Obviously not a physics major:

Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
overcooked this a little'...

Steve.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
> overcooked this a little'...

Heheheh, YIKES! He prolly din't realise until he landed, dumb goof LOL!

Shaun aRe

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
>> overcooked this a little'...

>Heheheh, YIKES! He prolly din't realise until he landed, dumb goof LOL!

Am I the only one who suspects that the stunt might have been rigged
to LOOK like a total wipeout? Think about it - you NEVER see the
landing area at all, even after the (probably very bad...) landing.

Is it possible they had some sort of net/pond/pile of cardboard boxes
there?

Call me a cynic, but a video that makes it look like the guy did a 40
foot face plant can be sold for lots of money to one of the "I can do
a stupider thing than you on TV shows".

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>

>>>Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
>>>overcooked this a little'...

>>Heheheh, YIKES! He prolly din't realise until he landed, dumb goof LOL!

> Am I the only one who suspects that the stunt might have been rigged
> to LOOK like a total wipeout? Think about it - you NEVER see the
> landing area at all, even after the (probably very bad...) landing.
>
> Is it possible they had some sort of net/pond/pile of cardboard boxes
> there?
>
> Call me a cynic, but a video that makes it look like the guy did a 40
> foot face plant can be sold for lots of money to one of the "I can do
> a stupider thing than you on TV shows".
>
> Mark Hickey

I don't know... check out the stills in the middle of this page
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121389&page=2&pp=15

--
Slack

Slack <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:

>> Am I the only one who suspects that the stunt might have been rigged
>> to LOOK like a total wipeout? Think about it - you NEVER see the
>> landing area at all, even after the (probably very bad...) landing.
>>
>> Is it possible they had some sort of net/pond/pile of cardboard boxes
>> there?
>>
>> Call me a cynic, but a video that makes it look like the guy did a 40
>> foot face plant can be sold for lots of money to one of the "I can do
>> a stupider thing than you on TV shows".

>I don't know... check out the stills in the middle of this page
>http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121389&page=2&pp=15

Yeah, I guess he DID do something stupid on TV... ouch.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Think the "Superman" pose is deliberate, or did he have a sudden flash of
reality and think of bailing?