o.t. the war??????????

Nibbles

Guest
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

nibbles

"nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
>

> nibbles

Aye,and bush not starting a war was about as likely as Viking Windeyman turning up at the next Red
Bull challenge, Clad in lycra shorts and saying "right chaps lets go carve up some single track."

> > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
>
> I hope you're not trying to pass that as your own.
>
> Bill "the Donald will be ****** at ya" S.

Most people do not put quotes around their own sentences.

Jed

"Jed Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
> >
> > I hope you're not trying to pass that as your own.
> >
> > Bill "the Donald will be ****** at ya" S.
> >

> Most people do not put quotes around their own sentences.

Educated/honest people attribute their quotations (or say they don't know who said it).

Bill "cooked some meat for dinner" S.

"nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
>

> nibbles

I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed to brainwash. I don't
support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is more important to mend relations with the Arabs
than to slaughter them over a hunch. Anyway, I'm not gonna get into it right now, but I do feel like
bashing the French some. So here goes... These quotes were all taken from
http://www.twin-towers.net/french_military_victories.htm .

When they pulled out of NATO 40 years ago and declared Americans must close down their bases in
France, Secretary of State Dean Rusk had a bitterly caustic response: "Should we dig up the graves
of American soldiers in Normandy, too, and take them home?"

No French answer was recorded.

"Did you see the new bomb the government came up with? It weights 21,000 pounds. The Air Force
tested this bomb in Florida and the bomb blast was so strong at Disneyworld 25 French tourists
surrendered." -Jay Leno

Jay Leno says it's no surprise the French won't help us get Saddam Hussein out of Iraq. They didn't
help us get Germany out of France, either. Still, it's essential for them to join us in the war
against Iraq. They can teach the Iraqis how to surrender.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --- General
George S. Patton

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."
--David Letterman

"Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

| "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
| >

| > nibbles
| >

| I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed to brainwash. I don't
| support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is more important to mend relations with the Arabs
| than to slaughter them over a hunch.

You are clueless, in more ways than one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

> | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed
> | brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
more
> | important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over a hunch.
>
> You are clueless, in more ways than one.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html

I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp

"If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq and goes forward with
military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half of Americans would oppose an invasion of Iraq,
while 47% would be in favor. "

...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%jTda.164875$S_4.91527@rwcrnsc53...
| > | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed
| > | brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
| more
| > | important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over a hunch.
| >
| > You are clueless, in more ways than one.
| >
| > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html
|
| I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
| http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp
|
| "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq and goes forward with
| military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half of Americans would oppose an invasion of
| Iraq, while 47% would be in favor. "
|
| ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)

Not neccessary. Just look at the date of that poll.

"The poll was conducted March 14-15, prior to the meeting of U.S. President George Bush, British
Prime Minister Tony Blair, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, and their host, Portuguese Prime
Minister Jose Durao Barroso, to discuss diplomatic options on Iraq."

Furthermore:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030318.asp

--

"

> | ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)
>
> Not neccessary. Just look at the date of that poll.
>
> "The poll was conducted March 14-15, prior to the meeting of U.S.
President George Bush,
> British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria
Aznar, and their
> host, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Durao Barroso, to discuss diplomatic
options on
> Iraq."
>
> Furthermore:
>
> http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030318.asp

Yeah, I saw that too - it's really 2 different polls. It is quite interesting - but not surprising -
how many people just a few days ago stated they were against this are now committed to seeing this
through. I know this feeling myself; I've thought all along Bush has cranial rectitus, but if we're
going to do it let's not do it 0.5 assed. It do think, however, there is a distinction of being "in
favor" of war (first poll) as opposed to backing your country (second poll).

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3OTda.166796$qi4.76841@rwcrnsc54...
> > | I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
> > | http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp
> > |
> > | "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq
> and
> > | goes forward with military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half
> of
> > | Americans would oppose an invasion of Iraq, while 47% would be in
favor.
> "
> > |
> > | ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to
dispute
> > | these! ;)
> >
> > Not neccessary. Just look at the date of that poll.
> >
> > "The poll was conducted March 14-15, prior to the meeting of U.S.
> President George Bush,
> > British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria
> Aznar, and their
> > host, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Durao Barroso, to discuss
diplomatic
> options on
> > Iraq."
> >
> > Furthermore:
> >
> > http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030318.asp
>
> Yeah, I saw that too - it's really 2 different polls. It is quite interesting - but not surprising
> - how many people just a few days ago stated they were against this are now committed to seeing
> this through. I know this feeling myself; I've thought all along Bush has cranial
rectitus,
> but if we're going to do it let's not do it 0.5 assed. It do think, however, there is a
> distinction of being "in favor" of war (first poll) as opposed to backing your country
> (second poll).

A large distinction. A very valid point.

Westie.

naa, it wasnt intended to look like mine, i read it on a site somewhere, cant remember who wrote
it though.

"Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
> >

> > nibbles
> >

> I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed
> brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
more
> important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over a hunch. Anyway, I'm not
> gonna get into it right now, but I do feel like bashing the French some. So here goes... These
> quotes were all taken
from
> http://www.twin-towers.net/french_military_victories.htm .
>
> When they pulled out of NATO 40 years ago and declared Americans must
close
> down their bases in France, Secretary of State Dean Rusk had a bitterly caustic response: "Should
> we dig up the graves of American soldiers in Normandy, too, and take them home?"
>
> No French answer was recorded.
>

> "Did you see the new bomb the government came up with? It weights 21,000 pounds. The Air Force
> tested this bomb in Florida and the bomb blast was
so
> strong at Disneyworld 25 French tourists surrendered." -Jay Leno
>

> Jay Leno says it's no surprise the French won't help us get Saddam Hussein out of Iraq. They
> didn't help us get Germany out of France, either.
Still,
> it's essential for them to join us in the war against Iraq. They can
teach
> the Iraqis how to surrender.
>

> "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --- General
> George S. Patton
>

> "The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into
Paris
> under a German flag." --David Letterman

Lightweight says, in part:

>They didn't help us get Germany out of France, either.

Suggest you do a search for "maquis" and/or "partisans" and check up on who they were and what
they did ;-)

Steve

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%jTda.164875$S_4.91527@rwcrnsc53...
> > | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has
failed
> > | brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
> more
> > | important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over
> > | hunch.
> >
> > You are clueless, in more ways than one.
> >
> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html
>
> I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
> http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp
>
> "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq and goes forward with
> military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half of Americans would oppose an invasion of
> Iraq, while 47% would be in favor. "
>
> ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)

thread. You guys are too uptight. Next time I'll be sure my numbers are accurate to within 3 digits.
I really meant 92.8 million Americans, but that's assuming there are 320 million of us around, I'm
sure that number doesn't meet your standards either though. Get out and ride your damn bike instead
of nit-picking a non-scientific thread.

> thread. You guys are too uptight. Next time I'll be sure my numbers are accurate to within 3
> digits. I really meant 92.8 million Americans, but that's assuming there are 320 million of us
> around, I'm sure that number doesn't meet your standards either though. Get out and ride your damn
bike
> instead of nit-picking a non-scientific thread.

...and you say *we* are uptight! ;)

"Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

| thread. You guys are too uptight. Next time I'll be sure my numbers are accurate to within 3
| digits. I really meant 92.8 million Americans, but that's assuming there are 320 million of us
| around, I'm sure that number doesn't meet your standards either though. Get out and ride your damn
| bike instead of nit-picking a non-scientific thread.

Your assumption is wrong. 290 +/- million.

Your classic "get out and ride" defense is funny, as well as hypocritical.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Your assumption is wrong. 290 +/- million.
>
> Your classic "get out and ride" defense is funny, as well as hypocritical.
>

> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

That was a quick attempt to keep my message from seeming hostile. The statement is hypocritical as I
haven't ridden in 2 weeks since I broke my elbow. Anyway, so sorry you've had a bad day, hope things
go better for you.

"Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

| That was a quick attempt to keep my message from seeming hostile. The statement is hypocritical as
| I haven't ridden in 2 weeks since I broke my elbow. Anyway, so sorry you've had a bad day, hope
| things go better for you.

Again, another funny usenet fallacy rears its ugly head.

Why do you think I've had a bad day just because you are flailing around?

I'm having a great day fruitloop!