oatmeal breakfast cookie type thing for Lee and whomever

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lesanne, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    1/2 cup benecol or equivalent margarine (Spectrum et al) 1 egg One small mashed ripe banana 1
    tsp vanilla
    2/2 cup brown sugar (I used splenda here) 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 1 cup w w pastry flour
    3/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
    4/2 cup chopped walnuts
    5/2 cup golden raisins

    mix all and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes

    I roll this in parchment paper and chill, then cut them into 12 equal pieces for large cookies
    that make a nice breakfast. I frequently add 1/2 cup flax seed to this. 6 points each if made with
    the splenda.

    Tags:

  2. Thanks, What is the difference between regular flour and WW flour? Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1/2 cup benecol or equivalent margarine (Spectrum et al) 1 egg One small mashed ripe banana 1 tsp
    > vanilla
    > 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used splenda here) 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 1 cup w w pastry flour
    > 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
    > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    > 1/2 cup golden raisins
    >
    > mix all and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes
    >
    > I roll this in parchment paper and chill, then cut them into 12 equal
    pieces
    > for large cookies that make a nice breakfast. I frequently add 1/2 cup
    flax
    > seed to this. 6 points each if made with the splenda.

  3. SBarbour

    SBarbour Guest

    I assumed that "ww" meant whole wheat. Sharon

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Thanks, What is the difference between regular flour and WW flour? Lee Lesanne
    > > 1/2 cup benecol or equivalent margarine (Spectrum et al) 1 egg One small mashed ripe banana 1
    > > tsp vanilla
    > > 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used splenda here) 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 1 cup w w pastry flour
    > > 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
    > > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    > > 1/2 cup golden raisins
    > >
    > > mix all and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes
    > >
    > > I roll this in parchment paper and chill, then cut them into 12 equal
    > pieces
    > > for large cookies that make a nice breakfast. I frequently add 1/2 cup
    > flax
    > > seed to this. 6 points each if made with the splenda.

  4. Duhhh!!! Lee
    SBarbour <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I assumed that "ww" meant whole wheat. Sharon
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Thanks, What is the difference between regular flour and WW flour? Lee Lesanne
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > 1/2 cup benecol or equivalent margarine (Spectrum et al) 1 egg One small mashed ripe banana 1
    > > > tsp vanilla
    > > > 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used splenda here) 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 1 cup w w pastry flour
    > > > 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
    > > > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    > > > 1/2 cup golden raisins
    > > >
    > > > mix all and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes
    > > >
    > > > I roll this in parchment paper and chill, then cut them into 12 equal
    > > pieces
    > > > for large cookies that make a nice breakfast. I frequently add 1/2
    cup
    > > flax
    > > > seed to this. 6 points each if made with the splenda.

  5. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    whole wheat :)

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Thanks, What is the difference between regular flour and WW flour? Lee Lesanne
    > > 1/2 cup benecol or equivalent margarine (Spectrum et al) 1 egg One small mashed ripe banana 1
    > > tsp vanilla
    > > 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used splenda here) 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 1 cup w w pastry flour
    > > 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
    > > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    > > 1/2 cup golden raisins
    > >
    > > mix all and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes
    > >
    > > I roll this in parchment paper and chill, then cut them into 12 equal
    > pieces
    > > for large cookies that make a nice breakfast. I frequently add 1/2 cup
    > flax
    > > seed to this. 6 points each if made with the splenda.

  6. I was somehow in a mental coma, was trying to figure out what would weight
    watchers do to flour to lighten it up, a big sign for me today, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > whole wheat :)
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Thanks, What is the difference between regular flour and WW flour? Lee Lesanne
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > 1/2 cup benecol or equivalent margarine (Spectrum et al) 1 egg One small mashed ripe banana 1
    > > > tsp vanilla
    > > > 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used splenda here) 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 1 cup w w pastry flour
    > > > 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
    > > > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    > > > 1/2 cup golden raisins
    > > >
    > > > mix all and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes
    > > >
    > > > I roll this in parchment paper and chill, then cut them into 12 equal
    > > pieces
    > > > for large cookies that make a nice breakfast. I frequently add 1/2
    cup
    > > flax
    > > > seed to this. 6 points each if made with the splenda.

  7. Isabela

    Isabela Guest

    Lesanne...thank you so much for posting this! I recently lost a recipe that was a type of
    breakfast cookie that i loved. These look like a fantastic subsitute and one that i can grab and
    eat on the run.

    isabela