NYC race

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Marlene Blansha, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. A guy I know who has "illegal" satellite deals is now watching the NYC race on ABC. So he calls me
    up and says to turn to ABC= however, our moronic ABC affiliate (WVNY) is showing infomercials.
    Duhhh. I guess WABC New York is the only one showing that race, and no one else thinks anyone
    anywhere else would be interested! No, I'd much rather watch yet another nascar race or an
    infomercial for the Shark.

    Screw this, it's a nice day for a change, I'm going for a ride!

    In the meantime... thbbbpt! To shitty network tv and lousy affiliates. I'll never forget how our Fox
    affiliate, WFFF, on the labor day monday during the Home Run race (McGwire) showed LITTLE HOUSE ON
    THE PRAIRIE instead of a baseball game!

    Tags:

  2. Royg

    Royg Guest

    DirecTV subscribers with network feeds get the New York and LA stations, so we were able to watch
    it as well.

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A guy I know who has "illegal" satellite deals is now watching the NYC race on ABC. So he calls me
    > up and says to turn to ABC= however, our moronic ABC affiliate (WVNY) is showing infomercials.
    > Duhhh. I guess WABC New York is the only one showing that race, and no one else thinks anyone
    > anywhere else would be interested!

  3. Neat race -- I was there. A big group of 19 or 20 guys got away early and stayed away. Prime
    Alliance/TIAA-CREF had four in the group but no Carney -- they still drove it. Navigators had three
    with Nothstein. Lieswyn was the only 7-Up. Cruz of Postal attacked the break with maybe 15is laps to
    go, but when he was caught Nothstein went solo. Then was joined by Acevedo of ONCE and Rapinski.
    They got up to 15 seconds on the break, but were caught, at which point ONCE and Prime
    Alliance/TIAA-CREF kept driving it. In the sprint it was Nothstein over Horner and Clinger.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  4. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A guy I know who has "illegal" satellite deals is now watching the NYC race on ABC. So he calls me
    > up and says to turn to ABC= however, our moronic ABC affiliate (WVNY) is showing infomercials.
    > Duhhh. I guess WABC New York is the only one showing that race, and no one else thinks anyone
    > anywhere else would be interested! No, I'd much rather watch yet another nascar race or an
    > infomercial for the Shark.
    >
    > Screw this, it's a nice day for a change, I'm going for a ride!
    >
    > In the meantime... thbbbpt! To shitty network tv and lousy affiliates. I'll never forget how our
    > Fox affiliate, WFFF, on the labor day monday during the Home Run race (McGwire) showed LITTLE
    > HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE instead of a baseball game!

    Really, "Home Run race", now that is an oxymoron!

    Dashii

  5. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    news:8ReXa.7391$W%[email protected]...
    > Neat race -- I was there. A big group of 19 or 20 guys got away early and stayed away. Prime
    > Alliance/TIAA-CREF had four in the group but no Carney -- they still drove it. Navigators had
    > three with Nothstein. Lieswyn was the only 7-Up. Cruz of Postal attacked the break with maybe 15is
    > laps to go, but when he was caught Nothstein went solo. Then was joined by Acevedo of ONCE and
    > Rapinski. They got up to 15 seconds on the break, but were caught, at which point ONCE and Prime
    > Alliance/TIAA-CREF kept driving it. In the sprint it was Nothstein over Horner and Clinger.

    Marty took it? Wow. Thanks for the report.

    > JT

    > NB: reply-to address is munged
    >
    > Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  6. Goulot

    Goulot Guest

    have you got any links for the morning bike messenger race results? The official website doesn't
    have any yet :(

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message de
    news:[email protected]...