Odd interaction with a road rager

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by Ron McKinnon, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:30:02 GMT, "B i l l S o r n s o n"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Loyal opposition is fine (and valuable), Guy. Distortions, dishonesty,
    >outright lies and yellow "ambush journalism" aren't in that category.

    Yeah, but I was talking about the /opposition/ here...

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  2. On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:30:02 GMT, "B i l l S o r n s o n"

  3. Blair P. Houghton wrote:
    > B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am sure that terrorists the world over will be delighted that,
    >>> having (probably temporarily) lost the USA as a source of training
    >>> and weapons, at least they have in Bush the best recruiting
    >>> sergeant any fundamentalist could want :-/

    >> While that obviously would please you, there's another possibility:
    >> that two relatively free societies will emerge in a long-repressed
    >> region, and masses of people will see that and decide that THEY want
    >> some of that, too.

    > I'm not going to add anything to this thread beyond
    > asking you to search through 50 years of Israeli history
    > for evidence that the Arab world thinks Democracy is the
    > way to go.
    >
    > Hint: Israel does have a right to exist, as much as Iraq, Iran,
    > Syria, the Lebanon, Oman, etc. have. So it's not about that, there.

    Umm, there's a little more going on with Israel in that region than its
    democratic society.

    > --Blair
    > "Shut up and think."

    Bill "stop being an insufferable asshole" S.

  4. On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:12:57 GMT, "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >"There is nothing patriotic about hating your country, or pretending
    >that you can love your country but despise your government."

    The words of someone in government who was subject to a hate campaign.
    Clearly completely reliable :)