oakleys - getting prescription lenses

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by duffyx, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. duffyx

    duffyx New Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2003
    i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of where i can go that's not going to cost the earth?
    or indeed whether it's a good idea?

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. That's what I do and I am blind as a bat.

    <ouch> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
    > >where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
    > >
    > >thanks
    >
    > I used to have a pair of 'Killer Loop' sunglasses to which I had prescription lenses fitted. They
    > made them much heavier than I liked and I don't use them anymore.
    >
    > Now I have a pair of Oakley Juliette's which I use with my contact lenses. Much better.
    >
    > Might depend on how bad your eyes are and how heavy the rims are. My eyes are pretty bad, hence
    > quite heavy lenses. Also a problem if you need to take your sunglasses off, esp. at this time of
    > year when it gets dark quickly, because then you can no longer see.
    >
    > I would go for contact lenses + normal sunglasses though I'm sure others have different opinions.

  3. Ouch

    Ouch Guest

    >i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of where
    >i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
    >
    >thanks

    I used to have a pair of 'Killer Loop' sunglasses to which I had prescription lenses fitted. They
    made them much heavier than I liked and I don't use them anymore.

    Now I have a pair of Oakley Juliette's which I use with my contact lenses. Much better.

    Might depend on how bad your eyes are and how heavy the rims are. My eyes are pretty bad, hence
    quite heavy lenses. Also a problem if you need to take your sunglasses off, esp. at this time of
    year when it gets dark quickly, because then you can no longer see.

    I would go for contact lenses + normal sunglasses though I'm sure others have different opinions.

  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "duffyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
    > where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
    >
    > thanks

    Any registered Oakley dealer (Optician) can get them done for you but you will probably find that
    prices are all the same. Oakley price fix everything. If you don't sell at their reccomended price
    you lose your distribution rights.

    Your optician should be able to tell you if the frames are suitable for reglazing.

  5. I wanted a pair of Oakley sunglasses this summer, but could not have Oakley lenses fitted as my
    prescription was outside the Oakley range (I have an astigmatism so my eyes are egg-shaped instead
    of spherical, my eyes are misalligned so I need to have prisms in the lenses and my retinas are
    tilted so I have some periferal-vision blind-spots - no wonder Oakley couldn't accomodate me!) but
    my optician fitted another company's lenses in the frames and they're brilliant - I'm delighted with
    them and it only cost £250 complete.

    andrew wrote:
    > "duffyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
    >> where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >
    > When I enquired they said they would be £129 for the lenses alone. You can buy a lot of daily
    > contact lenses for that money, 129 pairs if memory serves.
    >
    > A mate of mine had some made by an optician which cost him a lot less but then they are not Oakley
    > lenses and do fall out from time to time.
    >
    > Yer pays yer money....
    >

    >> --

  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    "duffyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
    > where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
    >
    > thanks

    When I enquired they said they would be £129 for the lenses alone. You can buy a lot of daily
    contact lenses for that money, 129 pairs if memory serves.

    A mate of mine had some made by an optician which cost him a lot less but then they are not Oakley
    lenses and do fall out from time to time.

    Yer pays yer money....

    --
    Andrew

    "Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, just
    stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options afterwards."