"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

On Sep 25, 1:33 pm, Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/yu83qq
> --
> Bean
>
> "I've got a bike
> You can ride it if you like
> It's got a basket
> A bell that rings
> And things to make it look good
> I'd give it to you if I could
> But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Persistant little bugger, isn't he!!

Brendo

[email protected] wrote:
> On Sep 25, 3:33 pm, Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/yu83qq
>> --
>> Bean

> Man I hate magpies. Fortunately the three along my work-home route
> don't actually make contact and I know exactly where to expect them.
> I was waving my arm and shouting to put them off their attack, but
> ignoring them is much more effective (and safer!)

Imagine how unpopular they are in NZ considering they're an introduced
pest over there!

--
Bean

Bean Long wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

>> Man I hate magpies. Fortunately the three along my work-home route
>> don't actually make contact and I know exactly where to expect them.
>> I was waving my arm and shouting to put them off their attack, but
>> ignoring them is much more effective (and safer!)
>>

> Imagine how unpopular they are in NZ considering they're an introduced
> pest over there!

I dislike kookaburras in my yard, because they are meat-eaters. Kookaburras
in WA are protected even though they are an introduced species.

Theo

"Theo Bekkers" wrote:

> I dislike kookaburras in my yard, because they are meat-eaters.

???
You're applying some form of vegan standards to wildlife? Or you'd rather
share your backyard with the snakes?

> Kookaburras in WA are protected even though they are an introduced
> species.

Well actually you do have the Blue-winged Kookaburra as a native, but it is
up in the Kimberley and Pilbara.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

PeteSig wrote:
> "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
>
>> I dislike kookaburras in my yard, because they are meat-eaters.

> ???
> You're applying some form of vegan standards to wildlife? Or you'd
> rather share your backyard with the snakes?

We don't have any snakes, but it's not because of the kookaburras. I know
the picture of an epic battle between a kookaburra and a snake looks
romantic, but they mostly eat lizards, marsupial mice, small young birds,
and eggs from nests. Nearly as bad as having a cat. And they would never
attack a snake large enough to harm a human anyway.

Theo

On 2007-09-25, Bean Long (aka Bruce)
> http://tinyurl.com/yu83qq

Heh. Still haven't put my video on the web, but it turned out the
little bugger didn't once get in the frame despite me turning my head
backwards many times in the process.

Looks like footage from the actioncam 2k? Looks like the road I got
my bird too. Wrong country though :)

--
TimC
"If you already know what recursion is, just remember the answer. Otherwise,

On 2007-09-26, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
> PeteSig wrote:
>> "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
>>
>>> I dislike kookaburras in my yard, because they are meat-eaters.

>> ???
>> You're applying some form of vegan standards to wildlife? Or you'd
>> rather share your backyard with the snakes?

> We don't have any snakes, but it's not because of the kookaburras. I know
> the picture of an epic battle between a kookaburra and a snake looks
> romantic, but they mostly eat lizards, marsupial mice, small young birds,
> and eggs from nests. Nearly as bad as having a cat. And they would never
> attack a snake large enough to harm a human anyway.

I saw one attacking a small one. Get em young, I say. One day they
will be a big nasty meany snakey thing if the kookas don't get em
first.

--
TimC
I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the