OCUP #2 Race Day Photos



Status
Not open for further replies.
T

..::Tbf::..

Guest
I decided to take this season off competing to focus on my career, but I'm staying involved by
volunteering at our local races. I was helping out at the feedzone for OCUP 1 and 2. The vantage
point was great, I got to take some awesome photos of the guys/gals going in fresh and coming
out bonked.

These are the pictures from OCUP 2, held at Kelso, in Milton, Ontario. It was a day of awesome
riding, from the beginner class to the elite men's races.

enjoy!

http://groups.msn.com/MTBPhotos/shoebox.msnw

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/
 
R

Robert Schultz

Guest
"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I decided to take this season off competing to focus on my career, but I'm staying involved by
> volunteering at our local races. I was helping out at the feedzone for OCUP 1 and 2. The vantage
> point was great, I got to take some awesome photos of the guys/gals going in fresh and coming
> out bonked.
>
> These are the pictures from OCUP 2, held at Kelso, in Milton, Ontario. It was a day of awesome
> riding, from the beginner class to the elite men's races.
>
> enjoy!
>
> http://groups.msn.com/MTBPhotos/shoebox.msnw

Yeah, that was fun.

I should have turned around when I realized I left my number plate at home.

The course wasn't too bad considering the rain.

Fell in the second lap and popped the saddle off the rails. Decided I could finish anyways. In the
access road downhill I flatted the rear tire. This is the third flat for the Stan's No-Tubes kit.
They're gone.

Pulled out a spare tube and my pump. Pump was in two pieces. Figured it was time to go home. I never
seem to finish a race at Kelso. The place is cursed!.

Rob S.

P.S. HoW did you find time to take pictures while manning the feed zone? There's some good
expresions on some of those guys.
 
T

..::Tbf::..

Guest
--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Robert Schultz" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
>
> "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I decided to take this season off competing to focus on my career, but
I'm
> > staying involved by volunteering at our local races. I was helping out
at
> > the feedzone for OCUP 1 and 2. The vantage point was great, I got to
take
> > some awesome photos of the guys/gals going in fresh and coming out
bonked.
> >
> > These are the pictures from OCUP 2, held at Kelso, in Milton, Ontario.
It
> > was a day of awesome riding, from the beginner class to the elite men's races.
> >
> > enjoy!
> >
> > http://groups.msn.com/MTBPhotos/shoebox.msnw
>
> Yeah, that was fun.
>
> I should have turned around when I realized I left my number plate at
home.
>
> The course wasn't too bad considering the rain.
>
> Fell in the second lap and popped the saddle off the rails. Decided I
could
> finish anyways. In the access road downhill I flatted the rear tire. This
is
> the third flat for the Stan's No-Tubes kit. They're gone.
>
> Pulled out a spare tube and my pump. Pump was in two pieces. Figured it
was
> time to go home. I never seem to finish a race at Kelso. The place is cursed!.
>
> Rob S.
>
> P.S. HoW did you find time to take pictures while manning the feed zone? There's some good
> expresions on some of those guys.
>
>

Hey I think I remember you sailing down by the bay Cycle camper with your seat in one hand. I was
working the feedzone along with the guys from Ecclestone Cycle. I snapped a bunch of pictures while
we took turns watering you guys.

How about the guy with two flat, on two separate laps??
 
R

Robert Schultz

Guest
> How about the guy with two flat, on two separate laps??

That sucks but it's pretty common. You are in such a hurry to fix the flat and get racing again
you don't get enough pressure in the tire. A pinch flat is just waiting, especially as you try to
make up time.

Rob S.
 
J

Jon Bond

Guest
"Robert Schultz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > How about the guy with two flat, on two separate laps??
>
>
> That sucks but it's pretty common. You are in such a hurry to fix the flat and get racing again
> you don't get enough pressure in the tire. A pinch
flat
> is just waiting, especially as you try to make up time.
>
> Rob S.

Not in a race, but on a ride last month I got two flats - first one was front tire, normal puncture,
not sure from what. Second one was rear tire while climbing a fireroad, but I think it was a pinch
flat. In other words, my tires just aren't resilient anymore (opinion of two seperate bike shop
owners, who checked the pressure I put in to see if it was high enough, and said even though they
still had some tread left the casing was worn out)

Of course, in a race I'd usually put on fresh tires... oh wait, they're my only set. Oops.

Jon Bond
 
R

Robert Schultz

Guest
> Of course, in a race I'd usually put on fresh tires... oh wait, they're my only set. Oops.
>
> Jon Bond
>
'Fresh' tires for a race? As in new? Different set, but seldom new here.

Over the years I've aquired a lot of tires, but there's only a few sets I keep using.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.