NYNY week 5 Laura (LJ) :-(

L

Laura

Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts me back to my 10%.
arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the Swish Fairy pays me a
visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
below 1 lb. Not a good sign.

Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of my
flex points and then some. I went out to dinner last night and just did not care since I knew WI was
this morning and the damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws
and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due any day now. I also just can't seem to find the right
number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I should give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point
range & banking method I started out with.
--
~~Laura (LJ)~~
246.5/221/150
246/6/210 NYNY started WW 4/21/03

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:47:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts me back to my 10%.
>arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the Swish Fairy pays me a
>visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
>below 1 lb. Not a good sign.

Sorry about the gain, Laura. I know how hard you've been struggling to hang on.

>Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of my
>flex points and then some. I went out to dinner last night and just did not care since I knew WI
>was this morning and the damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion
>straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due any day now. I also just can't seem to find the
>right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I should give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old
>point range & banking method I started out with.

Winning Points may very well be the formula you need to help you get your groove back. Hopefully
with last night's dinner, you ate away your frustration and can find your way back to being OP.

Prairie Roots

well heck LJ. If the other program was working better for you switch on back! lots of people at my
meeting are using the old one.

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:0cAqb.207928$0v4.16423022@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts me back to my 10%.
> arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the Swish Fairy pays me a
> visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
> below 1 lb. Not a good sign.
>
> Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of my
> flex points and then some. I went out to
dinner
> last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning and the damage was already done
> for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due any
> day now. I also just can't seem to find the right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I should
> give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started out with.
> --
> ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> 246.5/221/150
> 223/221/210 NYNY started WW 4/21/03

Sorry about the gain, Laura. Hope this is a better week for you. Elaine K
331.4/201.2/179

Laura wrote:

> Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts me back to my 10%.
> arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the Swish Fairy pays me a
> visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
>
> Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of my
> flex points and then some. I went out to dinner last night and just did not care since I knew WI
> was this morning and the damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion
> straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due any day now. I also just can't seem to find the
> right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I should give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the
> old point range & banking method I started out with.
> --
> ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> 246.5/221/150

I am sorry you are having a rough time, good luck this week, Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
dinner
> last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning and the damage was already done
> for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due any
> day now. I also just can't seem to find the right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I should
> give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started out with.
> --
> ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> 246.5/221/150

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:47:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts me back to my 10%.
>arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight.

I'm sorry Laura. Hang in there, and if you feel the old system was better for you, then why not go
back to it? It might be worth a try anyway. Good luck :)
--
Erin in NZ
125/87/75 kgs
125.87/1.1/165 lbs

NYNY goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Hi, Laura, Too bad about the gain. Use which ever method helps you.
--
Take Care Catherine
154/134.4/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:0cAqb.207928$0v4.16423022@bgtnsc04-
>
dinner
> --
> ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> 246.5/221/150

Sorry about the gain Laura. Better luck next week.
--
Brenda
209/172/150 NYNY goal 160

>
dinner
> --
> ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> 246.5/221/150

I gained 2 pounds this week too, Laura. I'm considering Winning Points too.

--

~Kristin O~
272/237.2/172

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

>
dinner
> --
> ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> 246.5/221/150

Thanks for support.

I am hoping that some of the gain goes away by the weekend because it is approaching TOM. Today was
day 28. I expected it last week as my periods have been 3 weeks apart since August. (Something wacky
is going on with my body for sure). The frustration is only being masked for unrelated depression. A
3 year anniversary of a family member's passing is coming up monday and I am having difficulty
keeping it together. I should be better by Wednesday so maybe some of the extra eating will
disappear. The Halloween candy has also been safely removed from the house.

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:47:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts
me
> >back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the Swish
> >Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my
> >average weekly loss below
> >lb. Not a good sign.
>
> Sorry about the gain, Laura. I know how hard you've been struggling to hang on.
>
> >Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of my
> >flex points and then some. I went out to
dinner
> >last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning and the damage was already done
> >for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due
> >any day now. I also just can't seem to find the right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I
> >should give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started
> >out with.
>
> Winning Points may very well be the formula you need to help you get your groove back. Hopefully
> with last night's dinner, you ate away your frustration and can find your way back to being OP.
>
> Prairie Roots

I'll have to dig out the old spreadsheet. I hope I saved it on my hard drive. My other thought
would be to just cap my Flex points at the same number of points per week the other program gives
you for the week. That would be roughly the same amount of food. It does treat the banking of AP
differently but that is okay. Its the trying to figure out the *magical* number of flex points that
has me stumped.

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> well heck LJ. If the other program was working better for you switch on back! lots of people at my
> meeting are using the old one.
>
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:0cAqb.207928$0v4.16423022@bgtnsc04-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts
me
> > back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the
> > Swish Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts
> > my average weekly loss below
> > lb. Not a good sign.
> >
> > Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of
> > my flex points and then some. I went out to
> dinner
> > last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning and
the
> > damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips). On
> > top of that TOM is due any day now. I also just can't seem to find the right number of Flex
> > points to eat. Maybe I
should
> > give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started
> > out with.
> > --
> > ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> > 246.5/221/150
> > 223/221/210 NYNY started WW 4/21/03
>

Thanks Elaine. I hope so too.

"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sorry about the gain, Laura. Hope this is a better week for you. Elaine K
> 331.4/201.2/179
>
> Laura wrote:
>
me
> > back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the
> > Swish Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts
> > lb. Not a good sign.
> >
> > Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of
dinner
the
> > damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips). On
> > top of that TOM is due any day now. I also just can't seem to find the right number of Flex
should
> > give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started
> > out with.
> > --
> > ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> > 246.5/221/150

thanks Lee. I am hoping to get back on track shortly. Maybe a gain will break the stall. You
never know.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I am sorry you are having a rough time, good luck this week, Lee Laura <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
me
> > lb. Not a good sign.
> >
> dinner
the
should
> > out with.
> > --
> > ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> > 246.5/221/150
>

Or some combination of the 2 plans. I might just start by adjusting my spreadsheet so that the
total number of flex points is not 35 anymore. That way I won't eat them. I know that the gain is
temporary. I was down by 1 this morning but is has been so frustrating getting stuck this early
in the game.
--
Laura "Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:47:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This
puts me
> >back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight.
>
> I'm sorry Laura. Hang in there, and if you feel the old system was better for you, then why not go
> back to it? It might be worth a try anyway. Good luck :)
> --
> Erin in NZ
> 125/87/75 kgs
> 275.3/191.6/165 lbs
>
> NYNY goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
>
> "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Thanks Brenda. We are hoping that my stall breaks this week. Somethings got to give.

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Sorry about the gain Laura. Better luck next week.
> --
> Brenda
> 209/172/150 NYNY goal 160
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:0cAqb.207928$0v4.16423022@bgtnsc04-
me
> > lb. Not a good sign.
> >
> dinner
the
should
> > out with.
> > --
> > ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> > 246.5/221/150
>

Sorry to hear about your gain. WP might just be the answer. Eating all of my Flexpoints is too
tempting lately.

"Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> I gained 2 pounds this week too, Laura. I'm considering Winning Points
too.
>
> --
>
> ~Kristin O~
> 272/237.2/172
>
> Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>
>
>
me
> > lb. Not a good sign.
> >
> dinner
the
should
> > out with.
> > --
> > ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> > 246.5/221/150
>

I hope you can make it through the anniversary with as little pain as possible. It has to be hard.

Best

Fred

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 03:33:30 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks for support.
>
>I am hoping that some of the gain goes away by the weekend because it is approaching TOM. Today was
>day 28. I expected it last week as my periods have been 3 weeks apart since August. (Something
>wacky is going on with my body for sure). The frustration is only being masked for unrelated
>depression. A 3 year anniversary of a family member's passing is coming up monday and I am having
>difficulty keeping it together. I should be better by Wednesday so maybe some of the extra eating
>will disappear. The Halloween candy has also been safely removed from the house.
>
>"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:47:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This puts
>me
>> >back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the
>> >Swish Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will meet my NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts
>> >my average weekly loss below
>1
>> >lb. Not a good sign.
>>
>> Sorry about the gain, Laura. I know how hard you've been struggling to hang on.
>>
>> >Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of
>> >my flex points and then some. I went out to
>dinner
>> >last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning and the damage was already
>> >done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is
>> >due any day now. I also just can't seem to find the right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I
>> >should give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started
>> >out with.
>>
>> Winning Points may very well be the formula you need to help you get your groove back. Hopefully
>> with last night's dinner, you ate away your frustration and can find your way back to being OP.
>>
>> Prairie Roots

Thanks, Laura... it is VERY tempting, and I'm finding that I'm usually eating about 20 flexies at a
time too, instead of the normal 4-5 a day for a week thing. Not good.

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.2/172

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:647rb.217571$0v4.16614574@bgtnsc04-
> Sorry to hear about your gain. WP might just be the answer. Eating all of
my
> Flexpoints is too tempting lately.
>
> "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > I gained 2 pounds this week too, Laura. I'm considering Winning Points
> too.
> >
> > --
> >
> > ~Kristin O~
> > 272/237.2/172
> >
> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:0cAqb.207928$0v4.16423022@bgtnsc04-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This
puts
> me
> > > back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any more weight. So unless the
> > > Swish Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will meet
my
> > > NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
below
> 1
> > > lb. Not a good sign.
> > >
> > > Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case of depression, I ate all of
> > > my flex points and then some. I went out to
> > dinner
> > > last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning and
> the
> > > damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best (onion straws and rib tips).
> > > On top of that TOM is due any day now. I also
just
> > > can't seem to find the right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I
> should
> > > give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range & banking method I started out
> > > with.
> > > --
> > > ~~Laura (LJ)~~
> > > 246.5/221/150
> > > 223/221/210 NYNY started WW 4/21/03
> > >
> >

Thanks. Every year I think it will be easier but it has not gone that way. She's been on my mind for
the past month leading up to monday's anniversary. My coping skills are shot at this point.
--
Laura

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I hope you can make it through the anniversary with as little pain as possible. It has to be hard.
>
> Best
>
> Fred
>
> On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 03:33:30 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for support.
> >
> >I am hoping that some of the gain goes away by the weekend because it
is
> >approaching TOM. Today was day 28. I expected it last week as my
periods
> >have been 3 weeks apart since August. (Something wacky is going on
with my
> >body for sure). The frustration is only being masked for unrelated depression. A 3 year
> >anniversary of a family member's passing is
coming up
> >monday and I am having difficulty keeping it together. I should be
better by
> >Wednesday so maybe some of the extra eating will disappear. The
Halloween
> >candy has also been safely removed from the house.
> >
> >"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:47:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This
puts
> >me
> >> >back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any
more
> >> >weight. So unless the Swish Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will
meet my
> >> >NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
below
> >1
> >> >lb. Not a good sign.
> >>
> >> Sorry about the gain, Laura. I know how hard you've been struggling
to
> >> hang on.
> >>
> >> >Some of the gain was expected. Between Halloween and a severe case
of
> >> >depression, I ate all of my flex points and then some. I went out
to
> >dinner
> >> >last night and just did not care since I knew WI was this morning
and the
> >> >damage was already done for the week. Choices were not the best
(onion
> >> >straws and rib tips). On top of that TOM is due any day now. I
also just
> >> >can't seem to find the right number of Flex points to eat. Maybe I
should
> >> >give up on the Flexpoints and go back to the old point range &
banking
> >> >method I started out with.
> >>
> >> Winning Points may very well be the formula you need to help you
get
> >> your groove back. Hopefully with last night's dinner, you ate away your frustration and can
> >> find your way back to being OP.
> >>
> >> Prairie Roots

I saw several posts in the WW message board from people claiming that the only way that they seem to
lose weight was if they used all or most of the flex points over the weekend and then stay OP for
the rest of the week.

Sounds a little bit like the Wendies concept to keep your metabolism guessing. This may be why I did
so well this summer. We had twice weekly cookout/cocktail parties where I did not worry too much
about what I ate. The rest of the week I stayed OP. In fact many days I ate below my min number of
points to save up for the social events during the week. Those parties are only during the summer so
I am no longer eating that way anymore.

"Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> Thanks, Laura... it is VERY tempting, and I'm finding that I'm usually eating about 20 flexies at
> a time too, instead of the normal 4-5 a day for
a
> week thing. Not good.
>
> --
>
> ~Kristin O~
> 272/239.2/172
>
> Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>
>
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:647rb.217571$0v4.16614574@bgtnsc04-
> > Sorry to hear about your gain. WP might just be the answer. Eating all
of
> my
> > Flexpoints is too tempting lately.
> >
> > "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > I gained 2 pounds this week too, Laura. I'm considering Winning
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > ~Kristin O~
> > > 272/237.2/172
> > >
> > > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> > > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:0cAqb.207928$0v4.16423022@bgtnsc04-
> > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > > Not a good week at all. Gained 2 lbs so I am back to 221. :-( This
> puts
> > me
> > > > back to my 10%. arrgghh...My body just does not want to lose any
more
> > > > weight. So unless the Swish Fairy pays me a visit I doubt I will
meet
> my
> > > > NYNY goal anytime soon. This gain also puts my average weekly loss
> below
> > 1