Odd Symptom --- diet related?

"Marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> For the past few day's I've felt cold and just can't seem to get warm.
> This is very unusual for me, 'cause I'm the guy who's always fighting
> over the thermostat because I want it colder.
>
> FYI, I've lost 17 additional pounds since February 28th (21 days).
> Along with the fast weight loss, I'm sure that my triglyceride and
> cholesterol levels have dropped; I know that my blood pressure has.
> I'm also taking a fistful of supplements daily including fish oil,
> flaxseed oil, and garlic -- besides a new prescription for
> extended-release Niacin (Niaspan) all geared towards getting the blood
> lipids better stabilized. My blood sugar has been perfect regardless
> of when I test it.
>
> Does anyone know if this rapid weight loss could have any bearing on
> feeling cold? I've never experienced it before. I go back to the Dr.
> in two weeks for a blood lipid check; guess I'll mention it to him.
>
> Just for background, for the past 3 weeks I've been keeping my carb
> intake around 40g/day (thanks Roger, I didn't need to keep them any
> lower); I've avoided most dairy (not permanently but just to help cut
> back on calories for awhile). I've been limiting my calories to
> around 1200/day, and I'm having trouble eating that much; I'm having
> to remember to eat because I'm not getting hungry -- especially at
> lunchtime. I've been eating a McDonald's bacon ranch salad without
> the croutons and no dressing most days for lunch, and my evening meals
> has been very basic: either meat/chicken/fish and vegetables with a
> sprinkling of grated parmesan .. or Hannah Guren's ItalianSausage
> soup. The only snacks I eat are snow cones with Splenda sweetened
> DaVinci syrups. Been trying to walk as much as possible for exercise
> (I have a physical disability that limits the kinds of exercise I can
> do).
>
> I'm not going to post my new weight yet; I don't want to jinx it. When
> I reach goal I'm going to post the "after" pictures alongside the
> "before" on my web site.
>
> But this cold feeling is bugging me. Any ideas?
>
> TIA
> --
>
> Peter

Have you been tested for HIV?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:25:04 -0600, "Ogneram" <[email protected]> wrote:

|"Marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|news:[email protected]...
|>
|> For the past few day's I've felt cold and just can't seem to get warm.
|> This is very unusual for me, 'cause I'm the guy who's always fighting
|> over the thermostat because I want it colder.
|>
|> FYI, I've lost 17 additional pounds since February 28th (21 days).
|> Along with the fast weight loss, I'm sure that my triglyceride and
|> cholesterol levels have dropped; I know that my blood pressure has.
|> I'm also taking a fistful of supplements daily including fish oil,
|> flaxseed oil, and garlic -- besides a new prescription for
|> extended-release Niacin (Niaspan) all geared towards getting the blood
|> lipids better stabilized. My blood sugar has been perfect regardless
|> of when I test it.
|>
|> Does anyone know if this rapid weight loss could have any bearing on
|> feeling cold? I've never experienced it before. I go back to the Dr.
|> in two weeks for a blood lipid check; guess I'll mention it to him.
|>
|> Just for background, for the past 3 weeks I've been keeping my carb
|> intake around 40g/day (thanks Roger, I didn't need to keep them any
|> lower); I've avoided most dairy (not permanently but just to help cut
|> back on calories for awhile). I've been limiting my calories to
|> around 1200/day, and I'm having trouble eating that much; I'm having
|> to remember to eat because I'm not getting hungry -- especially at
|> lunchtime. I've been eating a McDonald's bacon ranch salad without
|> the croutons and no dressing most days for lunch, and my evening meals
|> has been very basic: either meat/chicken/fish and vegetables with a
|> sprinkling of grated parmesan .. or Hannah Guren's ItalianSausage
|> soup. The only snacks I eat are snow cones with Splenda sweetened
|> DaVinci syrups. Been trying to walk as much as possible for exercise
|> (I have a physical disability that limits the kinds of exercise I can
|> do).
|>
|> I'm not going to post my new weight yet; I don't want to jinx it. When
|> I reach goal I'm going to post the "after" pictures alongside the
|> "before" on my web site.
|>
|> But this cold feeling is bugging me. Any ideas?
|>
|> TIA
|> --
|>
|> Peter
|
|Have you been tested for HIV?

ACME
.. TROLL-O-METER
.. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
.. +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
^

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:18:59 -0500, Marengo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>For the past few day's I've felt cold and just can't seem to get warm.
>This is very unusual for me, 'cause I'm the guy who's always fighting
>over the thermostat because I want it colder.

I tend to feel cold most of the time since I lost weight. I assume
it's just a lack of fatty insulation that's causing it. I drink a lot
more hot tea, and keep the house at 72 instead of a cheaper 70. And
in summer, I get to keep the house at 75 and I'm comfortable.

Started 3/1/04
208/118/118