NZ elevation

liz.ashley

Dec 26, 2009
Hi there,

I'm new to these forums but not new to biking and was hoping for some help with route planning. I often use BikeRouteToaster for checking out distances and climbs but although the distances work for New Zealand, the elevation stuff doesn't.

I'm hoping to head over to NZ in mid January and stay until late Feb or early March. Probably starting by going round the South Island before heading north for the second half of the trip (after the summer holidays are over so quieter roads?). I've done solo stuff like this before, eg Land's End to John O' Groats and back, and Melbourne to Sydney, so I'm fairly ok with the basics, but where can I find a decent website that calculates all the climbs along a particular route? If it doesn't exist then no worries about doing it the long way via maps with contours etc, but is there a quick way I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Liz

liz.ashley said:
so I'm fairly ok with the basics, but where can I find a decent website that calculates all the climbs along a particular route? If it doesn't exist then no worries about doing it the long way via maps with contours etc, but is there a quick way I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Liz

Use your Ipad. Strap it to your bars. Tape some food to it too. Tell people it multi tasks.