o.t. the war??????????

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nibbles, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. Nibbles

    Nibbles Guest

    "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

    nibbles

    Tags:

  2. Max

    Max Guest

    "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    >

    > nibbles

    Aye,and bush not starting a war was about as likely as Viking Windeyman turning up at the next Red
    Bull challenge, Clad in lycra shorts and saying "right chaps lets go carve up some single track."

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

    I hope you're not trying to pass that as your own.

    Bill "the Donald will be pissed at ya" S.

  4. Jed Thompson

    Jed Thompson Guest

    > > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    >
    > I hope you're not trying to pass that as your own.
    >
    > Bill "the Donald will be pissed at ya" S.

    Most people do not put quotes around their own sentences.

    Jed

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Jed Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    > >
    > > I hope you're not trying to pass that as your own.
    > >
    > > Bill "the Donald will be pissed at ya" S.
    > >

    > Most people do not put quotes around their own sentences.

    Educated/honest people attribute their quotations (or say they don't know who said it).

    Bill "cooked some meat for dinner" S.

  6. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    >

    > nibbles

    I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed to brainwash. I don't
    support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is more important to mend relations with the Arabs
    than to slaughter them over a hunch. Anyway, I'm not gonna get into it right now, but I do feel like
    bashing the French some. So here goes... These quotes were all taken from
    http://www.twin-towers.net/french_military_victories.htm .

    When they pulled out of NATO 40 years ago and declared Americans must close down their bases in
    France, Secretary of State Dean Rusk had a bitterly caustic response: "Should we dig up the graves
    of American soldiers in Normandy, too, and take them home?"

    No French answer was recorded.

    "Did you see the new bomb the government came up with? It weights 21,000 pounds. The Air Force
    tested this bomb in Florida and the bomb blast was so strong at Disneyworld 25 French tourists
    surrendered." -Jay Leno

    Jay Leno says it's no surprise the French won't help us get Saddam Hussein out of Iraq. They didn't
    help us get Germany out of France, either. Still, it's essential for them to join us in the war
    against Iraq. They can teach the Iraqis how to surrender.

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --- General
    George S. Patton

    "The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."
    --David Letterman

  7. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

  8. "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    | >

    | > nibbles
    | >

    | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed to brainwash. I don't
    | support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is more important to mend relations with the Arabs
    | than to slaughter them over a hunch.

    You are clueless, in more ways than one.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  9. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed
    > | brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
    more
    > | important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over a hunch.
    >
    > You are clueless, in more ways than one.
    >
    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html

    I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp

    "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq and goes forward with
    military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half of Americans would oppose an invasion of Iraq,
    while 47% would be in favor. "

    ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)

  10. "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
    | > | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed
    | > | brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
    | more
    | > | important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over a hunch.
    | >
    | > You are clueless, in more ways than one.
    | >
    | > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html
    |
    | I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
    | http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp
    |
    | "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq and goes forward with
    | military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half of Americans would oppose an invasion of
    | Iraq, while 47% would be in favor. "
    |
    | ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)

    Not neccessary. Just look at the date of that poll.

    "The poll was conducted March 14-15, prior to the meeting of U.S. President George Bush, British
    Prime Minister Tony Blair, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, and their host, Portuguese Prime
    Minister Jose Durao Barroso, to discuss diplomatic options on Iraq."

    Furthermore:

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030318.asp

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  11. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    "

    > | ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)
    >
    > Not neccessary. Just look at the date of that poll.
    >
    > "The poll was conducted March 14-15, prior to the meeting of U.S.
    President George Bush,
    > British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria
    Aznar, and their
    > host, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Durao Barroso, to discuss diplomatic
    options on
    > Iraq."
    >
    > Furthermore:
    >
    > http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030318.asp

    Yeah, I saw that too - it's really 2 different polls. It is quite interesting - but not surprising -
    how many people just a few days ago stated they were against this are now committed to seeing this
    through. I know this feeling myself; I've thought all along Bush has cranial rectitus, but if we're
    going to do it let's not do it 0.5 assed. It do think, however, there is a distinction of being "in
    favor" of war (first poll) as opposed to backing your country (second poll).

  12. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > | I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
    > > | http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp
    > > |
    > > | "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq
    > and
    > > | goes forward with military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half
    > of
    > > | Americans would oppose an invasion of Iraq, while 47% would be in
    favor.
    > "
    > > |
    > > | ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to
    dispute
    > > | these! ;)
    > >
    > > Not neccessary. Just look at the date of that poll.
    > >
    > > "The poll was conducted March 14-15, prior to the meeting of U.S.
    > President George Bush,
    > > British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria
    > Aznar, and their
    > > host, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Durao Barroso, to discuss
    diplomatic
    > options on
    > > Iraq."
    > >
    > > Furthermore:
    > >
    > > http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030318.asp
    >
    > Yeah, I saw that too - it's really 2 different polls. It is quite interesting - but not surprising
    > - how many people just a few days ago stated they were against this are now committed to seeing
    > this through. I know this feeling myself; I've thought all along Bush has cranial
    rectitus,
    > but if we're going to do it let's not do it 0.5 assed. It do think, however, there is a
    > distinction of being "in favor" of war (first poll) as opposed to backing your country
    > (second poll).

    A large distinction. A very valid point.

    Westie.

  13. Nibbles

    Nibbles Guest

    naa, it wasnt intended to look like mine, i read it on a site somewhere, cant remember who wrote
    it though.

    "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    > >

    > > nibbles
    > >

    > I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has failed
    > brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
    more
    > important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over a hunch. Anyway, I'm not
    > gonna get into it right now, but I do feel like bashing the French some. So here goes... These
    > quotes were all taken
    from
    > http://www.twin-towers.net/french_military_victories.htm .
    >
    > When they pulled out of NATO 40 years ago and declared Americans must
    close
    > down their bases in France, Secretary of State Dean Rusk had a bitterly caustic response: "Should
    > we dig up the graves of American soldiers in Normandy, too, and take them home?"
    >
    > No French answer was recorded.
    >

    > "Did you see the new bomb the government came up with? It weights 21,000 pounds. The Air Force
    > tested this bomb in Florida and the bomb blast was
    so
    > strong at Disneyworld 25 French tourists surrendered." -Jay Leno
    >

    > Jay Leno says it's no surprise the French won't help us get Saddam Hussein out of Iraq. They
    > didn't help us get Germany out of France, either.
    Still,
    > it's essential for them to join us in the war against Iraq. They can
    teach
    > the Iraqis how to surrender.
    >

    > "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --- General
    > George S. Patton
    >

    > "The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into
    Paris
    > under a German flag." --David Letterman

  14. Lightweight says, in part:

    >They didn't help us get Germany out of France, either.

    Suggest you do a search for "maquis" and/or "partisans" and check up on who they were and what
    they did ;-)

    Steve

  15. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
    > > | I am one of the 150 million or so people in America that Bush has
    failed
    > > | brainwash. I don't support war with Iraq mainly because I think it is
    > more
    > > | important to mend relations with the Arabs than to slaughter them over
    > > | hunch.
    > >
    > > You are clueless, in more ways than one.
    > >
    > > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49173-2003Mar18.html
    >
    > I suppose one's cluelessness depends on which survey is used...
    > http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030317.asp
    >
    > "If the United States decides not to offer any new resolutions on Iraq and goes forward with
    > military action without a new U.N. vote at all, half of Americans would oppose an invasion of
    > Iraq, while 47% would be in favor. "
    >
    > ...and I'm sure it won't be hard to find other made-up facts to dispute these! ;)

    thread. You guys are too uptight. Next time I'll be sure my numbers are accurate to within 3 digits.
    I really meant 92.8 million Americans, but that's assuming there are 320 million of us around, I'm
    sure that number doesn't meet your standards either though. Get out and ride your damn bike instead
    of nit-picking a non-scientific thread.

  16. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > thread. You guys are too uptight. Next time I'll be sure my numbers are accurate to within 3
    > digits. I really meant 92.8 million Americans, but that's assuming there are 320 million of us
    > around, I'm sure that number doesn't meet your standards either though. Get out and ride your damn
    bike
    > instead of nit-picking a non-scientific thread.

    ...and you say *we* are uptight! ;)

  17. "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | thread. You guys are too uptight. Next time I'll be sure my numbers are accurate to within 3
    | digits. I really meant 92.8 million Americans, but that's assuming there are 320 million of us
    | around, I'm sure that number doesn't meet your standards either though. Get out and ride your damn
    | bike instead of nit-picking a non-scientific thread.

    Your assumption is wrong. 290 +/- million.

    Your classic "get out and ride" defense is funny, as well as hypocritical.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  18. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

  19. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Your assumption is wrong. 290 +/- million.
    >
    > Your classic "get out and ride" defense is funny, as well as hypocritical.
    >

    > --
    > Pete Fagerlin
    >
    > Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

    That was a quick attempt to keep my message from seeming hostile. The statement is hypocritical as I
    haven't ridden in 2 weeks since I broke my elbow. Anyway, so sorry you've had a bad day, hope things
    go better for you.

  20. "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | That was a quick attempt to keep my message from seeming hostile. The statement is hypocritical as
    | I haven't ridden in 2 weeks since I broke my elbow. Anyway, so sorry you've had a bad day, hope
    | things go better for you.

    Again, another funny usenet fallacy rears its ugly head.

    Why do you think I've had a bad day just because you are flailing around?

    I'm having a great day fruitloop!