Odd Pedal problem

N_laplaca

Aug 27, 2003
I have a problem with my left pedal that is driving me crazy. I am using Shimano PD-R600 pedals.They are about 2 years old. I feel a slight popping when I am on the downstroke. Doesn't happen every revolution. There has to be a fair amount of pressure. I can't hear it, I just feel it.

I thought that it was my cleat since they were beginning to get a bit worn. Just put a new pair on but that wasn't it. I inspected the pedal as best I could but I didn't see anything that was obviously wrong. The pedal itself rotates fine and is not loose. Any Ideas before I give up and dump it off at the shop?

Nick

N_laplaca said:
I have a problem with my left pedal that is driving me crazy. I am using Shimano PD-R600 pedals.They are about 2 years old. I feel a slight popping when I am on the downstroke. Doesn't happen every revolution. There has to be a fair amount of pressure. I can't hear it, I just feel it.

I thought that it was my cleat since they were beginning to get a bit worn. Just put a new pair on but that wasn't it. I inspected the pedal as best I could but I didn't see anything that was obviously wrong. The pedal itself rotates fine and is not loose. Any Ideas before I give up and dump it off at the shop?

Nick

I forgot to add that I put the bike in my trainer and pedaled it with a pair of sneakers in my 53/12 just to see if I could feel the same popping. I could not. Not sure if that is at all helpful but I wanted to mention it.

N_laplaca said:
I forgot to add that I put the bike in my trainer and pedaled it with a pair of sneakers in my 53/12 just to see if I could feel the same popping. I could not. Not sure if that is at all helpful but I wanted to mention it.
Any chance that your shoe soles have delaminated? I had a brand new pair of Shimano R151's that would pop on every revolution (just the left shoe). It even did it just walking on the shoe on a flat surface. Try clipping the shoe in the pedal by itself and pulling and pushing on it. Just a thought ....