Nutrition/food plan

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Willow, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Willow

    Willow Guest

    I asked about nutrition in several NG and in one of them I got this link:

    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle...76FFA2F59E6445B1753.hydra?article=06-001-diet

    It's a very interesting article (link direct you to part III but you want to
    start with Part I obviously) about how to take control of your food plan,
    and how to build a plan that fits you.

    It presents a method of working your plan more than a plan itself so it can
    be adapted to whatever you're doing (WW, Atkin, Southbeach, etc). I thought
    I would share since it is so interesting. Hope it's not old news to all of
    you. ;o)

    I know not everybody is a nutrition fanatic, but sinc we work so hard at
    being in shape, food is a big part of it ;o)

    Good reading !

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    Tags:

  2. JMW

    JMW Guest

    "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I asked about nutrition in several NG and in one of them I got this link:
    >
    >http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle...76FFA2F59E6445B1753.hydra?article=06-001-diet
    >
    >It's a very interesting article (link direct you to part III but you want to
    >start with Part I obviously) about how to take control of your food plan,
    >and how to build a plan that fits you.
    >
    >It presents a method of working your plan more than a plan itself so it can
    >be adapted to whatever you're doing (WW, Atkin, Southbeach, etc). I thought
    >I would share since it is so interesting. Hope it's not old news to all of
    >you. ;o)
    >
    >I know not everybody is a nutrition fanatic, but sinc we work so hard at
    >being in shape, food is a big part of it ;o)

    The regulars here are way ahead of the curve on that stuff. Some of
    us can discuss diet at a biochemical/cellular level. Unfortunately,
    there are always some whiners who will complain when the discussion
    becomes more complicated than "eat your fruit and veggies, and stay
    away from saturated fats."

    Some degree of food planning is necessary to maintain a controlled
    diet. You are probably very oriented toward that. It's the Weight
    Watchers way.

  3. Willow

    Willow Guest

    It works for me.. planning that is..

    I know that some people are ahead, and some are behind.. that's the way the
    world is ! If it helps you good.. if not.. well sorry..

    The method in that article doesn't exclude anybody though.. even those who
    know everything ;o)

    --
    Will~

    "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

    Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

    "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I asked about nutrition in several NG and in one of them I got this link:
    > >

    >http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do;jsessionid=192EA44F8096176FFA2F59E64

    45B1753.hydra?article=06-001-diet

    > >It's a very interesting article (link direct you to part III but you want

    > >start with Part I obviously) about how to take control of your food plan,
    > >and how to build a plan that fits you.
    > >
    > >It presents a method of working your plan more than a plan itself so it

    can
    > >be adapted to whatever you're doing (WW, Atkin, Southbeach, etc). I

    thought
    > >I would share since it is so interesting. Hope it's not old news to all

    of
    > >you. ;o)
    > >
    > >I know not everybody is a nutrition fanatic, but sinc we work so hard at
    > >being in shape, food is a big part of it ;o)

    > The regulars here are way ahead of the curve on that stuff. Some of
    > us can discuss diet at a biochemical/cellular level. Unfortunately,
    > there are always some whiners who will complain when the discussion
    > becomes more complicated than "eat your fruit and veggies, and stay
    > away from saturated fats."
    >
    > Some degree of food planning is necessary to maintain a controlled
    > diet. You are probably very oriented toward that. It's the Weight
    > Watchers way.

  4. Ed Prozac

    Ed Prozac Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:55:37 GMT, "Willow"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The method in that article doesn't exclude anybody though..

    Much like your sex life, my sweet Willa.

  5. JMW

    JMW Guest

    "Willow" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It works for me.. planning that is..
    >
    >I know that some people are ahead, and some are behind.. that's the way the
    >world is ! If it helps you good.. if not.. well sorry..
    >
    >The method in that article doesn't exclude anybody though.. even those who
    >know everything ;o)

    It's OK for Diet 101. I'm just telling you that the discussion here
    will probably go beyond that. Take Berardi's "90% compliance"
    comments. They brush over the fact that "cheat meals" have a strong
    psychological value, but they don't even touch on the physiological
    effect of periodic "refeeds," and thus, why his ideal of 100%
    compliance is, in many cases, suboptimal.