oakleys - getting prescription lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffyx

May 29, 2003
i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of where i can go that's not going to cost the earth?
or indeed whether it's a good idea?

thanks

That's what I do and I am blind as a bat.

<ouch> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
> >where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
> >
> >thanks
>
> I used to have a pair of 'Killer Loop' sunglasses to which I had prescription lenses fitted. They
> made them much heavier than I liked and I don't use them anymore.
>
> Now I have a pair of Oakley Juliette's which I use with my contact lenses. Much better.
>
> Might depend on how bad your eyes are and how heavy the rims are. My eyes are pretty bad, hence
> quite heavy lenses. Also a problem if you need to take your sunglasses off, esp. at this time of
> year when it gets dark quickly, because then you can no longer see.
>
> I would go for contact lenses + normal sunglasses though I'm sure others have different opinions.

>i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of where
>i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
>
>thanks

I used to have a pair of 'Killer Loop' sunglasses to which I had prescription lenses fitted. They
made them much heavier than I liked and I don't use them anymore.

Now I have a pair of Oakley Juliette's which I use with my contact lenses. Much better.

Might depend on how bad your eyes are and how heavy the rims are. My eyes are pretty bad, hence
quite heavy lenses. Also a problem if you need to take your sunglasses off, esp. at this time of
year when it gets dark quickly, because then you can no longer see.

I would go for contact lenses + normal sunglasses though I'm sure others have different opinions.

"duffyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
> where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
>
> thanks

Any registered Oakley dealer (Optician) can get them done for you but you will probably find that
prices are all the same. Oakley price fix everything. If you don't sell at their reccomended price
you lose your distribution rights.

Your optician should be able to tell you if the frames are suitable for reglazing.

I wanted a pair of Oakley sunglasses this summer, but could not have Oakley lenses fitted as my
prescription was outside the Oakley range (I have an astigmatism so my eyes are egg-shaped instead
of spherical, my eyes are misalligned so I need to have prisms in the lenses and my retinas are
tilted so I have some periferal-vision blind-spots - no wonder Oakley couldn't accomodate me!) but
my optician fitted another company's lenses in the frames and they're brilliant - I'm delighted with
them and it only cost £250 complete.

andrew wrote:
> "duffyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
>> where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
>>
>> thanks
>
> When I enquired they said they would be £129 for the lenses alone. You can buy a lot of daily
> contact lenses for that money, 129 pairs if memory serves.
>
> A mate of mine had some made by an optician which cost him a lot less but then they are not Oakley
> lenses and do fall out from time to time.
>
> Yer pays yer money....
>
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>> --------------------------<
>> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

"duffyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> i've a pair of why 3s and need to get them fitted w px lenses - anyone got any suggestions of
> where i can go that's not going to cost the earth? or indeed whether it's a good idea?
>
> thanks

When I enquired they said they would be £129 for the lenses alone. You can buy a lot of daily
contact lenses for that money, 129 pairs if memory serves.

A mate of mine had some made by an optician which cost him a lot less but then they are not Oakley
lenses and do fall out from time to time.

Yer pays yer money....

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, just
stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options afterwards."

>
>
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.