OBs: Do You Look Good In An Orange Jumpsuit?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Todd Gastaldo, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. OBs: DO YOU LOOK GOOD IN AN ORANGE JUMPSUIT?

    You could eventually be wearing Orange Jumpsuits if you don't stop closing birth canals up to 30%.
    For details, see PREGNANT WOMEN below.

    I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. See below.

    THE CODING INSTITUTE AND ORANGE JUMPSUITS...

    Samantha Gardiner, president of The Coding Institute.com asks:

    "Do You Look Good in An Orange Jumpsuit?...That could be your attire if you don't know the target
    areas of the [Medicare Office of the Inspector General]...Medicare...fraud investigations are
    heating up...Find out...what federal and state investigators will be scrutinizing in the months
    ahead...ncover the secrets to avoiding fraud investigations during 2004....." --Codinginstitute
    advertisement, Medical News Wire 03/01/04

    OBs: The Medicare (DHHS?) Office of the Inspector General apparently has jurisdiction over
    some births:

    "Medicare covers...6,000 of the 4 million US deliveries a year." http://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr09-25-
    03.cfm

    list/message/2343)

    Samantha Gardiner President The Coding Institute 2272 Airport Road South Naples, FL 34112 239-261-
    4335 / 800-508-2582 [email protected]

    Samantha,

    I *liked* your "Do You Look Good In An Orange Jumpsuit" advertisement for your teleconference!

    You solicit suggestions:

    "We would love to hear from you...Please feel free to contact us with any comments, suggestions, or
    feedback. http://codinginstitute.com/contact.html

    SUGGESTIONS

    1. I suggest that federal and state health fraud investigators should be scrutinizing OBSTETRICIANS
    in the months ahead.

    Obstetricians are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals up to 30%!

    In ACOG's Shoulder Dystocia Drill video, American MDs purport to tell each other how to allow birth
    canals to open maximally when shoulders get stuck - which means MDs know they are CLOSING birth
    canals most of the time. The kicker is that ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open
    actually keeps it closed!

    2. I suggest further that the Coding Institute should mention the obvious birth-canal-closing
    obstetric health fraud in all its teleconferences. Teleconference participants could inform
    pregnant friends and relatives about the fraud - tell them how to OPEN their birth canals -
    and begin encouraging state and federal health fraud investigators to stop OBs from CLOSING
    birth canals.

    As noted above, the Medicare (DHHS?) Office of the Inspector General apparently has jurisdiction
    over some births:

    "Medicare covers...6,000 of the 4 million US deliveries a year." http://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr09-25-
    03.cfm

    ATTORNEY WAYNE J. MILLER (www.reish.com)

    Samantha, your "Orange Jumpsuit" teleconference involves attorney Wayne J. Miller, a founding
    partner of the Compliance Law Group, Los Angeles, a law firm focused on health care industry legal
    compliance.

    Maybe Wayne knows birth trauma attorneys who are not afraid to tell juries that MDs are closing
    birth canals?

    According to the www.reish.com website,

    "Wayne is a frequent speaker to physician and hospital associations on healthcare topics."
    http://www.reish.com/attorneys/Bios/miller_w.OLD

    I'll copy Wayne at [email protected]

    Wayne, since you are a frequent speaker to physician and hospital associations on
    healthcare topics...

    Please tell physicians and hospital associations to tell MD-obstetricians: If you must push or pull
    - and sometimes you must - first get the woman off her sacrum - off her butt/back.

    Hospitals will want to PREVENT huge jury verdicts by stopping OBs...

    list/message/2340

    PREGNANT WOMEN: It's true: MDs, MBs and midwives (esp. CNMwives) are closing birth canals up to 30%.
    To allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30% simply roll onto your side as you push your
    baby out. Or go to hands-and-knees, or kneel or stand or squat - LOTS of "alternative" delivery
    positions allow the birth canal to open the "extra" up to 30%.

    Talk to your MD, MB or midwife about this today. BEWARE THOUGH: Some MDs, MBs and midwives (esp.
    CNMwives; see below) like semisitting so much they allow women to labor in "alternative" positions
    but then move them to semisitting (close their birth canals!) for the actual delivery! Make sure
    your MD, MB, or midwife promises not to close your birth canal as you push your baby out!

    LADIES: I say again, obstetricians are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals up to 30%!

    list/message/2300

    I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic prime cuts forced through this
    culture's most powerful mental meatgrinder - medical school.

    Thanks for reading everyone.

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

    PS1 Readers, I know nothing about Samantha's/The Coding Institute's teleconferences, but they seem
    useful, so...

    The Coding Institute's '2004 Regulatory Update for Billers and Coders' teleconference (Atty Wayne
    Miller will participate) happens this Thursday, March 4 at
    1:00 pm ET (12pm CT/ 11am MT/ 10 am PT)...Register today by clicking here
    http://codinginstitute.com/offer/1746 or by calling 800-508-2582.

    PS2 SOME **MIDWIVES** COULD BE WEARING ORANGE JUMPSUITS...

    A midwife reportedly asked snidely (as she placed Dagny semisitting to deliver):

    "BEEN READING TODD GASTALDO HAVE YOU?" (emphasis added)

    Dagny,

    WHAT!?

    A midwife placed you semisitting for delivery as she said, "Been reading Todd Gastaldo have
    you?" (??!!)

    This midwife either hasn't read WHY I say don't place women semisitting - OR she is a "prisoner of
    protocol" - willing to risk sacrificing lives and limbs and vaginas.

    She is obviously CRIMINALLY endangering lives and limbs and vaginas.

    The fact that DAs do not yet prosecute this obvious crime does not mean it is not a crime.

    list/message/2310

    Dagny, your midwife's bizarre birth behavior reminds me that Yale CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney
    ignored my pleas years ago and STILL writes (in the 2004 edition of her text) that "midwives" (not
    just CNMwives!) promote semisitting.

    list/message/2341

    "Dagny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Todd Gastaldo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > > Dagny, you wrote:
    > >
    > > "Of course my body was screaming at me not to be in the position she was born in and I am not
    > > going to repeat that scenario in a future birth."
    > >
    > > Whatever position you were in - I must give my usual warning to pregnant women - do not deliver
    > > on you back/butt because it closes your birth
    canal
    > > up to 30%.
    >
    > Easy to say Todd but hard to follow through on in an assisted birth -- particularly when you have
    > been in labor 24 hours and you have put in your birth plan no back or semisitting, your midwife
    > has convinced you to push without urge, you are on the birth stool uncomfortable saying to your
    > midwife "I am not supposed to be on my tailbone am I?" and she replies
    only
    > "Been reading Todd Gastaldo have you?" and then semisits you on the bed -- and you just want it to
    > end -- and end up with PTSD in addition to the physical damage.
    >
    > -- Dagny

    Maybe Dagny is just kidding about her midwife saying "Been reading Todd Gastaldo have you?"

    But I don't think she is...

    The midwife could just as well have asked, "Been reading the medical literature from early
    last century?"

    The medical literature from early last century contains the simple biomechanical FACT that dorsal
    and semisitting CLOSE the birth canal.

    Also last century - there was RADIOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE indicating that dorsal and semisitting close the
    birth canal UP TO 30%...

    Arrrgghhh... I am so sad that midwife did that to Dagny and her baby - intentionally closed Dagny's
    birth canal up to 30% - if indeed she did.

    Again, thanks for reading.

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    Ds. Gastaldo [email protected]

    As indicated above, this Open Letter to Samantha at The Coding Institute will be archived for global
    access at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2343

    Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive. Search http://groups.google.com for "Do You
    Look Good In An Orange Jumpsuit?"