NYC Marathon Info & Runner's?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Globaldisc, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Globaldisc

    Globaldisc Guest

    I happen to listen to public radio (NPR)....just heard Amby Burfoot and David Wiley of Runner’s
    World magazine will be on to talk about Sunday’s New York City Marathon has become the world's
    most popular marathon for runners (so they say). You can stream it live below....they will be on
    sometime between 12pm-2pm EST. However somewhere on the site I believe it can be replayed...if
    you're interest. It's the Leonard Lopate Show.

    http://wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/10312003

    Anyone out there running? See you at the start...the 4-5 hr. wait (urrgghh).

    I'm Bib # 1299 Green...here's a link of what I look like....come up and say hello if you spot me.
    Goal is to BQ first (3:20), then beat the race predictors/calculators that have been targeted for a
    3:10 second. Next little fun play is to not get beat by the winner by more than exactly 1 hour. The
    fantasy is to somehow pull off a Sub 3:00 which would be really really tough for me but will make me
    break down like a little baby and cry at the finish line if I were to some how do it.

    As I've tapered this week I've tried ot reflect and keep in mind a lot of stuff from participants on
    this ng....dot/hass/oz/and others....breathing/hydration etc....i just want to have one day/race
    where i can put it all together and be better than i ever have. we'll see.

    Andrew...

    http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=2944&PWD=&ID=5424228 &FROM=photos&BIB=6346

    Tags:

  2. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    "Globaldisc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > As I've tapered this week I've tried ot reflect and keep in mind a lot of
    stuff
    > from participants on this ng....dot/hass/oz/and
    others....breathing/hydration

    And where's my name check?

    I think you'll do a 3:14 - 3:15. God saves the sub 3's for nice people.

    Pag-thingie.

  3. Globaldisc

    Globaldisc Guest

    >I think you'll do a 3:14 - 3:15.

    Ya know you might be right Roger. Ideal weather for M's is 50-55 degrees
    F....it's projected to be 65-70, even up to 71 or 72 an hour or so into the race. The talk is
    already that there will be no new NYC Marathon record by the elites this year due to the weather
    and dehydration will be high across all levels of runners. It's going to be a slower tougher race
    for everyone.

    Again, you just might be right Roger. OK, now having said that...and having exposed who I am, you
    will know my place/time as you know my number and name and even what I look like. It's called being
    authentic and connecting the ng
    G/RL. You can't do what I can.....can you Roger? Engage and connect the ng to RL. Regardless of what
    time I ultimately clock on Sunday Roger...it'll be authentic and real. You'll joke about
    it....you'll seek to transition it in humor....you'll talk a lot of running bravado.....but you
    cannot expose your true running/racing self on this ng. You're nothing but a troll living
    vicariously on an ng being something you've never been or ever will be. That's what makes you a
    pathetic figure.

    Andrew...

  4. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    "Globaldisc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Ya know you might be right Roger. Ideal weather for M's is 50-55 degrees
    > F....it's projected to be 65-70, even up to 71 or 72 an hour or so into
    the
    > race. The talk is already that there will be no new NYC Marathon record
    by
    > the elites this year due to the weather and dehydration will be high
    across all
    > levels of runners. It's going to be a slower tougher race for everyone.

    See? That's part of your problem. You sign up to the perceived wisdom. You lack self-belief and
    personal commitment. Be brave, think for yourself. Stop looking for excuses before the race starts.
    Begin with a
    7:30 first mile, a 7:15 second, then run 6:45's until you die or cross the finish line, whichever
    comes first. Hell, if I were you I'd run a 2:59 just to show the little troll shit in the UK what
    you can do when you try. C'mon Andrew. PROVE to me what a black Yankee with a lycra fetish can do
    when he puts his mind to it. Else you'll have me thinking I was right about you all along...

    You'll do it. I have faith in you even if you don't.

    Roger.