Odd size tires



P

Paul Sitko

Guest
I have a lightning handcycle. It's a lean-tilt handcycle
trike. The two rear tires are in desperate need of
replacement and I can't find them ANYWHERE! Does anyone have
any idea where I can get 18"x1" (19-400) tires and tubes?
I'm desperate!
 
T

Tom Blum

Guest
http://www.theaftermarketgang.com/primo/primo.htm

Here's one place. I searched "tire,19-400" to find it. It's
a wheel chair tire, from the looks of it.

Mark at Poweron Cycling sells 18x1 tubes for use with
schwalbe tires. He may be able to get the corresponding
tires www.poweroncycling.com

Good Luck Tom
 
B

Bill Marsh

Guest
Paul: I have no checked but the best results I get are from
the Hostellshop.com Might give it a try. Bill M
--
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental
illness,"

"Paul Sitko" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a lightning handcycle. It's a lean-tilt handcycle
> trike. The two rear tires are in desperate need of
> replacement and I can't find them ANYWHERE! Does anyone
> have any idea where I can get 18"x1" (19-400) tires and
> tubes? I'm desperate!
 
P

Paul Sitko

Guest
[email protected] (Paul Sitko) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > http://www.theaftermarketgang.com/primo/primo.htm
> >
> > Here's one place. I searched "tire,19-400" to find it.
> > It's a wheel chair tire, from the looks of it.
> >
> Thank you so much. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
> I'm not sure how I missed this one on my google search, I
> used the exact same search yesterday and couldn't find
> anyone who was carrying them. Thanks again.

I've tried to contact these guys to no avail. I got in touch
with Dr Jon Franks with Lightning handcycles and apparently
I've got a very early model. It seems that these 18x1" (19-
400) tubes and tires may not be made any more. If anyone
comes up with a dealer who has them I will be happy to buy
in large quantities from them. I'm going to keep looking.
 
D

Dave Larrington

Guest
Paul Sitko wrote:

> I've tried to contact these guys to no avail. I got in
> touch with Dr Jon Franks with Lightning handcycles and
> apparently I've got a very early model. It seems that
> these 18x1" (19-400) tubes and tires may not be made any
> more. If anyone comes up with a dealer who has them I will
> be happy to buy in large quantities from them. I'm going
> to keep looking.

Don't know about the tyres, but ICE specify the tubes for
their 406 wheeled trikes. http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

--

Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
===========================================================
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
===========================================================
 

calfeenated

New Member
Jun 26, 2004
1
0
0
51
www.danscomp.com
they sell the primo slic 18x1 tires and tubes and rims even.
I am building a delta streamliner trike with two of those for the rear. seem like a nice high pressure slick.
go to "bike parts"-"tires race/trails" scroll down and you should see them on the right.


> I've tried to contact these guys to no avail. I got in
> touch with Dr Jon Franks with Lightning handcycles and
> apparently I've got a very early model. It seems that
> these 18x1" (19-400) tubes and tires may not be made any
> more. If anyone comes up with a dealer who has them I will
> be happy to buy in large quantities from them. I'm going
> to keep looking.

Don't know about the tyres, but ICE specify the tubes for
their 406 wheeled trikes. http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

--

Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
===========================================================
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
=========================================================== [/B][/QUOTE]
 
M

Melanie

Guest
Harris Cyclery has 18 x 1.5" tubes and tires, and they also stock
tires for the birdy folding bike which is an 18 x 1.12" tire and that
should work. The URL is:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com

Also, I take it you contacted the manufacturer of the
Lightning Handcycle and asked them where to get the tires?
If not, here is their address. 360 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite
1005 El Segundo, CA 90245

310-592-5479 Cell 888-426-3292 Toll Free 310-821-3349 Fax

Sheldon Brown's site is an old favorite of mine.

Melanie