Oatmeal 1

Zxcvbob

Guest
Old fashioned rolled oats or "quick" oats? The recipe doesn't specify.

Thanks, regards, Bob

zxcvbob wrote:
> Old fashioned rolled oats or "quick" oats? The recipe doesn't specify.
>
> Thanks, regards, Bob

I believe it's the "Quick" oats.

Jill

"zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Old fashioned rolled oats or "quick" oats? The recipe doesn't specify.
>
> Thanks, regards, Bob

Funny you should ask...I just made these last night. I use the quick oats, and I like to lightly
toast them. It adds a whole new dimension to the flavor when they're finished.

kimberly

i would go for the good old fashioned ones, you can't beat them. jumbo oats if you can get them.

in article [email protected], jmcquown at

> zxcvbob wrote:
>> Old fashioned rolled oats or "quick" oats? The recipe doesn't specify.
>>
>> Thanks, regards, Bob
>
> I believe it's the "Quick" oats.
>
> Jill

I have used either of the Quaker oats products (the 1 minute "Quick" and the 5 minute "old
fashioned) and they are interchangeable in cookie recipes.

The texture is different and you may find you prefer one to the other (I prefer the old fashioned),
but they are interchangeable in recipes.

The old fashioned "flakes" of oatmeal are bigger, so the oats are more distinct. The "quick" are
more like small flakes, and they blend into the dough more thoroughly.

Nexis wrote:
> "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
>
>>Old fashioned rolled oats or "quick" oats? The recipe doesn't specify.
>>
>>Thanks, regards, Bob
>

> Funny you should ask...I just made these last night. I use the quick oats, and I like to lightly
> toast them. It adds a whole new dimension to the flavor when they're finished.
>
> kimberly

Toasting the oatmeal sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

I'm gonna leave out the cinnamon and use up some leftover chocolate chips instead of the
butterscotch chips.

Best regards, Bob

"paula" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> i would go for the good old fashioned ones, you can't beat them. jumbo oats if you can get them.

Agreed...I never use the quick-cooking sort. Our local health co-op sells extra thick oats and I use
them in tons of baked goods (and home-made granolas).

Another Paula