Odd size tires

Paul Sitko

Guest
I have a lightning handcycle. It's a lean-tilt handcycle trike. The
two rear tires are in desperate need of replacement and I can't find
them ANYWHERE! Does anyone have any idea where I can get 18"x1"
(19-400) tires and tubes? I'm desperate!

Paul: I have no checked but the best results I get are from the
Hostellshop.com
Might give it a try.
Bill M
--
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness,"

news:[email protected]...

[email protected] (Paul Sitko) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > http://www.theaftermarketgang.com/primo/primo.htm
> >
> > Here's one place. I searched "tire,19-400" to find it. It's a wheel chair
> > tire, from the looks of it.
> >

> Thank you so much. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not sure
> how I missed this one on my google search, I used the exact same
> search yesterday and couldn't find anyone who was carrying them.
> Thanks again.

I've tried to contact these guys to no avail. I got in touch with Dr
Jon Franks with Lightning handcycles and apparently I've got a very
early model. It seems that these 18x1" (19-400) tubes and tires may
not be made any more. If anyone comes up with a dealer who has them I
will be happy to buy in large quantities from them. I'm going to keep
looking.

Paul Sitko wrote:

> I've tried to contact these guys to no avail. I got in touch with Dr
> Jon Franks with Lightning handcycles and apparently I've got a very
> early model. It seems that these 18x1" (19-400) tubes and tires may
> not be made any more. If anyone comes up with a dealer who has them I
> will be happy to buy in large quantities from them. I'm going to keep
> looking.

Don't know about the tyres, but ICE specify the tubes for their 406 wheeled
trikes. http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

www.danscomp.com they sell the primo slic 18x1 tires and tubes and rims
even. I am building a delta streamliner trike with two of those for the
rear. seem like a nice high pressure slick. go to "bike parts"-"tires
race/trails" scroll down and you should see them on the right.

wheeled trikes. http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

--

Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/http://www.le-
gslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/

Harris Cyclery has 18 x 1.5" tubes and tires, and they also stock
tires for the birdy folding bike which is an 18 x 1.12" tire and that
should work. The URL is:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com

Also, I take it you contacted the manufacturer of the Lightning
Handcycle and asked them where to get the tires? If not, here is
their address.
360 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 1005
El Segundo, CA 90245

310-592-5479 Cell
888-426-3292 Toll Free
310-821-3349 Fax

Sheldon Brown's site is an old favorite of mine.

Melanie