NYC Ride?

Dave

Guest
So I'm a former New Yorker (but you'll never get the NY *totally* out of the boy ;-) and I've
seen/heard/read about this "NYC" ride, that is like a century, or metric, that hits all 5
boroughs...

I'd love to plan a trip to the old stomping ground around this ride. Anyone have any info on when it
is, if it is, who might be running it (website would be great) or if I was just hallucinating the
whole thing?

Thanks in advance....

--
Dave Jupiter FL (remove "dot" in the reply to send mail)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> So I'm a former New Yorker (but you'll never get the NY *totally* out of the boy ;-) and I've
> seen/heard/read about this "NYC" ride, that is like a century, or metric, that hits all 5
> boroughs...
>
> I'd love to plan a trip to the old stomping ground around this ride. Anyone have any info on when
> it is, if it is, who might be running it (website would be great) or if I was just hallucinating
> the whole thing?

Since you're posting to a racing newsgroup, I'll assume that you're talking of the NYC Challenge.
Contact Threshold Sports for more information, they will be ecstatic to get your inquirires.

> Thanks in advance....

You are very welcome. Merry New Year.

Actually, my mistake. I have subscriptions to r.b.racing and r.b.rides, and I meant this to go to
rides. I do know about the NYC challenge, and if the training goes well, I may actually enter, but I
was wondering about a touring ride though....

Canuck wrote:
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>So I'm a former New Yorker (but you'll never get the NY *totally* out of the boy ;-) and I've
>>seen/heard/read about this "NYC" ride, that is like a century, or metric, that hits all 5
>>boroughs...
>>
>>I'd love to plan a trip to the old stomping ground around this ride. Anyone have any info on when
>>it is, if it is, who might be running it (website would be great) or if I was just hallucinating
>>the whole thing?
>

> Since you're posting to a racing newsgroup, I'll assume that you're talking of the NYC Challenge.
> Contact Threshold Sports for more information, they will be ecstatic to get your inquirires.
>

>>Thanks in advance....
>

> You are very welcome. Merry New Year.

--
Dave Jupiter FL (remove "dot" in the reply to send mail)

>So I'm a former New Yorker (but you'll never get the NY *totally* out of the boy ;-) and I've
>seen/heard/read about this "NYC" ride, that is like a century, or metric, that hits all 5
>boroughs...
>
>I'd love to plan a trip to the old stomping ground around this ride. Anyone have any info on when
>it is, if it is, who might be running it (website would be great) or if I was just hallucinating
>the whole thing?

You might be refering to the 5 boro bike tour. It is usually some time in early May.
---------------
Alex

Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> >So I'm a former New Yorker (but you'll never get the NY *totally* out of the boy ;-) and I've
> >seen/heard/read about this "NYC" ride, that is like a century, or metric, that hits all 5
> >boroughs...
> >
> >I'd love to plan a trip to the old stomping ground around this ride. Anyone have any info on when
> >it is, if it is, who might be running it (website would be great) or if I was just hallucinating
> >the whole thing?
>
> You might be refering to the 5 boro bike tour. It is usually some time in early May.
> ---------------

In addition to that "5 Boro" ride, there's a "NYC Century Bike Tour" in September:
http://www.transalt.org/calendar/century/index.html Don't know if it hits all 5 boros, though.

>Subject: Re: NYC Ride? From: Alex Rodriguez [email protected] Date: 12/30/2002 10:21 PM Mountain
>Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>>

>>So I'm a former New Yorker (but you'll never get the NY *totally* out of the boy ;-) and I've
>>seen/heard/read about this "NYC" ride, that is like a century, or metric, that hits all 5
>>boroughs...
>>
>>I'd love to plan a trip to the old stomping ground around this ride. Anyone have any info on when
>>it is, if it is, who might be running it (website would be great) or if I was just hallucinating
>>the whole thing?
>
>You might be refering to the 5 boro bike tour. It is usually some time
in
>early May.

Thanks a lot Alex. I have won this tour 5 years in a row, now you put it on RBR and everybody is
going to show up.

Well the secret is out: http://www.bikenewyork.org/framestour.htm

Ill really have to tweak my training schedule now. ****.

5boro Champ