Obtaining a Blank Frame

zscioli

Apr 18, 2006
~ What's the best way to purchase, or get a blank road bike frame, preferably alum. You can't seem to just go buy them at a LBS. DO i need to get in contact with a frame builder? How much will it cost etc.
ANy info wil help...

Thanks

zscioli said:
~ What's the best way to purchase, or get a blank road bike frame, preferably alum. You can't seem to just go buy them at a LBS. DO i need to get in contact with a frame builder? How much will it cost etc.
ANy info wil help...
There are a lot of taiwanese made AL frames that can be bought on the Internet for rediculously low prices. You would have to strip the paint, but you could find something between $100 and $200. Nashbar has one for a hundred and twenty clams.

bbolstad said:
please post links, i am looking for a cheap frame

Google "Nashbar" Go to the "frames" section.

Performance probably has similar frames.

Leader has some great frames on eBay also. I picked up a 780R a few weeks ago and am very impressed with it. It should be completely built up this week and so at this point it's still unridden, but after thoroughly scrutinizing it as best as you possibly can to a painted frame, it seems fantastic. I don't have a scale to weight it with, but it I'd guess it's probably under 3lbs. Not bad for a little over $200.