OddsandEndos Mike Garcia Speedcific Niobium Wheelset?

janus_waluz said:
I have been pining for a Speedcific Niobium Wheelset from Mike Garcia's www.Oddsandendos.com for quite some time. I just found one on eBAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270005303613&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

From everything I have heard Mike Garcia is a very top quality builder. Any thoughts on this wheelset? Seems almost too good to be true at that price since the BuyItNow is, what, 60% of new?

Janus
OK no recommendations? A buddy has these and paid $460 and loves them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Janus

janus_waluz said:
OK no recommendations? A buddy has these and paid $460 and loves them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Janus

I don't own them, but I've heard only good and no bad. I did actually reach out for them myself on an inquiry and I never got a response. Your luck may be better.

You have to call Mike, and he will help you out with anything. I have his RR 1.1 wheelset and I love it. It was basically what I was looking for, and the quality is like no other. Just perfect!

janus_waluz said:
Janus
Ouch. I wish I had seen your message sooner. I have had nothing but bad luck with Mike Garcia and oddsandendos.com. Currently I have had three wheels built. One wheel I returned the damaged hub and components AND HE HAS NOT REFUNDED MY MONEY. All three wheels had noticable issues within the first 100 miles.