Nutrition, Diet, Exercise Software

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by cguttman, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. cguttman

    cguttman Guest

    Hello,

    I like to know if anyone is aware of Nutrition, Diet, Exercise Software
    that contains Australian food items (like milo, vegemite) in its
    database when typing in what you have eaten a day.

    I know that there is some Software from DietClub.com.au, but
    unfortunately this Software is quite limited. The reason: It doesnt tell
    me anything how many vitamins or minerals I have consumed, etc. There is
    other fantastic software which does that (e.g. Swedish Program
    halsovakten), but they do not contain information about Australian food
    (and they are not in English).

    Anyone has a suggestion/solution?

    Regards, Chris

    Tags:

  2. cguttman

    cguttman Guest

    Hello Matthew,
    thanks for your response.
    Yes, Australian food items have calorie and nutrient contents. There are
    two reasons why software with an Australian Food Database is better:

    - I can save myself time to type in hundreds (maybe thousands) of items
    by hand.
    - A database comes with more accurate information regarding the vitamin
    and mineral content of certain foods (which are often not on the label
    of food items).

    Thats why an Australian Software would be great. Maybe it is possible to
    use existing software, and I could import an Australian database? Maybe
    there are institutes that offer these databases, and software where I
    can import it? Does anyone know?

    cheers, Chris