oakley sunglasses

Brink

Guest
1)Anybody use Oakley Half Jacket sun glasses for road
biking? Do they keep out debris and wind?

2) Same question for Oakley M Frames withh non-vented
lenses?

I am only interested in these 2 frames

--Brink

"Brink" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1)Anybody use Oakley Half Jacket sun glasses for road
> biking? Do they keep out debris and wind?
>
> 2) Same question for Oakley M Frames withh non-vented
> lenses?
>

> I am only interested in these 2 frames
>
> --Brink

Oakley M frames are probably the best I've used for wind and
general eye protection while riding.

Word of caution: The farther you are from you bike, the
stupider your Oakleys look. ;-)

Bob C.

Brink wrote:
> 1)Anybody use Oakley Half Jacket sun glasses for road
> biking? Do they keep out debris and wind?
>
> 2) Same question for Oakley M Frames withh non-vented
> lenses?
>

> I am only interested in these 2 frames
>
> --Brink
I wear the Valves and my wife wears the Half-Jackets. Both
are incredible optically and keep almost all the debris out.
Lately its been REALLY windy around here and I have gotten
some crud in my eyes. Dont think any glasses (maybe goggles)
could have stopped that.

I thought the M-Frames looked goofy even on the bike but
looking goofy doesnt usually stop me. I liked the Valves
much better and the kids in the neighborhood are jealous
of my shades. I use Smith's when I need to change the
gradient or color.

I wear contacts when I ride so wind protection and debris
were of the utmost importance. In retrospect all the
sunglasses I have worn since getting them do an adequate job
of protection except in the most extreme windy situtations.
The Oakley's however blow every other one away it terms of
optical quality. Just my .02

Originally posted by Brink
1)Anybody use Oakley Half Jacket sun glasses for road
biking? Do they keep out debris and wind?

2) Same question for Oakley M Frames withh non-vented
lenses?

I am only interested in these 2 frames

--Brink

I have a pair of Half Jackets and worethem on the bike once when I forgot me Rudys.

They were OK visibility wise but it felt like they were always going to fall off.

If it was a choice of the two I go for the M Frames. There lots of colours, materials and lenses to choose from/

>1)Anybody use Oakley Half Jacket sun glasses for road
> biking? Do they keep out debris and wind?
>
>2) Same question for Oakley M Frames withh non-vented
> lenses?
>

>I am only interested in these 2 frames
>
>--Brink

I just bought a pair of M Frames 2 weeks ago and I love
them. I wear contacts to the least little amount of wind
will affect me. The M Frames have kept the wind out
perfectly. I have also ridden in rain with them and had not
problems with water or debris getting in my eyes.

In article <[email protected]>, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Brink" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > 1)Anybody use Oakley Half Jacket sun glasses for road
> > biking? Do they keep out debris and wind?
> >
> > 2) Same question for Oakley M Frames withh non-vented
> > lenses?
> >

> > I am only interested in these 2 frames
> >
> > --Brink
>
> Oakley M frames are probably the best I've used for wind
> and general eye protection while riding.
>
> Word of caution: The farther you are from you bike, the
> stupider your Oakleys look. ;-)
>
> Bob C.

This is not true!

The farther you are from your bike, the more stupid YOU
look!

Of course, in my case, hiding behind my M frames is a big
improvement!

HAND