NYNY & HHH for Brenda Nov 5

Brenda Hammond

Guest
I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good luck
to any of you who have recorded a gain.

The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain at
172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.

We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
prepped for surgery and was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours in
recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around North
Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I had
a productive day.

DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He was given an epidural for
pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was a bit uncomfortable and
nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in the
hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.

I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to work. Hope everyone has a
good week!

--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

First, best on your husband's fast and full recovery.

Now, CONGRATULATIONS on your Maintaining with your levels of stress.

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
>can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good luck
>to any of you who have recorded a gain.
>
>The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain at
>172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
>We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
>really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
>prepped for surgery and was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours in
>recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around North
>Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I
>had a productive day.
>
>DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He was given an epidural for
>pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was a bit uncomfortable
>and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in
>the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
>I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to work. Hope everyone has a
>good week!

Firstly, great job on staying OP and getting in some activity!

Secondly, what good news about your DH, I know scary that can be. Just a few weeks ago my hubby was
hospitalized with chest pains and a zillion tests were performed. I have never been so scared
before, and he looked so very frail in that big bed with all the wires and machines.

Thirdly, where are you located? My DH moved here to Oklahoma from Vancouver Island five years ago,
and we are planning to move back there when the children are out of high school.

My best,

Holly

> http://www.supernews.com Newsgroups: alt.support.diet.weightwatchers Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003
> 07:37:31 -0800 Subject: NYNY & HHH for Brenda Nov 5

*snip*

> The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
> We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night

*snip*

> DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to.

*snip*

> --
> Brenda
> 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Hi Brenda glad to hear the surgury went well, They will probably err on the side of caution with him
after his infections from last time. Take care of yourself, and your son ( he's going to miss his
Daddy again) and please keep us informed. Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

WW WI 69.8 / 63.1 / 61kg 134 lbs - Hoping to get my 10% tonight

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
>can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good luck
>to any of you who have recorded a gain.
>
>The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain at
>172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
>We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
>really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
>prepped for surgery and was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours in
>recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around North
>Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I
>had a productive day.
>
>DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He was given an epidural for
>pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was a bit uncomfortable
>and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in
>the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
>I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to work. Hope everyone has a
>good week!

I 've been thinking about your DH and you, Brenda, and I 'm relieved to hear all went well. I 'l l
be sending good thoughts to both of you, but I 'm sure you 'll do fine! The epidural for pain relief
is great, my sister had it for a week after the major surgery she had in June. It made her feel very
comfortable and she didn't feel sick. I hope it has the same good effects on your DH.

--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/102.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
> can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> luck to any
of
> you who have recorded a gain.
>
> The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
> We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
> prepped for surgery
and
> was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
in
> recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time,
> so I had a productive day.
>
> DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
was
> given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was
> a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and
> will be keeping him in the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
> I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
work.
> Hope everyone has a good week!
>
> --
> Brenda
> 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Glad to hear that all went OK in the surgery, Brenda. I wish him a fast recovery. Elaine K
331.4/201.2/179

Brenda Hammond wrote:

> I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
> can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> luck to any of you who have recorded a gain.
>
> The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
> We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
> prepped for surgery and was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours in
> recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time,
> so I had a productive day.
>
> DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He was given an epidural for
> pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was a bit uncomfortable
> and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in
> the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
> I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to work. Hope everyone has a
> good week!
>
> --
> Brenda
> 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

What a relief to hear your DH's surgery went well.

I'm so pleased for you that you maintained this week and were able to get some exercise. Just keep
putting one foot in front of the other...

Prairie Roots

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
>can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good luck
>to any of you who have recorded a gain.
>
>The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain at
>172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
>We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
>really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
>prepped for surgery and was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours in
>recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around North
>Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I
>had a productive day.
>
>DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He was given an epidural for
>pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was a bit uncomfortable
>and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in
>the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
>I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to work. Hope everyone has a
>good week!

hey - a maintain is great - especially amidst such chaos :) good luck for the week to come.

--
krys

UK 157/136/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001

"Not all who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
> can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> luck to any
of

<[email protected]> wrote:

>The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain at
>172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.

Well done Brenda, that's great :)

>DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to.

I'm so glad to hear it. Best wishes to him for a quick and easy recovery.
--
Erin in NZ
125/89/75 kgs

NYNY goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Brenda,

I am glad that surgery went well yesterday. Soon he will get better take one day at a time.

/congrats on the maintain Irma "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
> can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> luck to any
of
> you who have recorded a gain.
>
> The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
> We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
> prepped for surgery
and
> was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
in
> recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time,
> so I had a productive day.
>
> DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
was
> given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was
> a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and
> will be keeping him in the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
> I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
work.
> Hope everyone has a good week!
>
> --
> Brenda
> 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Maintaining is good Brenda! Priority goes to getting hubby through his surgery and again on the road
to recovery. I see it as a huge accomplishment that you have done so well through all of this!

Glad to hear the surgery went well, and hope hub continues to improve each day. Once again, please
keep us updated on his progress. You hang in there!!!

Joyce

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope I
>can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good luck
>to any of you who have recorded a gain.
>
>The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain at
>172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
>We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
>really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
>prepped for surgery and was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours in
>recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around North
>Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I
>had a productive day.
>
>DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He was given an epidural for
>pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He was a bit uncomfortable
>and nauseous, but not in any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in
>the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
>
>I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to work. Hope everyone has a
>good week!

Thanks Fred. He's still a bit nauseous today and his heart rate has been very irregular so they've
put him on meds to control his heart rate and he's in ICU too as of this afternoon, so they can
watch him closely. Seems as though he's having an allergy to the epidural as well. He's itchy all
over, so they've given him something for that too. Hopefully things will look better tomorrow...

I think I'm just going to concentrate on maintaining for awhile, especially while all this stuff is
going on in our lives.

--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

> First, best on your husband's fast and full recovery.
>
> Now, CONGRATULATIONS on your Maintaining with your levels of stress.
>
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> >I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> >luck to any
of
> >you who have recorded a gain.
> >
> >The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> >at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> >We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> >really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
> >prepped for surgery
and
> >was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
in
> >recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> >North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time,
> >so I had a productive day.
> >
> >DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
was
> >given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He
> >was a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not
in
> >any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in the hospital for at
> >least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
> >
> >I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
work.
> >Hope everyone has a good week!

Thanks Holly. It is scary when one of your loved ones is ill. I almost lost my husband in the summer
when his appendectomy went bad and resulted in peritonitis due to a ruptured bowel. He spent 6 1/2
weeks in the hospital. I'm sure that this time his recovery will be much quicker and we're looking
forward to having him home soon.

I'm in Sechelt, near Vancouver and just across the water from Vancouver Island. I actually lived in
Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island for 6 years. I really liked it there, but decided eventually to move
back home closer to my family (parents, brothers and sister).
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Holly Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BBCE7F03.229D%[email protected]...
> Firstly, great job on staying OP and getting in some activity!
>
> Secondly, what good news about your DH, I know scary that can be. Just a few weeks ago my hubby
> was hospitalized with chest pains and a zillion
tests
> were performed. I have never been so scared before, and he looked so very frail in that big bed
> with all the wires and machines.
>
> Thirdly, where are you located? My DH moved here to Oklahoma from
Vancouver
> Island five years ago, and we are planning to move back there when the children are out of
> high school.
>
> My best,
>
> Holly

> > http://www.supernews.com Newsgroups: alt.support.diet.weightwatchers Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003
> > 07:37:31 -0800 Subject: NYNY & HHH for Brenda Nov 5
> >

> *snip*
> >
> > The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it
all
> > I've managed a maintain at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> > We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night
>
> *snip*
> >
> > DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to.
>
> *snip*
> >
> > --
> > Brenda
> > 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Thanks Michelle. They are watching him carefully as I mentioned above to Fred. I'm hoping that all
will be well soon.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Brenda glad to hear the surgury went well, They will probably err on the side of caution with
> him after his infections from last time. Take care of yourself, and your son ( he's going to miss
> his Daddy again) and please keep us informed. Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
>
> WW WI 69.8 / 63.1 / 61kg 134 lbs - Hoping to get my 10% tonight
>
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> >I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> >luck to any
of
> >you who have recorded a gain.
> >
> >The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> >at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> >We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> >really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
> >prepped for surgery
and
> >was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
in
> >recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> >North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time,
> >so I had a productive day.
> >
> >DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
was
> >given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He
> >was a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not
in
> >any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in the hospital for at
> >least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
> >
> >I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
work.
> >Hope everyone has a good week!

Thanks Nathalie. Things with DH are a little different today than yesterday as I mentioned in my
reply to Fred. I spoke with DH earlier and he is still feeling quite bad, but he's hoping that he'll
begin to feel a better before too long.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> I 've been thinking about your DH and you, Brenda, and I 'm relieved to
hear
> all went well. I 'l l be sending good thoughts to both of you, but I 'm
sure
> you 'll do fine! The epidural for pain relief is great, my sister had it
for
> a week after the major surgery she had in June. It made her feel very comfortable and she didn't
> feel sick. I hope it has the same good effects
on
> your DH.
>
> --
> Nathalie from Belgium
> 134.1/102.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> 295.6/225.3/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds NYNY 227.3/225.3/214
>
> "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> > I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> > luck to
any
> of
> > you who have recorded a gain.
> >
> > The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it
all
> > I've managed a maintain at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> > We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> > really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH
> > was prepped for surgery
> and
> > was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
> in
> > recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> > North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise
and
> > did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I had a productive day.
> >
> > DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
> was
> > given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He
> > was a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not
in
> > any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him
in
> > the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
> >
> > I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
> work.
> > Hope everyone has a good week!
> >
> > --
> > Brenda
> > 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Thanks Elaine. Surgery did go well, but there have been a few little complications since. I'm hoping
things will turn the corner and be better soon.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Glad to hear that all went OK in the surgery, Brenda. I wish him a fast recovery. Elaine K
> 331.4/201.2/179
>
> Brenda Hammond wrote:
>
> > I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> > I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> > luck to
any of
> > you who have recorded a gain.
> >
> > The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it
all
> > I've managed a maintain at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> > We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> > really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH
> > was prepped for surgery
and
> > was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
in
> > recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> > North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise
and
> > did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I had a productive day.
> >
> > DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
was
> > given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He
> > was a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not
in
> > any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him
in
> > the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
> >
> > I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
work.
> > Hope everyone has a good week!
> >
> > --
> > Brenda
> > 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Thanks on both accounts PR.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What a relief to hear your DH's surgery went well.
>
> I'm so pleased for you that you maintained this week and were able to get some exercise. Just keep
> putting one foot in front of the other...
>
> Prairie Roots
>
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> >I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> >luck to any
of
> >you who have recorded a gain.
> >
> >The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> >at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> >We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> >really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH was
> >prepped for surgery
and
> >was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
in
> >recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> >North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise and did some Christmas shopping at the same time,
> >so I had a productive day.
> >
> >DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
was
> >given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He
> >was a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not
in
> >any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him in the hospital for at
> >least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
> >
> >I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
work.
> >Hope everyone has a good week!

Thanks Krys.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> hey - a maintain is great - especially amidst such chaos :) good luck for the week to come.
>
> --
> krys
>
> UK 157/136/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001
>
> "Not all who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien
>
> "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> > I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> > luck to
any
> of
> > you who have recorded a gain.
> >
> > The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it
all
> > I've managed a maintain at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
> >
> > We had to go into Vancouver on the last ferry Monday night as DH had to check in at the hospital
> > really early in the morning yesterday for his surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, DH
> > was prepped for surgery
> and
> > was in the OR at 8:15. He was in the OR for 3 hours, then spent 4 hours
> in
> > recovery, before going to this room, so in the meantime I spent almost 3 hours walking around
> > North Vancouver, shopping. God in some exercise
and
> > did some Christmas shopping at the same time, so I had a productive day.
> >
> > DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to. He
> was
> > given an epidural for pain relief prior to surgery and it seems to be working well for him. He
> > was a bit uncomfortable and nauseous, but not
in
> > any "real" pain. They have him on antibiotics and will be keeping him
in
> > the hospital for at least 7 days, but perhaps up to 10 or so.
> >
> > I'm going to try to catch up on some of the posts before going off to
> work.
> > Hope everyone has a good week!
> >
> > --
> > Brenda
> > 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

Thanks Erin.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:37:31 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >The last few days have been a bit hectic and unorganized. Through it all I've managed a maintain
> >at 172 and also got in 4 days with exercise last week.
>
> Well done Brenda, that's great :)
>
> >DH is doing well after his surgery, all went as they expected it to.
>
> I'm so glad to hear it. Best wishes to him for a quick and easy recovery.
> --
> Erin in NZ
> 125/89/75 kgs
> 275.3/191.6/165 lbs
>
> NYNY goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
>
> "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Thanks for the congrats and the good wishes.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

"Irma Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:vOCqb.985$643.233@okepread03...
> Brenda,
>
> I am glad that surgery went well yesterday. Soon he will get better take
one
> day at a time.
>
> /congrats on the maintain Irma "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm a few days late posting updates and I've got a few hundred unread messages to read too, hope
> > I can get to them all, but if not, congratulations to those who have lost or maintained and good
> > luck to
any