NYNY Jane

Where were you when I needed you? Not that it would've done me any good... I seem to be one of those
hardheaded types who even after several bloody foreheads from banging my head against a brick wall,
I still insist on banging my head. What's that saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same
thing over and over and expecting different results.

That would be me: crazy as a loon (by coincidence, the Minnesota state bird!)

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:05:44 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>LOL! I could have taught you those same things for much cheaper. <G>

Prairie Roots
232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0830_01C3D3ED.350B51B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

LOL........ I'll have to remember this line for my kids next time they complain = <VBG> Vanessa In
OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to 140) "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... LOL! I could have taught you those same things
for much cheaper. <G> = In my moms better days she was obsessed with the weight of my nephew, to the
= point it was the only thing she would talk about and drove me nuts. I kept telling her = that it
was useless to give so much time and attention to something she had = absolutely no control over. I
take the attitude that if I can't personally change = something, then I will not get upset or
obsessed about it. So far, it works for = me. <G>

Funny, I do the same thing with my own kids - try hard to not repeat = the same mistakes I feel I
was raised with. When they complain, I tell them = they are guinea pigs ... parenting is totally
experimental. When they have = their own kids, they can get even. <g>

Joyce

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 09:40:27 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> = wrote:

>Hmm, well, after investing hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in therapym, I finally
>learned that I can't change my mother. But I can change how I respond. We're all much better off.
>I've tried hard not to repeat her mistakes with my own kids. So instead, I'm practicing a whole
>new set of flaws on them. <G>=20
>
>Prairie Roots
>
>On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:55:19 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>and that explanation is even better than I imagined. You are kind =
to your
>>mother, and even kinder to your children, Lee

------=_NextPart_000_0830_01C3D3ED.350B51B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>LOL........</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I'll have to remember this line = for my kids=20 next time
they complain <VBG></FONT></DIV>
<>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to =
140)</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-
LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Joyce" <<A = href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:6e4evvo8pff=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>LOL! =20 I could have taught you those same things
for much cheaper. = <G> In=20 my moms<BR>better days she was obsessed with the weight of
my nephew, = to the=20 point it was the<BR>only thing she would talk about and drove me =
nuts. I=20 kept telling her that it was<BR>useless to give so much time and = attention to=20
something she had absolutely no<BR>control over. I take the = attitude=20 that if I can't
personally change something,<BR>then I will not get = upset or=20 obsessed about it. So far,
it works for me. = <G><BR><BR>Funny, I do=20 the same thing with my own kids - try hard to not
repeat the = same<BR>mistakes=20 I feel I was raised with. When they complain, I tell them
they=20 are<BR>guinea pigs ... parenting is totally experimental. When = they have=20 their
own kids,<BR>they can get even. <g><BR><BR>Joyce<BR><BR>On = Sat, 03=20 Jan 2004 09:40:27 -
0600, Prairie Roots <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> =
wrote:<BR><BR>>Hmm,=20 well, after investing hundreds of hours and thousands of =
dollars<BR>>in=20 therapym, I finally learned that I can't change my mother. But =
I<BR>>can=20 change how I respond. We're all much better off. I've tried = hard<BR>>not to=20
repeat her mistakes with my own kids. So instead, = I'm<BR>>practicing a=20 whole new set of
flaws on them. <G> <BR>><BR>>Prairie=20 Roots<BR>><BR>>On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:55:19
-0600, "Miss=20 Violette"<BR>><<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>=20
wrote:<BR>><BR>>>and that explanation is even better than I=20 imagined. You are kind
to your<BR>>>mother, and even = kinder to=20 your children, Lee<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0830_01C3D3ED.350B51B0--

LOL! I probably was in treatment for something else. <g> I will admit to having a therapist tell me
this exact thing 20 years ago, now I just have to remember to keep putting it into play. I tend to
bang on that same wall you do, I just don't let it bug me as much. <g>

Joyce

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:42:33 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>Where were you when I needed you? Not that it would've done me any good... I seem to be one of
>those hardheaded types who even after several bloody foreheads from banging my head against a brick
>wall, I still insist on banging my head. What's that saying? The definition of insanity is doing
>the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
>
>That would be me: crazy as a loon (by coincidence, the Minnesota state bird!)
>
>On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:05:44 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>LOL! I could have taught you those same things for much cheaper. <G>
>
>Prairie Roots
>232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0922_01C3D532.0FCF70C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

Too true :) Kind of like honesty.... "There's no such thing as an honest person, just the degree to
which = they are dishonest".... Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160) "Miss
Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]
berlin.de... LOL, one of the best things I ever heard was a tape of Tony Robbins, = ,,, "there is no
functional family"... just degrees of dysfunction, Lee Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Hmm, well, after investing hundreds of hours and thousands of =
dollars
> in therapym, I finally learned that I can't change my mother. But I can change how I respond.
> We're all much better off. I've tried hard not to repeat her mistakes with my own kids. So
> instead, I'm practicing a whole new set of flaws on them. <G>
>
> Prairie Roots
>
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:55:19 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >and that explanation is even better than I imagined. You are kind =
to your
> >mother, and even kinder to your children, Lee
>

------=_NextPart_000_0922_01C3D532.0FCF70C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Too true :)</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Kind of like = honesty....</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>"There's no such thing as an = honest person,=20 just the
degree to which they are dishonest"....</FONT></DIV>
<>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160)</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-
RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-
RIGHT: 0px">
<>"Miss Violette" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> = wrote in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:bt93uc$3vs= [email protected]
berlin.de</A>...</DIV>LOL,=20 one of the best things I ever heard was a tape of Tony Robbins, =
,,,<BR>"there=20 is no functional family"... just degrees of dysfunction, = Lee<BR>Prairie Roots=20
<<A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote in=20 message<BR><A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:22odvvgj4ut=
[email protected]</A>...<BR>>=20 Hmm, well, after investing hundreds of hours and
thousands of = dollars<BR>>=20 in therapym, I finally learned that I can't change my mother. But
= I<BR>>=20 can change how I respond. We're all much better off. I've tried = hard<BR>>=20 not
to repeat her mistakes with my own kids. So instead, I'm<BR>>=20 practicing a whole new set of
flaws on them. <G><BR>><BR>> = Prairie=20 Roots<BR>><BR>> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004
02:55:19 -0600, "Miss=20 Violette"<BR>> <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>=20 wrote:<BR>><BR>>
>and that explanation is even better than I=20 imagined. You are kind to<BR>your<BR>>
>mother, and even = kinder to=20 your children, Lee<BR>><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0922_01C3D532.0FCF70C0--