "race" on the fork ... and, the one in the picture is the one that is supposed to be on the fork's shoulder, and [color=ff0000]vice versa!!!![/color]
Think about it.

Originally Posted by alfeng

NOoooo!
  • I don't think that you managed to ask all 20 questions which you thought that you might need to ask!
    Don't give up, yet ...
    Keep up the good fight!!!!
    big-smile.png

Keep fighting the good fight until we get the post that the OP faceplanted and lost teeth and jaw function for a few months. Bad thing then is that we'll be his only source of communication (via keyboard) so we'll likely get questions like - should I use epoxy or superglue to bond my forks back together and how do I modify my lower bearing race to take into account all the glue spooge/dried mess?