Odd and possible stupid question

Leaf

May 16, 2006
Is it possible that the build up of lactic acid in the legs can produce acid burps that burn your throat...

Ive been getting these a lot lately about 2 hours after my rides.

I suppose anything is possible, but I suspect it's something you ate more than that.

Leaf said:
Is it possible that the build up of lactic acid in the legs can produce acid burps that burn your throat...

No. Not at all.

Leaf said:
lol ok didnt think so... just wondering why the **** im getting these damn burps lately.

Did you change anything in yoiur diet? Are you using a different energy drink? Are you eating and/or drinking before a ride?

Could also be the result of stress.

Bananas before a ride? Coffee? They kill me. Especially after huffing and puffing awhile. All of the air I'm pulling it, makes me burp...

Leaf said:

The acid is coming from your stomach not your muscles. You may have acid reflux - a degeneration of the valve connecting the oesophagus and the stomach. If you had this you would be also feeling queasy in the stomach at night when laying down.

Probably just gulping a lot of air into your stomach during your ride and burping it up with a bit of stomach acid later.

Crankyfeet said:
The acid is coming from your stomach not your muscles. You may have acid reflux - a degeneration of the valve connecting the oesophagus and the stomach. If you had this you would be also feeling queasy in the stomach at night when laying down.

Probably just gulping a lot of air into your stomach during your ride and burping it up with a bit of stomach acid later.
Pretty sure I dont have acid reflex... I know if it, my brother has it...

Im thinking it might be swallowing a lot of air during my ride, maybe I shud keep my mouth shut more lol...

Also only change in my diet was eating a lot healthiar, and taking a fish oil pill. Im thinking it might be the fish oil, but im just going back to my old diet that I use to use and I dont recall experiencing this before... so its not really a big change.