Oakley Factory Pilot Left hand arm

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Gerallt Jones, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Hi all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have an old pair of Oakley Factory Pilot
    sunglassess, but I have lost the left hand arm and 'wrap around the ear' extension which has
    rendered them useless.

    I know that they are old but they were a gift from my parents and thus carry some sentimental value.

    Does anyone here have or know anybody who'm might have, or of a shop that has some old stock of
    Oakley spares who might be able to help me out.

    I require the LEFT hand arm and 'around the ear' extension to it.

    I have been in touch with Oakley UK, no luck.

    Cost would not be an issue.

    Thanks in advance,

    Gerallt Bryfdir Jones.

    Please reply to [email protected] but revmoving all the dashes.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Dwyer

    Jim Dwyer Guest

    Send them back to Oakley and they will fix them for free.

    Jim

  3. Jim Dwyer wrote:

    >>Does anyone here have or know anybody who'm might have, or of a shop that has some old stock of
    >>Oakley spares who might be able to help me out.
    >>
    >>I require the LEFT hand arm and 'around the ear' extension to it.
    >>
    >>I have been in touch with Oakley UK, no luck.

    > Send them back to Oakley and they will fix them for free.

    1) i have moved your comment to the correct place (ie the bottom)
    2) did you miss the bit where the OP stated he'd tried Oakley with no luck?

    --
    Dnc

  4. Jinx

    Jinx Guest

    "Gerallt Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have an old pair of Oakley Factory Pilot
    > sunglassess, but I have lost
    the
    > left hand arm and 'wrap around the ear' extension which has rendered them useless.
    >
    > I know that they are old but they were a gift from my parents and thus
    carry
    > some sentimental value.
    >
    > Does anyone here have or know anybody who'm might have, or of a shop that has some old stock of
    > Oakley spares who might be able to help me out.
    >
    > I require the LEFT hand arm and 'around the ear' extension to it.
    >
    > I have been in touch with Oakley UK, no luck.
    >
    > Cost would not be an issue.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Gerallt Bryfdir Jones.
    >
    > Please reply to [email protected] but revmoving all the dashes.

    try www.nfr.co.uk Nationwide frame repairs. I used them a couple of years ago to repair an old pair
    of my wife's Ray-bans. Their site says they can get spares for Oakley so worth enquiring

    rgds

    Malcolm

  5. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Doesnotcompute wrote:
    > Jim Dwyer wrote:
    >
    >>> Does anyone here have or know anybody who'm might have, or of a shop that has some old stock of
    >>> Oakley spares who might be able to help me out.
    >>>
    >>> I require the LEFT hand arm and 'around the ear' extension to it.
    >>>
    >>> I have been in touch with Oakley UK, no luck.
    >
    > > Send them back to Oakley and they will fix them for free.
    > >

    > 2) did you miss the bit where the OP stated he'd tried Oakley with no luck?

    He probably did. Oakley USA have a reputation for repairing anything sent to them.

  6. Jim Dwyer

    Jim Dwyer Guest

    "Doesnotcompute" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jim Dwyer wrote:
    >
    > >>Does anyone here have or know anybody who'm might have, or of a shop
    that
    > >>has some old stock of Oakley spares who might be able to help me out.
    > >>
    > >>I require the LEFT hand arm and 'around the ear' extension to it.
    > >>
    > >>I have been in touch with Oakley UK, no luck.
    >
    > > Send them back to Oakley and they will fix them for free.
    > >

    > 1) i have moved your comment to the correct place (ie the bottom)
    > 2) did you miss the bit where the OP stated he'd tried Oakley with no
    luck?

    > --
    > Dnc

    Yes

    Jim

  7. I've had good luck with my oakleys. While out riding a week ago, I shook my head (bee headed toward
    my helmet!) and they fell off and went under the wheels of the car not too far behind me. I figured
    they were gone for good (they're pretty old, so it wouldn't have been a huge loss). Instead, all I
    had to do was pop the left arm back on. I was pretty surprised!

    --
    David N. Welton Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/ Personal: http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/ Free
    Software: http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/ Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

  8. "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I've had good luck with my oakleys. While out riding a week ago, I shook my head (bee headed
    > toward my helmet!) and they fell off and went under the wheels of the car not too far behind me. I
    > figured they were gone for good (they're pretty old, so it wouldn't have been a huge loss).
    > Instead, all I had to do was pop the left arm back on. I was pretty surprised!

    That's funny. A few months ago I was making a descent, and passed a truck. I turned my head to check
    where he was, and my 10-year-old Oakley's flew off. So I had to slow from 58mph and go back up to
    get them. All I found were pieces of plastic, and a bent lens.

    Slightly amusing, since the original packaging said something about "if a lear jet lands on them,
    just pop the earpiece back into place". But my next pair of glasses were Oakley's anyway ;)

    Shayne Wissler

  9. "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Doesnotcompute wrote:

    > > > Send them back to Oakley and they will fix them for free.
    > > >

    > > 2) did you miss the bit where the OP stated he'd tried Oakley with no luck?
    >
    > He probably did. Oakley USA have a reputation for repairing anything sent
    > them.

    Hi, I have emailed Oakley in USA and in UK, a few days ago. Before posting here I telephoned Oakley
    UK who said that parts were unavailable. I have not yet received a reply from Oakley USA, I suppose
    they're busy. Anyhows, some kind people are willing to send some parts over, all I would like to get
    now would be the wrap around the ear extension to the arm. Thanks to all of you for your help and
    suggestions.

    All the best,

    Gerallt.

  10. Hey,

    Holy Jeepers!! You mean to tell me that one of you RBR Douchebags can't part with the Pilots that
    you wear every day driving on the expessway to get to your little office?

    The guy just wants someone to send him a part. Looks like he'll pay for it. He isn't going to send
    his sentimental glasses back to the Irvine Orgy House for a quick lost in the mailroom episode.

    Mail yours to him via USPS mail, and be done with it. And while your at it, lose the dorky sandals.
    Summer is over. Time to grow up.

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    (Looking for a well kept Skid Lid and low use BioPace chainring)

  11. Rob Benetton

    Rob Benetton Guest

    I believe I have a complete kit of new spare arms,I will check and get back to you Please contact me
    by email friday.Regards,Bob

    "Jinx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Gerallt Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have an old pair of Oakley Factory Pilot
    > > sunglassess, but I have lost
    > the
    > > left hand arm and 'wrap around the ear' extension which has rendered them useless.
    > >
    > > I know that they are old but they were a gift from my parents and thus
    > carry
    > > some sentimental value.
    > >
    > > Does anyone here have or know anybody who'm might have, or of a shop that has some old stock of
    > > Oakley spares who might be able to help me out.
    > >
    > > I require the LEFT hand arm and 'around the ear' extension to it.
    > >
    > > I have been in touch with Oakley UK, no luck.
    > >
    > > Cost would not be an issue.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Gerallt Bryfdir Jones.
    > >
    > > Please reply to [email protected] but revmoving all the dashes.
    > >

    > try www.nfr.co.uk Nationwide frame repairs. I used them a couple of years ago to repair an old
    > pair of my wife's Ray-bans. Their site says they can get spares for Oakley so worth enquiring
    >
    > rgds
    >
    > Malcolm

  12. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Shayne Wissler" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > All I found were pieces of plastic, and a bent lens.
    >
    > Slightly amusing, since the original packaging said something about "if a lear jet lands on them,
    > just pop the earpiece back into place". But my
    next
    > pair of glasses were Oakley's anyway ;)
    >

    > Shayne Wissler

    You might be able to get them replaced for $25 from Oakley. I have done it a half dozen times
    although usually they were only broken in half from the cracks that develop from changing the lenses
    a hundred times or so. I have never been turned down. Note that the only "M-frames" covered these
    days are the "Pro M" and the "New M" (looks like the Pro-M but with hinges). The first generation
    M-frames are no longer covered by the replacement policy. I too have a set of Pro M frames that were
    run over and now reside in 4 pieces with gouges on them. I don't really need another set but some
    day I will get around to trying to get those replaced too.

    Good luck.

  13. Les Kennedy

    Les Kennedy Guest

    I've still got my old Oakley Pilots somewhere - if I can find them - you are welcome to the
    earpiece. I never used those loopy ones. I really loved those shades!

    --

    "Rob Benetton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I believe I have a complete kit of new spare arms,I will check and get back to you Please contact
    > me by email friday.Regards,Bob
    >
    > "Jinx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Gerallt Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have an old pair of Oakley Factory Pilot
    > > > sunglassess, but I have
    lost