NY vineyard tour?

Jdtpumps

Guest
Anybody done this? Any helpful links? Seems like the kind of thing you'd want to do in Sept or Early
Oct, at a very liesurely pace. Bill Taylor

JDTPumps wrote:
> Anybody done this? Any helpful links? Seems like the kind of thing you'd want to do in Sept or
> Early Oct, at a very liesurely pace. Bill Taylor

Try "Bike Hudson Valley" http://www.roberts-1.com/bikehudson/ I think it include some rides that
feature vineyards. I can recommend Magnanini Farm Winery in Walkill. It has a great family style
restuarant. Fall is a great time to ride in the Hudson Valley.

Robin

Turns out the a sizable percentage of the wineries in the Hudson Valley are within a couple of miles
of a worthwhile bike route on the Bike Hudson Valley website -- see
www.roberts-1.com/bikehudson/r/m/winery

Magnanini Farm is a bit more than 2 miles from a gentle-to-moderate 35-mile route -- a route that
also goes near three other wineries (and it doesn't look difficult to add a side trip to visit
two more).

Then a few miles east from there is another "4-wineries-nearby" route thru Marlboro and Milton that
also crosses the Hudson River twice.

Over on the east side of the Hudson river is a route that goes within a couple of miles of three
wineries -- but the real motivation for the route is the many beautiful horse farms and fun
downhill roads.

A couple of things I like about the Hudson Valley compared with some other other regions with
wineries: (a) the size of most of the farms and estates is smaller, so you can see things more
easily from riding by on the road;
(b) there's a mix of different kinds of farms and houses and scenery.

Ken