O/T: Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Goldmember, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Goldmember

    Goldmember Guest

    Jesus 'healed using cannabis'

    Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles Monday January 6, 2003 The Guardian

    Jesus w as almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of
    the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that
    Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings. The anointing oil used by
    Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified
    as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett in the drugs magazine, High Times,
    entitled Was Jesus a Stoner? The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis
    extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims.

    "There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion," Carl Ruck, professor of
    classical mythology at Boston University said.

    Referring to the existence of cannabis in anointing oils used in ceremonies, he added: "Obviously
    the easy availability and long-established tradition of cannabis in early Judaism _ would inevitably
    have included it in the [Christian] mixtures."

    Mr Bennett suggests those anointed with the oils used by Jesus were "literally drenched in this
    potent mixture _ Although most modern people choose to smoke or eat pot, when its active ingredients
    are transferred into an oil-based carrier, it can also be absorbed through the skin".

    Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and
    encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing
    eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels.

    "If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil _ and receiving this oil
    is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis
    could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,869273,00.html

    Tags:

  2. Name

    Name Guest

    "GoldMember" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jesus 'healed using cannabis' [..] "If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient
    > anointing oil _ and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians,
    > then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.
    >

    > http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,869273,00.html

    No matter whether or not christ used pot, people who persecute cannabis consumers are closed-minded
    fascists on par with the nazis who persecuted jews, even though the nazis were more rigorous and
    proficient by exterminating their favorite scapegoats on an industrial scale.

  3. Bluskie

    Bluskie Guest

    "GoldMember" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jesus 'healed using cannabis' Jesus w as almost certainly
    > a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal
    > properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural
    > texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus
    > and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous
    > healings.<snip>

    It didn't stop the jews and romans from butchering him did
    it? But maybe it played a part is his res-erection?, I mean,
    if I was as High as Jesus and his disciples were, I would
    one with God too.